Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, lostmedstudent said:

@Leo Gura hi Leo,

will it be clear that it is a breakthrough?

Yes, very clear.

i am asking this because i have tried psychedelics 3 times now and my experiences can be summarized as follows: 1st time shroom, very mild high, totally in touch with reality, did not have any insights 2nd time ayahuasca in a ceremony, felt my body dissolve and panicked for about 30s, but also did not get any insights, 3rd time, the worst yet, i took too big of a dose (shroom), and it was just plain weird, i totally lost contact with reality, like i couldnt tell whats real and whats a dream and i kind blacked out and was brought to the hospital... i remember during the peak that i had some realizations but because i overshot it, i dont remember much...

what do you recommend in this situation? do you see some obvious mistakes in the way i am proceeding?

Sounds like you still haven't found the right sweet spot.

Some substances are better/easier than others. Mushrooms can be twisted and hard to understand. Ayahausca can be overwhemling and very uncomfortable for newbies.

What I recommend is tightening up your protocols and tripping in a very controlled manner.

You could try the following routes:

• 1g of mushrooms >> 2g of mushrooms >> 3g of mushrooms >> until you hit your sweet spot
  • 75ug of LSD >> 125ug of LSD >> 200ug of LSD >> 250ug of LSD >> until you hit your sweet spot

This must be done in a good comfortable quiet setting, free of distractions, free of people, and other nonsense. You must do it on an empty stomach and you must sit still and contemplate about the nature of reality with your eyes open. Your intention must be pure & serious.

If you did all that, I don't see how you wouldn't have some nice breakthroughs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@lostmedstudent  perhaps I can add on a bit here.

That sucks you ended up in the hospital. Careful with mushrooms, easy to overdo it with those.

It sounds to me like you might be trying too hard to get something from your trip. I might be reading between the lines too much, and it's also hard to articulate what I'm getting at, but see if you can relax a little bit and try to let it flow without too much specific expectations. It's good to plant some intentions or desires for what you want out of your trip, but also be able to let go of all that and let the trip unfold naturally and unhindered. If that resonates with you, great, if not, discard.

Also, 3 trips isn't that much really. It can take a while just to get used to the whole thing and learn how to navigate that headspace.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

can you bad trip with 1g shroom, let's say, for the most sensitive fragile minds

and any significant difference between eyes closed/ opened

Edited by oMarcos

4 minutes ago, oMarcos said:

can you bad trip with 1g shroom, let's say, for the most sensitive fragile minds

Sure

You could give yourself a panic attack without even taking psychedelics. It all depends on how your use your mind.

To trip well you need to be relatively emotionally even-keeled. If your emotions and mind are all over the place, if your life is mess, you're not stable enough to trip, the ego is too fragile and insecure. You need more basic personal development work first in that case.

Tripping requires maturity and self-control.

@Leo Gura I guess I am just to intellectual to let myself go on my current stage. Even when I smoke a simple hash sold by some teen kids, my intellect just goes on fire and cool insights arise, even though I'm practicing meditation, seems like the experience is always coming for the intellect sake and nothing else.

@Leo Gura Do you think that some mind-bodies naturally resonate with psychedelics more than others? My mind-body was in full resonance from the beginning and that guy in the video is resonating with elf beings on low doses.  Yet, some mind-bodies are more like “meh, that was a waste of time and effort”. 

It seems like most people could benefit from a few trips, yet I wonder if some people have natural traits and resonate 20x better with psychedelics.

@Leo Gura Thank you so much. i will try your recommended doses. i dont have LSD at the moment, i have AL-LAD, would the starting dose be the same? half a blotter (i thinnk 75microg too)

i will take them more seriously next time. i wouldve avoided the hospital trip if i did it alone. i thought i was able to handle it without disturbing my roomates.. 

@outlandish thanks! yeah my intentions were clear: i wrote down 2 questions i wanted to explore in the trip. then what ended up happening was the high hit me faster than i had expected, so i kind of felt sick and just wanted to curl up in a ball in my bed, which i did. then what happened was just a bunch of weird stuff , wasnt sure if i was asleep or awake, and even when i got ot the hospital, i still thought i was in a dream.....

