Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

@nowimhere Here's how I conquered my fear of 5-MeO:

I did 13 trips over 13 consecutive days. By the end of it I was so deep mindfucked that fear of doing it became irrelevant.

It's normal to get a bit of anxiety prior to taking the substance. But once it's took, then just enjoy the ride.

At certain levels of consciousness fear becomes untenable.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura - thanks for the insight. 

Trip #11 - Breakthrough #9

14mg sandwhiched in mullien leafs through a glass pipe

Insights:  New mantra was found. Sii Liy.

Meaning : Seperation is illusion . Love is you. 

I found why I'm so horney all the time. Watch cam girls too much? Nah. It's all my infinite love wanting to express itself.

Sii Liy. Sii Liy. Sii Liy. 

Edited by nowimhere

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

Just watched @Leo Guras blog post on plugging. Dig the elastic band idea. One thing that has me curious, is "lay down on the couch or floor in the prone position" I assume this is so that you don't get leakage. But do you spend the entire trip in the prone position? And if not, at what point should you flip over? I think it would be hard to be in "bi lateral symetry" in the prone position. 

I think my last trip has finally given me the courage to try plugging. 

1 hour ago, nowimhere said:

But do you spend the entire trip in the prone position?

No. About 10 minutes is sufficient. After about 10 mins the substance will be fully absorbed and you are free to move around. I usually lay prone for the first 10 minutes and then sit up as the trip starts to really kick in.

I recommend sitting upright during the trip so you are not disoriented. With eyes open.

56 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No. About 10 minutes is sufficient. After about 10 mins the substance will be fully absorbed and you are free to move around. I usually lay prone for the first 10 minutes and then sit up as the trip starts to really kick in.

I recommend sitting upright during the trip so you are not disoriented. With eyes open.

Awesome will give that a go. I do have some back issues at the moment, so I may try sitting up in a recliner .

Edited by nowimhere

I'm seeking some guidance regarding my experience with 5-meo.  

After a couple of low dose tests I've done a 25 and a couple of days later 35mg plugging sessions of freebase with some vinegar.  Not everything was completely dissolved, but I have read Leo saying that's not a problem.  I may have used too much water (~0.5ml) with 35mg. I did not break through in either case.  First I was indeed quite scared doing higher dosages because of the rapid heart rate I experienced on test doses, but I didn't let it stop me. It starts with a sensation of a something thick and heavy coming my way, body load, stiff neck, discomfort and then rapid heart rate, and yet low shallow breathing. I remain totally calm and even surprised to feel my body going into crazy stress with what I can only interpret as fear of death. Yet I - the mind or the awareness don't share that fear, as if I disconnected from my body.   It's hard to describe, but while I try to surrender and let go of the body that feels like a frail bag of bones lying there, it keeps calling me back worried that I am literally dying - I'm an older man and I really don't know how much I can take :o   So then I realize a struggle of ego pulling from one side, and the whatever it is pulling me to the unknown - I notice and let go, focus on "I am" focus on body sensations (breath, heart pumping) but I can't ignore the body/ego for more than a few seconds.

The experience was not fun at all, but not horrible either, I've had a few similar states during meditation where my body sensed danger and reacted with adrenaline and rapid heart rate, which caused me to drop out of the awareness, ego wins again.  I would definitely continue with increasing the dose a bit, but last time I noticed my heart rate stayed at above 90 (from normal 60) for maybe 6 hours. That worries me because I'm ok with ego death, but not yet seeking the real thing.  

My questions are:

• Is my physical reaction "normal" or should I avoid 5-meo? I know your'e not a doctor.
  • For those with 5-meo, dpt and N,N-dmt experience - is the heart rate/body fear part similar or different for you?
  • Do others have similar mind-body dissociation where the mind is chill and the body is going apeshit?
  • Does the body fear go away after more practice?
  • Any recommendation on how to break through other than just add more material? 
  • Does the body calm down if you do break through? 

Thank you!

Edited by oldman

@oldman Overall you're doing fine. This can be quite typical. It just sounds like the ego isn't fully ready to surrender yet.

2 hours ago, oldman said:
  • Is my physical reaction "normal" or should I avoid 5-meo? I know your'e not a doctor.

