Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Schahin said:

Also @Leo Gura I heard you say somewhere, that this life is just a meaningless dream and once you had a super high dosage of 5 Meo DMT you even forgot how you could come up with the idea of living a human life anyway. If thats it then also those old Tibetan Monks or anyone/anything from past history, which we have not seen, did probably not exist and is only made up from this dream?

Because if they existed, then this dream has been going on for millions of years continously having experienced so many different lifeforms since the first cell, and that would not be meaningless then and also if it has been going on for millions of years then probably we experience this dream againn in another ego and that is there comes up the question in what ego and where on this planet are we going to experience it again?

And if there are infinite amount of other dreams, then what determines in which one our special feeling ego is going to appear again, which factors? There is no ego? But there must be because I am experiencing one, what happens after death is mysterious, hopefully I'll find out having a beautiful 5 Meo DMT experience too, but for now I am curious and hope this sparks a healthy conversation here

This is too deep a topic to get into here. If you want to discuss that, start a new thread about it.

For now what I'll say it this: you can spend decades reading various scriptures and various claims by monks and yogis. But all of it will be hearsay and you will have no clue if what they are saying is true or not. You must ground this work in your own direct experience. Are there aliens? Are there past lives? Is there karma? Is there an escape from rebirth? Is there a God? Are there angels? -- the truth is you don't know until such time you are directly experiencing it. So rather than speculating about this stuff, invest your time having direct experience of the things you speak of.

Try this rule on for the next week: Do not speak of anything you have not directly experienced. Have you experienced a kangaroo? Then don't speak of it. Have you experienced being gay? Then don't speak of it. Have you experienced outer space? Then don't speak of it. Notice how this one rule cuts out a lot of bullshit from your mind. This is called being grounded. You must constantly reground yourself in this work because the tendency is to float off into metaphysical speculations, and then even worse, debate over those metaphysical speculations.

If you really wish to honor the monks and yogis of the past then devote more time to meditation, contemplation, yoga, and psychedelics. That is the only way to validate the things they said.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Do not prune this thread as doing so will likely break stuff in horrible ways. Just stay on topic here.

:(

What would be the ancient 5meodmt equivalent?

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

I had my first 5-MEO experience today (ca. 11mg vaped) and it was... I dont. All it did was make me really confused. Like I didnt really know what to do with this state of mind. Maybe my ego wasnt really ready to let go. Anyone had similar experiences?

@kiwua, it can be confusing sometimes, for some people. You're not explaining much though.. Try again?

@zikzak Okay I will try to explain further. At first it felt like I was run over by a train, extremly fast and very intense. I think I had a glimpse of what ego death on 5-MEO means because it literally felt like I might be dying. I knew that this had to be expected so I remained calm and didnt freak out. Somehow I didnt break through though and was lying in my bed with my whole body vibrating very intensely. My breathing must have been very intense also. But then this was pretty much it. I was in a very tripped out state of mind, but nothing profound happend. The whole 20 minutes after were just like "Okay this is state is very weird, now what? What do I do with this?" I tried to let go and not analyse the experience while it was still happening but without success. It was all in all just very strange.

As a sidenote I'm somewhat experienced with other psychedelics like LSD and Psylocibin.

I read somewhere that sub-breakthrough doses can often result in "bad" experiences (even though I wouldnt really label it as bad). Is this true?

Edited by kiwua

@kiwua You need a bigger dose

Take some more and do nothing

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

There's absolutely no real way of telling what the effects will be, it's very unpredictable.. kind of what makes this whole thing so special, but the good God is real, and thus whether you experience low doses or high doses, good or bad trips, they can all be respected and gained good from... but also don't overdo it and integrate

A quick 5-MeO-DMT trip report:

8mg intranasal

Was feeling the pull to reconnect with 5-MeO-DMT for a few days now. Took this pretty, pretty late in the eve after everything had quietened down. I expected it to be a very light dose, but it turned out to be more than sufficient, and the perfect dose for this moment in my life.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm so freaking old (compared to most on here apparently anyways), or if it's cause I've tripped so much psychedelics in my life, or if I'm just plain sensitive, but this was a very powerful, sub-breakthrough trip.

Mind slowed all the way down, allowing a perfect bridge between my subconscious, heart and conscious mind. Monkey mind was basically shut off, allowing long periods of near-perfect stillness, advanced meditation.

Near the beginning of the trip, a pretty big problem that I hadn't been consciously aware of became salient. I didn't probe it, but after a long period of peace and silence the solution bubbled up spontaneously.

This trip was filled with a joy. Spent most of it very still, huge smile pouring joy out of my face. I think they got the names wrong and that 5-MeO-DMT is the real Ecstasy.

This trip felt akin to the captain/navigator going on deck in the night with the wind filled in the sails, taking readings of the stars and correcting the course, while the crew and passengers slept soundly below.

I happened to have a heart rate monitor, and my HR was very low the whole time, at around 48-50bpm. This is reflective of the deep peace that I experienced on the trip.

Part of the purpose of writing this report was to show that you don't need to hit yourself over the hammer with a massive breakthrough dose all the time. There's a lot of talk of the larger end of the dose spectrum on here, and there's definitely a place for that, but I just wanted to draw attention to the fact that the lower end of the dose spectrum can be very valuable as well. For me personally, 8mg was plenty powerful. Everyone's different, and every moment of your life will be different. 

5-MeO-DMT is amazing material.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Hello community,

I have a rather delicate question, maybe someone here has some information about it.CI appreciate any insight that I can  take with me.

