Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

I worked my way up to 3 micro scoops of Hcl. This dose was two days ago. It was the most terrifying experience I ever had. Despite a lot of gratitutde and love and acceptance, I couldn't fully let go. It felt like I was dying for 40 minutes straight. My psyche wanted to scream for help, but I aborted every attempt to change anything. I allowed myself to die. And yet, it didn't get me through. Although it was so terrifying, it was extremely humbling. And I want to go in again. That's what you guys always mean with the sub breakthrough dose right? Is 3,5 micro scoops still physically safe?

By the way, since then, I'm grateful as I've never been. I got a glimpse of love, for I learned to love even that experience of dying. Yesterday, I had my first successful N,N-DMT breakthrough via vaporizing. I went in with respect and love, and I saw why it never worked before. It's all the mindset. What a beautiful experience.

Now it's time to get through with 5-MeO. Thank you all for your help. I'm so lucky living in the circumstances to be able to use this substance and learn from it.

??

@peanutspathtotruth Your mind is simply not developed enough to handle the revelations which the higher doses must reveal.

Don't worry so much about getting a breakthrough. That will come naturally once you are ready for it. The way you get ready for it is by doing smaller trips, contemplating deeply, doing other practices, and taking time to integrate each trip.

Do 10-20 smaller trips and integrate all those insights. Then you'll be ready for a breakthrough.

You're trying to go too fast and your psyche isn't equipped to handle it.

This work is a marathon, not a sprint.

It took me about 1 year to integrate my highest dose (30mg) 5-MeO-DMT trip. Now I can handle a lot more (not dosage-wise but insight-wise).

It all comes down to this key question: How much mindfuck can your psyche handle?

The mindfuck goes much deeper than anyone expects. It blindsides you and you don't even know what happened because Truth is such a mindfuck.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 8:03 AM, Zigzag Idiot said:

Recorded in my journal in the last hour. Pasting here.

it took an enormous effort to just record the following while experiencing effects. I was partly motivated by fear. There was a rush of fear, then ,,,,, nothing.

17 mcg of 5 meo dmt vaporized first time.

Probably too much. Time stops. Crickets drown out ,,,,,  off and on

Cranial blasted open

Journaled into my fear realtime,

still tripping but coming down

Whew,,,,,

That was very intense.

There was a real heavy body lode in it. Awareness didn't alter.

17mcg. I call bullshit. Or a typo-BUT there seems to be so many people here yearning for the 5 MeO DMT full release experience, without any true comprehension of what it entails, who on one level feel they need to "rise to the challenge" because Leo is telling them their psyche is not ready to handle it. This stuff is not a casual thing, and I have reservations about how its being presented here on Actualized. It draws attention to it in a possibly negative way which in time could have major implications for its availability.

If the above poster meant 17mg and is describing his experience then he should be glad he either had the salt version and/or a shitty vaporization technique.

6 minutes ago, Corpus said:

who on one level feel they need to "rise to the challenge" because Leo is telling them their psyche is not ready to handle it.

It's not a challenge. I have always recommended moderate dosing of psychedelics.

Many psyches will struggle to handle breakthrough doses.

Don't be so nitpicky.

@Corpus  Yes, it was 17 mcg.

I understand it's not the most thorough trip report but, what is wrong?

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not a challenge. I have always recommended moderate dosing of psychedelics.

Many psyches will struggle to handle breakthrough doses.

Don't be so nitpicky.

Leo, it is not nit-picking.And the comment made is not a criticism of you, but more a recognition that inevitably there are going to be members here who think that you are "the cat that got the cream", and they want some of it without knowing, as you do, the full implications. This is because the slant here is to eulogise it in a way that could be very dangerous for the user, and the responsible enthusiast.

And to Zigzag  Idiot- 17 MICROGRAMS? Pray tell, how did you weigh this dose out?

@Corpus Time stopped. That's how it felt last night.At first a rush of fear and then nothing,,, just empty awareness 

Tonight was a different experience not as intense. It overtook me in an unexpected way each time vs NN dmt which overwhelms my visual field when I've taken good hits of it.

4 minutes ago, Corpus said:

And to Zigzag  Idiot- 17 MICROGRAMS? Pray tell, how did you weigh this dose out?

Excuse me,,, Milligrams

Tripping has been good for me.

I'm not as anal and as full of complaints as I used to be.

I could do a better job at being exact and articulating my experience better, though.

1 hour ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I could do a better job at being exact and articulating my experience better, though.

