Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

I read in psychedelicsociety that dosing is (obviously) much accurate and therefore safer, if it´s synthetic 5-MeO-DMT than if its "picked up" from the actual toad...Is this a concern regarding tripping at psychedelic retreats? Like, should I make sure the 5-MeO-DMT they offer me will it be from synthetic form? If its not should I pass and look for another one maybe?

Edited by Javfly33

@LittleMaslow This is my understanding, this is not legal advice, merely sharing my impression of the situation. If you want an actual word on the legal situation you'd have to talk to a lawyer:

Like @FredFred said, it's an unregulated substance in Canada, meaning that it's not banned. My understanding is that it's not even in a state between illegal and legal, it's just not controlled or banned in any way. It's simply not illegal. It is not approved for human consumption in Canada, because that would probably require it to be approved as a food or drug or herbal remedy. Therefore the distributors of 5-MeO-DMT sell it as a pure research chemical that is strictly not for human (or other animal) consumption, just for scientific research purposes.

Retreats that offer 5-MeO-DMT (I've not heard of any specifically, but I definitely believe that they exist in Canada) would be doing so slightly more into the grey area of the law, because it's pretty obvious that it's going into humans. They're probably slightly breaking the law, but no one cares.

I believe this discussion does not break the forum rules, but it's getting pretty close to them, so let's stay away from any specifics regarding source.

@Javfly33 I agree that synthetic 5-MeO-DMT is safer than toad venom, for exactly that reason. It's also kinder to the poor toads who get stressed out by being captured and milked of their venom. I wholeheartedly urge seekers to abandon the "natural" fallacy/bias and opt for synthetic 5-MeO-DMT. 

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@JustinS Yeah 15 mgs smoked is pretty intense. 

I still get a lot of fear even when I THINK about plugging it. Haven't done it yet. Perhaps its fear of the unknown. Fear of dying. Fear of fear itself.  All of them combined. As its a 10 minute come up. 

It's kind of nice to just smoke, reach peak immediately and deal with everything there and then. 

Edited by nowimhere

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

I died.

And it was the best thing that has ever happened.

Sad to be back. But know that not knowing is the key.

The bigger the fear , the bigger the breakthrough.

(14 mgs smoked)

This time I prayed. As another user once said "to whom? fuck I don't know. Myself I guess"

I prayed to be shown what I needed to see. As another friend put it "I'm not going to be so ignorant to think that I know what's best for me" I repeated this 5 or ten times (show me what I need to see) Felt calm. Then smoked, placed the pipe down in a down next to me. Lied back, and simply died. 

It was the  most beautiful experience. Deeper and more mystifying than any of the others. Truly "beyond infinity" as infinity is just a concept. As the self is just a concept. Being back feels foreign. As that experience feels like the realest thing that can be experienced. Pure awareness. The godhead. You ! But not "you" devoid of other. You and other. You and all things combined. Minus yourself. And minus all things. Paradoxes have, probably the largest doses of truth contained withing. Happy, grateful. 

Death is a illusion so I died.  

Edited by nowimhere

@outlandish no problem.

Man I smoked some MEO today and had a "boarder line" trip. Definitely not breakthrough.

It was dark. It was hellish. It made me want to die afterward. 

As much as it kicked my ass, I am thankful for it. Probably dealt with a lot of pent up negativity/fear there.

I will soon have an update for you guys comparing the potency of HCl, oxalate, and freebase. And a bit later bufo venom.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I will soon have an update for you guys comparing the potency of HCl, oxalate, and freebase. And a bit later bufo venom.

Are they that different in potency that requires to explain them? Interesting, looking forward to it.

@john23 Buffo is definitely different in potency due to the fact that its not 100% pure 5 MEO in their venom. There is other stuff in there too. 

The stuff made in labs are usually 98% purity. So you would need a lot less, comparatively.

It would also be interesting to try ALL the different types of administration. (Plugging / Smoking / Snorting , ect)  and figure which one is more preferable for you. I've only smoked it. But I have the materials to plug it (Converting Freebase to acetate using 24% acetic vinegar) . So that will be one of the next routes that I try. 

43 minutes ago, nowimhere said:

@john23 Buffo is definitely different in potency due to the fact that its not 100% pure 5 MEO in their venom. There is other stuff in there too. 

The stuff made in labs are usually 98% purity. So you would need a lot less, comparatively.

It would also be interesting to try ALL the different types of administration. (Plugging / Smoking / Snorting , ect)  and figure which one is more preferable for you. I've only smoked it. But I have the materials to plug it (Converting Freebase to acetate using 24% acetic vinegar) . So that will be one of the next routes that I try. 

I have read about the difference between the methods of administration. And also about the lab made vs toad venom. But I haven't read about oxalate, hcl and freebase is what I haven't heard that much about the difference in the potency. That is what I am curious to know.

1 hour ago, john23 said:

Are they that different in potency that requires to explain them? Interesting, looking forward to it.

Yes, for instance, I did 22mg of oxalate rectally and felt nothing. But if I smoked that, it would be full blown. 

3 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Yes, for instance, I did 22mg of oxalate rectally and felt nothing. But if I smoked that, it would be full blown. 

That's nuts. 10mg of oxalate dissolved in water and plugged takes me to total infinity.

Make sure you are plugging it right. It's potent as fuck.

Your bowels MUST be empty. And don't plug too shallow.

Counted up my 5-MeO-DMT trips. 35 so far. And they still keep getting deeper.

@Leo Gura  Is this scoop the same as yours? Smaller side supposedly is 10 mg and bigger 25 mg. One big scoop of oxalate is almost enough for a breakthrough for me 

62147774_2276209229099259_5995150140439003136_n.jpg

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

I have a lady question. I'm scheduling for the bufo alvarius ceremony.

Are there any guidelines as to what time of your cycle does it make sense to schedule your psychedelic trip? 

For me, there are huge variations in mood. The second week I tend to be most stable and active, the week before my period I can easily get tense or depressed. The day before my period is usually the time when I'm most vulnerable, but also the time when my deepest insights come - I rely of this time of the month to show me what I've been neglecting in my life, what my most recent topic to look at is. Any experience is amplified.

I tend to think that I should err on the safe side and go when I'm most stable, but would love to hear any related experience.

@Elisabeth I would go with the time when you feel the best, most loving/joyful. 

30 minutes ago, Elisabeth said:

The day before my period is usually the time when I'm most vulnerable, but also the time when my deepest insights come - I rely of this time of the month to show me what I've been neglecting in my life, what my most recent topic to look at is. Any experience is amplified.

After smoking, you gonna be very vulnerable regardless.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk