Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

I had an extremely bad trip on 5-MeO once after trying to snort 30 mg, it was intense, and too much distractions (nose, throat drips) to focus on what's being shown to you :)

@GabeN I tried snorting only once, and that nothing compared to smoking it. Yes the come up is like being hit by a train going 500 miles per hour, but that is exactly the point - to overpower the mind, and the ego - and there you have a choice, to surrender or resist. Because of this, with smoking - the level of consciousness that you experience is infinitely higher. 

@GabeN After snorting you need to lay down with your nose down for ~15 minutes until it starts working. This way throat drip is almost non existent

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Plugging is still extremely powerful. And you can increase the dose to the point of whiting out. So lack of intensity is not a problem.

It's just more gentle and longer-lasting.

That gentleness is very good. You don't want to freak yourself out or overload your system. It's also easier to keep your eyes open.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I hear a lot about how with smoking you need a sitter. Do you need a sitter with plugging? And is whiting out a good thing? Like, do you know that you have broken through if you whited out? Or is whiting out a sign that you did too much...

Edited by nowimhere

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

14 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

@GabeN After snorting you need to lay down with your nose down for ~15 minutes until it starts working. This way throat drip is almost non existent

@Enlightenment Agreed! I need at least 5 min to lay upside down while rubbing my nose. The throat burn doesnt occur even on higher doses of 30mg. At 5 min it gets way too intense so i need to lay down on my back. 

@Ellenier Can you please give explain in more detail how to convert freebase to HCl? Which type of concentrated vinegar, dilution, how to mix them etc?

Really interested in doing that too.

Edited by axwell

7 hours ago, nowimhere said:

And is whiting out a good thing? Like, do you know that you have broken through if you whited out? Or is whiting out a sign that you did too much...

As I understood it, you want to find a dose where you breakthrough but don't white-out. The white-out virtually leaves you with no idea of what happened. You want to take home what you experience to be able to integrate it.

@axwell Okay, so with using vinegar you DONT produce HCl!!! You can make a salt out of the freebase that is called acetate. The acetate can be used for the same purposes the HCl salt is good for: Snorting or plugging. 

1. First of all you want to know how much HCl equivalent acetate you need. That goes like Freebase [g] x 1,167 = HCl equivalent mass [g]. So for instance if you want to plug 15mg of HCl and all you have is the freebase you use that equation above with a little algebra like: 15mg / 1,167 = 12,85mg. Which means you need ~13mg of freebase converted into a salt to produce "the same" effects as if you directly plug 15mg of HCl because the freebase molecules are not as heavy as the HCl ones.

2. It doesnt matter at all that you dont produce HCl with this reaction for the equation to still be right. But: Of course the Acetate will be even heavier than the freebase and the HCl: Freebase x 1,167 = HCl and Freebase x 1,27 = Acetate. So dont be surprised that you might end up with almost 16,3mg of 5-Meo-DMT-Acetate when you just wanted to plug 15mg of HCl and even used 13mg of freebase. It is the same amount of molecules and hence equals the same dosage.

3. You put the amount of the substance that you weighed out on a spoon and fill a needleless syringe with less than 1ml of vinegar (25% acetic acid; it is called "Essig Essenz" here in Germany and is used to clean pipes or old coins or whatever... Im sure you can buy it in every supermarket)

4. Five to ten drops of vinegar should be enough. You have to drop them onto the substance on the spoon. The substance should solve in the same way as the HCl usually solves in water. If you have a clear and transparent solution, ideally all the freebase molecules have successfully reacted with the acid in the vinegar and now have formed 5-MeO-DMT-Acetate

5. You dont have to worry that the excess acid might damage your butt because you just used 10 drops of it. And you dont really need to calculate the needed volume of acetic acid with any stochiometry. I mean you can but that is rather an issue if you want to snort it

6. You clean the syringe you had just used the vinegar with. Now fill it with about 1ml of water which you can put onto the spoon with the 5-MeO-DMT-Acetate you just made. 

7. Stir well and soak the whole solution up the syringe and it is ready for plugging.

(8. I havent tried it personally, but you should also be able to let the excess water evaporate if you want to snort it. Then you should of course skip step 6 and use the vinegar very sparingly...)

Hope this will help you ;)

Edited by Ellenier

@Ellenier Perfect, thanks so much. This thread is gold. Would this method also work with 5-MeO-DMT Oxalate?

