Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,962 posts in this topic

@Poluch You're not going to be able to extract 5-MeO from yopo. Yopo extraction will yield bufotinine, which is a very different chemical. It's got a very high bodyload.

5-MeO is a very delicate molecule which gets destroyed via traditional extraction methods. There is also very little of it there in the plant to begin with.

You are better off milking a toad if you want "natural" 5-MeO.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Is it possible to produce 5-MeO naturally through dark room retreats? 

I heard that this is possible. Yet, I am very scared to try this version... 

45 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

I haven't tried.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

56 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

I think the brain naturally produces DMT  after extended periods in darkness, not 5-meo-dmt. 

@ValiantSalvatore @Serotoninluv As far as I know, none of the claims about this subject has been proved in any fashion.

It's been known for a long while that sensory deprivation for extended period of time can cause hallucinations. Are these hallucinations caused by the release of DMT in our brain?

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

@Serotoninluv yes, I was not aware of that 5-meo-dmt is the substance and dmt the chemical.

@FredFred Here is one report. From this guys school above.

Shinzen also talks about long periods in darkness he did a 100 days isolation in darkness and reported seeing people as insects afterwards so I am a bit scared. Another guy on the forum I wrote told me he stopped after 4 days.

Just now, ValiantSalvatore said:

@Serotoninluv yes, I was not aware of that 5-meo-dmt is the substance and dmt the chemical

They are both chemicals - different chemical structures.

12 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I think the brain naturally produces DMT  after extended periods in darkness, not 5-meo-dmt. 

@Serotoninluv

Apparently it does both according to man tak chia, first produces 5-MeO Dmt and then DMT

Apparently, one week is needed. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

@ValiantSalvatore for sure weird stuff would happen after a week in darkness, but to say that it's specifically because 5-MeO-DMT and DMT are being produced in your brain is a stretch. That's not based on any kind of measurement, just some guys gut feeling - which could be correct! But is likely not.

Anyways, if I was looking for a 5-MeO-DMT experience specifically, I would just get some 5-MeO-DMT rather than spend a week in the dark hoping to get some for "free".

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish I don't know. When a neuroscience consultant and many others say that stuff happens. Then I am quite sure something will happen. Why is a different discussion in which I certainly do not have the credentials. So, I am left to do my own testing and research. 

1 hour ago, outlandish said:

Anyways, if I was looking for a 5-MeO-DMT experience specifically, I would just get some 5-MeO-DMT rather than spend a week in the dark hoping to get some for "free".

That is not my point, I was searching for an alternative since it is illegal here. Sure, I already "found" a way to get access to it, yet how safe it is is a different story. 

One quote from my teacher is "Enlightenment is becoming comfortable in the dark". Many masters have already done this apparently, so I was curious. So, I was thinking about this quote for some time.

Otherwise, it would combine even both, a retreat and a 5-MeO experience, so it could even be more powerful for free. Yet, these retreats still cost money. Also, you could do 5-MeO and do a retreat, so you could even compare when you do both what you prefer or which is more powerful. In case dark room retreats work like that, I did not dive into any research or high-quality material, besides the videos above. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

Today is day 9. This goes way waaay beyond anything I have contextualized or imagined as a human form . I am in utter awe of the power of this molecule and the absolute enormity of potential. The image that comes to mind is like going from an ant to a human. Not only is this an unfathomable jump in consciousness, there is also the realization beyond the ant hill and that there is much much more out there. Now I return to ant form. Why even bother trying to contextualize this in such a limited mind form? I’m so curious how high baseline consciousness can go. 

47 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

@Serotoninluv   Are you still doing the 1-3mg daily , to come to these insights, or did you up the dose and frequency? 

Once per day for days 1-7, skipped day 8 (just felt right to skip), once day 9. Same amounts/effects. I haven’t noticed any tolerance build up. I may try twice for a day - morning and evening.

On 16.05.2019 at 7:07 PM, outlandish said:

That's not based on any kind of measurement, just some guys gut feeling - which could be correct! But is likely not.

I would say rather its really likely

Edited by tedens