Fairly normal. Remember, the ego is wrapped up with the body. It's a tangled mess. If the ego is not ready to surrender then anxiety and heart rate will increase as it tries to fight off the ego-death.

• For those with 5-meo, dpt and N,N-dmt experience - is the heart rate/body fear part similar or different for you?

My first few trips I had a lot of fear and basically even a panic attack. But after many trips and ego deaths there is almost no fear now when tripping and heart rate hardly changes. It has become a smooth transition from duality & ego into nonduality & no ego.

• Do others have similar mind-body dissociation where the mind is chill and the body is going apeshit?

I don't have that, but seems reasonable that that could happen. Your body probably has lots of emotional baggage stored in it from over the decades. It's good to let loose and shake/act that baggage out on psychedelics. That's a big part of the healing work. Sometimes the body has a lot of pent up energy which it wants to release or act out. Don't hold it back. Act it out without harming yourself or another.

• Does the body fear go away after more practice?

It should because all fear is illusory in the end. Your probably underestimate how much practice is required. So keep practicing.

• Any recommendation on how to break through other than just add more material? 

I'd recommend trying some other psychedelics like mushrooms or LSD. They can help you to deal with various baggage which will then make you pure enough for 5-MeO-DMT. You cannot go into full God-consciousness without being sufficiently pure and free of psychological baggage.

• Does the body calm down if you do break through?

A breakthrough can release a lot of pent up energy. The body can shake, move, vibrate, etc.

Rather than going straight for a breakthrough I'd spend more time exploring the psychedelic space on mushrooms and LSD. Get comfortable in the psychedelic space. Have some pleasant trips. Contemplate consciousness. Move around and stuff. Then try to go for a 5-MeO breakthrough.

I think you might be trying to go too quickly to the end. There is a lot to be gained from psychedelics even without a breakthrough. Trust that the breakthrough will come when you're ready for it. Dosage is not the most important thing, your level of purity and intent and tripping experience is more important.

Basically, your first 10-20 trips are just like kindergarten. The key to success with psychedelics is patience and consistency. With practice the results will snowball into something amazing.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Basically, your first 10-20 trips are just like kindergarten. The key to success with psychedelics is patience and consistency. With practice the results will snowball into something amazing.

@Leo Gura  Would you say the average outcome to this, is that after gradual increases and maybe 20 trys, you eventually just slide into an Awakening? Due to the comfortability of experience after so many trips, the increasing desire for more after you've experienced some positive effects, and a drive to know the truth of your existence? Or after 20 trys give or take, you'll still have to make the willful and purposeful choice to die, in order to experience God/Truth/Absolute/Infinity? 

@Jed Vassallo Probably depends on the person.

When I trip these days there is no choice or efforting. God mode every time and regardless of substance.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

When I trip these days there is no choice or efforting. God mode every time and regardless of substance.

Well of course you have no prob ;) Just wondering what might be the average one way or another for those of us working towards our first breakthrough? 

@Jed Vassallo You won't know until you try. Treat this whole process like a mission to Mars. Each trip holds new surprises and wonders.

Thanks for the detailed reply @Leo Gura .  Indeed, you are correct that I have over 40 ego-years to shake off (that's like 86 dog years).  Despite a deep and rapid change, only two years ago I was a very hard-nosed materialist and atheist.  My body may have not caught up as you suggest - I think it's a good diagnosis.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you Leo, many of your videos made a great impact along my path (e.g. I loved your strange-loop, quantum and Gödel series).   

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Leo so conscious he can take an ibuprofen and become infinite lmao! 

Well, finally got over my fear of plugging.

Plugged 17mg of freebase as according to @Ellenier the substance would have a weight of ((17X1.167) =19.839)

It was very smooth and gentle on the come up. Most of my "fear" was all beforehand, before I did the substance (same thing happens when I smoke it). I sat on my couch and looked at this golden plant pot that was right above a television. From time to time, by moving my head slightly, almost everything would go dark with only some shining "reference points" of the room left. The room appeared to almost dissapear, then it was quickly back again "in focus". Didn't breakthrough. As my ego's thought's were still there throughout the trip (altho shut off most of the time) . The golden pot would move around a little bit too. Similar to some solid objects move on a lose dose LSD trip. It mainly did this when the pot was not "in focus" and the room was partially dark. The plant itself also changed appearence from time to time (its a fake plant) but even that would change and go back "info focus" and look like a normal plant.