@axwell ...if you can find some oxalic acid anywhere, then yes. You should make a liquid out of it.

@Ellenier Thanks for the info.

I have been trying to get my hands on some 5-MeO as of lately.

Most of it is freebase and I ain't smoking it. So this will come in handy....

Funny how the man's butthole opens up all new worlds. *Hide* *ouuuuuuush* *weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh*

@Ellenier Just tried dropping 7-8 drops of 15% acetic acid on 20mg of freebase, but it just won't dissolve. Anything I could've done wrong?

@axwell is it from a bottle? is it for consumption use? maybe you need more drops since it is less concentrated

@Ellenier Yeah from a 1L bottle intended for cleaning surfaces. I'll try using a more concentrated one if I can't get my hands on actual HCl.

Edited by axwell

@axwell Be careful! You need an acid that is riskless for consumption or at least without any impurities/additional substances that are being used for cleaning purposes! 

If you're not OK with plugging, will you really be OK with 5-MeO?

... :)

First off, I would like to publicly flog myself. 

About a month or so back, I created another account here on the forum. This current handle is my original account, but I wanted the new account to have the same email as the one I used when I bought Leo's book list. Anyways, didn't know it was against the rules (to create two accounts) cause I didn't actually READ the rules (whoops, don't do that, please take time to read the rules) Anyways, I violated another rule and got my other account banned (davidomni) then  I read the rules. Really sorry about that. Won't happen again !  @Leo Gura please accept my apology. I value this community so much. And I just want to be honest in every aspect of my life moving forward. 

Now, with that out of the way.

I did my second 5 MEO Trip on Friday. This time, I smoked 12mgs. And tried to keep my eyes open. My sitter said I had then open for the first thirty seconds then switched between opening and closing them. Odd thing is, I don't remember closing them at all , I actually thought I had them open the entire time. But lets just say I went "there" again. And this time it was more intense than ever. I can definitely see the validity of Leo saying that there is INFINITE levels of "enlightenment" . I remember after my first trip I said "Wow... If THAT was level one... Then HOL LY SHIT ! " Well, what I had this time, (if I can define it at all) would be level two. Way way wayyy more intense than the first time. I would call it "stage two" or "level two" Coming out, the "visuals" were way more "integrated" than the first time. And this time, instead of saying "wow" for five minutes straight (with the biggest shit eating grin on my face.) Via the influence of Martin Balls - Entheogenic Liberation.. I didn't say a word for probably 5 minutes, instead, I just laughed. Shit eating grin and all. And this time again, there was absolutely zero resistance from my ego. I didn't even move, grunt or shout. All I did was laugh when I "came out" of it. 

My meditation sessions have definitely gotten deeper. Haven't done any other psychedelics yet, but am prepared for the 5 MEO integration of them. Actually looking forward to it. 

I ordered some "pickling vinegar" @ 24% acidity and also have some 1 ml oral syringes cause I definitely want to try plugging. Just have to wait for the vinegar to arrive. After that, I plan on going on a 24 hour silent meditation retreat in the mountains (you can reserve a cabin for just you, where no one will bother you) and plan on plugging there. 

I am so happy to be on this journey. 

Still have a question regarding plugging... Is it possible to purge with it? Or have any of you experienced purging with plugging and breaking through? Also, since Leo has openly talked about doing his trips alone (plugging & snorting) I'd assume it's safe to plug by yourself?

Thank you so much. Much love ! 

Edited by nowimhere

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

20 minutes ago, nowimhere said:

Is it possible to purge with it?

Yes. When the nonduality and consciousness of God gets really intense it will literally make you feel sick to your stomach. Although I've never actually had to follow through with it. But if there was food in my stomach I would have probably vomited.

Sometimes you feel like vomitting simply by realizing how full of bullshit your entire understanding of reality is.

I have never run into problems tripping solo. That's with around 30-40 trips. But I am very careful when I trip. Solo tripping is ideal if you are responsible and careful. Bad trips will happen, but you just tough them out, letting them beat you up a bit, reminding yourself that this is how growing is done.

Ideally you become your own shaman/guru without needing a Mommy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

it makes you sick to the stomach because it's such an overwhelming and infinite experience, i felt like that wen i did my first trip!