The experience is so tricky to articulate, and I apologise if you thought I was getting at you re the mg/mcg issue. 17mg of vaporized freebase is a very very strong dose indeed if executed properly. I think part of my concerns relate to the conflation in this thread of various ROAs with the inevitable result that a wide range of numbers are thrown out there eg Leo being a fan of up to 30mg of salt rectally, and the advice to push up the dose by 5mg  if its not hitting the spot which, without explicit reference to the ROA, belies the potency of the compound.

For efficiently vaporized freebase the following schema is considered appropriate by a small but dedicated group of practitioners who almost certainly know more about using 5 MeO than  many here:

2-7mg for psychedelic novices;

8-12mg for those with some experience and ability to navigate the space;

13-20mg for those who are very experienced with high dose psychedelics, starting at 13mg and increasing the dose in 0.5-1mg increments.

And glass pipes are far from being the most efficient tools for vaping 5 MeO freebase, something which is also not adequately stressed in on-line discussions.

@Corpus I'm very much in agreement with you. It doesn't need to be 'glorified'. 

You sound responsible and I'm 52 going on 15. ? ?

1 hour ago, Corpus said:

And glass pipes are far from being the most efficient tools for vaping 5 MeO freebase

Why? Could you explain it in details please?

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@peanutspathtotruth Your mind is simply not developed enough to handle the revelations which the higher doses must reveal.

Don't worry so much about getting a breakthrough. That will come naturally once you are ready for it. The way you get ready for it is by doing smaller trips, contemplating deeply, doing other practices, and taking time to integrate each trip.

Do 10-20 smaller trips and integrate all those insights. Then you'll be ready for a breakthrough.

You're trying to go too fast and your psyche isn't equipped to handle it.

This work is a marathon, not a sprint.

It took me about 1 year to integrate my highest dose (30mg) 5-MeO-DMT trip. Now I can handle a lot more (not dosage-wise but insight-wise).

It all comes down to this key question: How much mindfuck can your psyche handle?

The mindfuck goes much deeper than anyone expects. It blindsides you and you don't even know what happened because Truth is such a mindfuck.

You're making very good points here. It's always good to remember that it's not a sprint. The ego would love it so much to "just get there". But indeed it doesn't work that way. Thanks for the sobering advice. And I agree about the mindfuck... Yes I'd have never believed that it's SUCH a mindfuck. No one can comprehend what this actually means unless you experience it. It's beyond anything. Thanks for your help :)

Well, got a new batch of 5 MeO and plugged 35 mgs (freebase) 

The comeup was smooth and gentle. Except around the five minute mark I felt like I had to puke. (Even though I didn't eat anything all day)

Still no breakthrough with plugging. Felt like I "almost" went to the doors but not quite.

Guess I just gotta keep upping the dose til it just takes me. Will likely go 37 or 38 next. And slowly increse to 40, then 42 or 43 then 45. If I don't hit it by 45 then I just don't know what to say. 

Will be smoking it next time, cause I know I can get a breakthrough that way. Just really want to make plugging work ! 

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

@nowimhere Seems like you're too cautious with your dosing. Increasing by 1mg is too anal. Up it by 5mg each time. Then you should hit a breakthrough soon.

It's totally normal to require 40-45mg when plugging.

The range is between 15mg to 45mg, depending a lot on your tolerance which seems to be genetically determined.

Since you've already broken through via smoking, you should have no trouble with 40mg-45mg plugged. The plugged breakthrough will be much gentler (but still epic).

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@nowimhere Seems like you're too cautious with your dosing. Increasing by 1ml is too anal. Up it by 5mg each time. Then you should hit a breakthrough soon.

It's totally normal to require 40-45mg when plugging.

The range is between 15mg to 45mg, depending a lot on your tolerance which seems to be genetically determined.

Since you've already broken through via smoking, you should have no trouble with 40mg-45mg plugged. The plugged breakthrough will be much gentler (but still epic).

Beautiful :) 40mgs it will be then for next time!

Curious, are your numbers referring to Freebase or HCL? Cause 35mgs freebase equals 40.8 HCL, so 40mgs freebase would equal 46.6 HCL and 45mgs freebase would equal 52.5 HCL

And thanks @Jed Vassallo

Edited by nowimhere

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

1 hour ago, nowimhere said:

Beautiful :) 40mgs it will be then for next time!

Curious, are your numbers referring to Freebase or HCL? Cause 35mgs freebase equals 40.8 HCL, so 40mgs freebase would equal 46.6 HCL and 45mgs freebase would equal 52.5 HCL

And thanks @Jed Vassallo

Freebase is about 5mg more potent than HCl.

My numbers are ambiguous since 5mg is not a big difference. Tolerance is a much bigger factor.