I'd like to know if 5Meo DMT could cure mushroom induced delusions/schizophrenia?

My brother has passed through a very traumatic and sad life taking psychiatric  medications since his teens due to a misdiagnosis by some bad doctors and following abuse and trauma through the psychiatric system for more than a decade including being left alone and uncared after heavy mistreatments.

Recently he ate a large mushroom dose rather by accident lonely and all by himself and passed a very very bad trip in his room and now has a real mental chaos/illness developed, having passed through all his past trauma, he started developing illusions of having lost his family (he thinks we  were kidnapped and killed and thinking the neighbour who he is jealous on, manipulated the elevator and so on. Also he now hears voices constantly (mainly he thinks it's the neighbour talking to him through thoughts).

His mental illness is also constantly triggered by severe negative thinking, thinking of people as bad who tried to humiliate him. He talks about wanting to know that  God cares about him in order to become better.

So anybody here may have valuable information, if 5 Meo could cure something like this by restoring the true nature and burning away past trauma which maybe led to this illness/complication?

I have heard from a Mexican shaman who is medical at the same time, that he treated patients with severe medications and drug usage,and I think also schizophrenics, with the toad medicine and had positive results, but that it was used as a constant treatment.

But I also hear about bad trips, maybe the toad medicine and 5 Meo also have some difference as being used as "medicine", I'd think the toad secrete is more natural in order to be considered a medicine, but I have no idea, as I said, I appreciate all information

Edited by Schahin

I wouldn't touch 5meo with a stick being in the middle of dealing with trauma and illusions.

What worked for me when I was psychotic in my beginning years was just time for rest and actually advaita, mooji, did get me out of it. But yeah, I also really wouldn't advice psy's for already unstable individuals.

I'll echo what @zikzak said: it wouldn't be a good idea to try to cure your bro's delusions/trauma with 5-MeO-DMT. It would be at least as likely to exacerbate the issues as help them.

Sonoran Toad secretions' effects are primarily due to 5-MeO-DMT, however there are other compounds present as well that probably affect it. A more significant difference is all of the set and setting that comes along with vapourizing a toad secretion alongside a guide or facilitator, usually in a very special prepared place, usually involving some kind of journey to get there.

If there were a chance of this kind of thing being helpful, it would be with the help and guidance of a very experienced practitioner. Still risky and I'd just give your brother a lot of love and assurance.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Okay thanks again for the information.

I asked because I thought it would be quite a straightforward experience, making you realize that all your pain is just illusion and there is nothing to worry about.

Most mental illnesses are caused by trauma and I had the idea that the toad medicine would burn that trauma away very straightforwardly giving you a unique universal loving experience. As the toad medicine also helps lots of people getting rid of very nasty addictions and depression.

My brother is stuck in longing for gods help, but hasn't got an  idea where to begin with it, he keeps praying and changes between becoming christian and not believing at all, changing between believing that there is something that cares and that there isn't anything.

What would you guys think would be the downside of experiencing the Bufo/5 Meo Dmt experience? I hear there is not even an option of resistance towards the medicine as it forces you to face your true nature no matter how much you try to resist?

Also would you think there are more bad trips on the synthetic version as for the natural one?

Edited by Schahin

5meo is nothing to play with when dealing with trauma. 5meo can be traumatic for some people in itself. And some people are not forced to see their true nature at all they just get a really hard experience. Some suffer a lot months after and need counseling etc, a few people suffer even longer than that. Your intention is good but 5meo can be a risky substance. Your brother is much better off integrating into normal reality, build up a healthy day to day life.

Natural and synth is essentialy the same.

Oh ok I see it is very powerful, thanks for all the answers guys

What do you guys think about Ayahuasca rituals? Must be very different from Bufo, I really like it alot

@FredFred

@Schahin Ayahuasca and 5-MeO-DMT are totally different things. Ayahuasca contains regular NN-DMT while 5-MeO contains, well, 5-MeO.

At very high dosages regular NN-DMT can induce quite a strong ego-death experience tho, so the two substances meet up on that level.

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

What are the range of prices for 100mg in your areas guys? mine is around 170$ which isn't cheap but i guess it's pretty rare anyway?

2 minutes ago, GabeN said:

What are the range of prices for 100mg in your areas guys? mine is around 170$ which isn't cheap but i guess it's pretty rare anyway?

That's crazy expensive. The area you are looking for is the internet ;)

A new roa I’ve been working on is vaping freebase at 428 degrees. Thus is an efficient low temperature, yet such a small amount is needed the inefficiency is not an issue for me. 

The adavantage is one can manage the experience. It’s like having a volume dial from 1-10 and you can change the volume in real time. The effects of vaping at this temp is so fast one can manage the intensity, as if each inhale raises the volume by 1 unit. I went into zones with vaping to plugging. 

I think there is value in plugging and surrendering and breaking through to whatever happens. Yet I think there are also positives with vaping at low temp. No more worrying about dosage, no more missing the mark too high or too low, no scale needed. The technique could not be any simpler. I have no more anxiety in the sub ego death zone with this roa. In this zone I think the personality construct is much better observed and deconstructed since anxiety and struggle is greatly reduced. The aspect of possessiveness was removed ime.

It is perhaps the gentlest post-egoic experiences I’ve had on any psychedelic. As well, I went into n and out of various intensity zones for about an 45 min - twice the length of a standard trip. There is also time management - one can trip for 2-45 min. however they please.