27 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Leo Gura Do you think that some mind-bodies naturally resonate with psychedelics more than others? My mind-body was in full resonance from the beginning and that guy in the video is resonating with elf beings on low doses.  Yet, some mind-bodies are more like “meh, that was a waste of time and effort”. 

It seems like most people could benefit from a few trips, yet I wonder if some people have natural traits and resonate 20x better with psychedelics.

Yeah I wonder the same. I think you're probably right that some people just resonate with it better.

48 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yes, of course. Haven't we stated this already?

"Psychedelics don't work on stupid people." -- Terence McKenna ;)

22 minutes ago, lostmedstudent said:

@Leo Gura i dont have LSD at the moment, i have AL-LAD, would the starting dose be the same? half a blotter (i thinnk 75microg too)

Yeah, about the same.

16 hours ago, lostmedstudent said:

i dont have LSD at the moment, i have AL-LAD, would the starting dose be the same? half a blotter (i thinnk 75microg too)

Most people find AL-LAD to be less potent that LSD. I find it to be about 2/3 to 1/2 the potency of LSD, so 75ug of AL-LAD would be comparable to something like 40-50ug of LSD. That would fine as a light introductory dose, if you're looking for a more full trip go with 150ug IMO.

@outlandish okay thanks :) 

honestly after stirring up the incident in my apartment that i share with other people (students, not my friends) and a trip to the emergency where my colleagues work... i think i will start slow and take it more seriously in terms of setting / environment. 

dont know much about DMT or use it but @Leo Gura

you know anything about this slow drip DMT Trip lasting for hours?

5-Meo-DMT and nn-DMT is stuff with hell of a potential.

We seriously need some highly enlightened masters to test it out and speak about it publicly.

Just imagine Rupert Spira, Adyashanti, Mooji, Sadghuru etc. giving this a shot and seriously considering the consequences of these substances. It's basically yoga in a pill.

Imagine retreats where you do 5-MeO for a couple of days (weeks) and are guided by some serious non-dualist. He/She helps you ground the experience right after the trip. This would wake up almost anyone, I think.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Most people would not be able to handle days or weeks of 5-MeO. Remember that I only did that after YEARS of prep, and it was not easy. Don't try that at home. You'll have a psychic breakdown.

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Most people would not be able to handle days or weeks of 5-MeO. Remember that I only did that after YEARS of prep, and it was not easy. Don't try that at home. You have a psychic breakdown.

Is the "don't try it at home" advice for those without years of experience? 

I have some free time coming up in May and I am considering doing a seven day at-home retreat in which I do a moderate amount of 5-meo once per day (about the equivalent of 15-20mg plugged). In combination with meditation, yoga, contemplation, journaling and a nonduality-related video. 

I've never done consecutive days like this, so I'm thinking of starting moderate. I'm not sure if there would be a cumulative effect of moderate doses. I could always reduce or discontinue the 5-meo.

What do you think of this idea?

@Serotoninluv You can probably handle it.

Each trip will go deeper and deeper, and wider and wider. There will certainly be significant cumulative effects.

With this method you're cramming years of spiritual growth into a single week. So be prepared for some ego-backlash and unexpected stuff. In a sense it must disrupt your old life. This can be both great and problematic when you return.

I highly recommend it for very serious, seasoned spiritual aspirants with a very solid theoretical and practical foundation, and high emotional maturity. Not for newbies.

Don't be too surprised if this kind of work makes your depressive or even suicidal for a while. You need to be stable enough to weather such storms. The payoffs though are HUGE.

To handle a solid week of 5-MeO requires pushing yourself. The ego will want to stop somewhere half-way through as it gets overwhelmed with Truth.

I plan to do a breakthrough dose like once a day for a while, once I get off fucking SSRI's. For me, low-moderate doses are very hedonistic and not challenging at all, but once I get past a certain dosage, even 3mg makes an insane difference, like I took a different drug. I always get great love filled afterglow after 5-MeO.

BTW Is it worth it to try 5-MeO while being on SSRI's? Or would it be a waste of a substance?

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Enlightenment You are playing with fire and could kill yourself. 5-MeO is no joke.

If you are on SSRI's you have no business taking 5-MeO back to back or even at all.