Considering I've broken though 9 times via smoking (14mgs) now, I know what a breakthrough is like, and this was definately not it. I am happy however that I got over my fear of plugging. And will be trying 20mgs freebase next time. Again according to Ellenier that would be ((20X1.167)=23.34) . But I think there is a "hole" in that theory (using 1.167 to multiple by the weight of the freebase) Basically, sure. It might make the MEO acetate weigh that much more because you are adding vinegar. But in the end of the day vinegar is not 5 MEO. So the potency of whatever you plug will be whatever the weight of the actual 5 MEO is before you make it a acetate solvent (before you add vinegar).  Might be wrong, but I think that makes the most sense.

Won't have a opportunity to plug for another month sadly, but will smoke it a few times before then. I also notice less "fear" before hand the more frequently I do it. For example; I get a LOT of fear when I haven't done it for 2 weeks or more. Less fear if I do it every week. And even less if I have done it within a few days or even the day before. Now, I'm not suggesting to do MEO multiple times a week for the rest of your life lol. But it is something to keep in mind. Also like the idea of doing it 13 times in a row (or a little more/little less) as a meditation retreat supercharger at some point this year. 

Edited by nowimhere

On 26/05/2019 at 10:15 AM, Leo Gura said:

Meditate, don't eat for 4 hours, then plug it, get mindfucked, then eat after the trip is over.

Repeat every day. Until you can't take any more.

Is it safe physically for 30 days every day?

What was your daily dose?

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura  do you recommend doing that 10 -20, one trip per day, or every other day, or take more time in between?   And do you mean 10- 20 trips to get to the first breakthrough, or are you saying 10 to 20 Awakening trips before you really ‘get it’?

3 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

@Leo Gura  do you recommend doing that 10 -20, one trip per day, or every other day, or take more time in between?  

You definitely can't do it every day when you first start. You'll need weeks and even months in between for integration. It should take you at least 1 year to do those 10-20 trips.

3 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

And do you mean 10- 20 trips to get to the first breakthrough, or are you saying 10 to 20 Awakening trips before you really ‘get it’?

10-20 awakening trips before you start to get it. They don't all have to breakthroughs, but many will be. You'll need many breakthroughs.

11 hours ago, Goodpeace said:

Is it safe physically for 30 days every day?

Unless you used mini-doses, that would be an immense amount for the mind and body to handle and would require a type of fitness and expertise.

It’s like asking if it’s safe to climb Mt. Everest. 

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You definitely can't do it every day when you first start. You'll need weeks and even months in between for integration. It should take you at least 1 year to do those 10-20 trips.

10-20 awakening trips before you start to get it. They don't all have to breakthroughs, but many will be. You'll need many breakthroughs.

I would say start low and slow. 1st trip just 5mg and observe and take how many days you want in between. I have done 40 trips in the span of 2 months of 5-meo and DPT. Every single one has been positive and higher and higher understanding. The last one, for example, my consciousness got crystallized to the point that I got to celestial realms and much more on that trip which was 75mg of DPT( I am pretty sure I am less sensitive than Leo but not a lot). I started to understand things at higher dimensions. We are all different. Leo at the beginning took months in between and I took days in between from my medium to large trips. The majority of times I have taken at least 1 day in between because of various reasons like ego backlash or other reasons.  

Edited by john23

6 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Unless you used mini-doses, that would be an immense amount for the mind and body to handle and would require a type of fitness and expertise.

It’s like asking if it’s safe to climb Mt. Everest. 

My question was provoked by this post of Leo. Some people have very strong ego resistance and there isn't a lot for integration so they CAN take more! And if you can take it 20-30 days every day and can handle it - is it safe then chemically for the brain and body, for the liver and kidneys, and so on. That was my question and what was his daily dose. But didn't get the answer...

Every day - 5-MeO.png

Edited by Goodpeace