Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, MrBabar said:

So my question is,  since we experienced a blackout during peak experience is it because we smocked too much? If you think so, what would be the right amount for next time if we plugged or smoked it?

Or is it because we were not ready to handle the substance?

You smoked too much. Good news is you probably have really good vaping technique and didn't let any go to waste. Try 10-12mg next time for vaping. I don't know how that translates to plugging, if you try that ROA you should start low and work your way up over a few sessions.

15 hours ago, MrBabar said:

I did 5 meo because I wanted to better understand non-duality in order to see reality as it really is.

Is that a legitimate intention?

It's a legitimate intention, but I feel a strong intention can get in the way of the experience if it becomes an expectation. Try to keep it a soft intention, put expectations aside and surrender to the experience. Try to let yourself sink to the bottom of it, no resistance.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Notice for anyone wanting to buy 5-MeO Oxalate : having a high precision mg scale is IMPERATIVE.

The oxalate form seems to have a much higher molecular weight. While 30 mg of HCL will fit nicely beside a coin, 30 mg of oxalate only looks like a 5-10 grains of sand...

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

8 hours ago, SoonHei said:

@Leo Gura when the absolute is seen during 5meo

Is that still considered the glimpse?

There are many degrees of glimpsing and many facets to glimpse.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

So my first ever batch of 5-MeO arrived today, 200mg of HCl.

I have experience with LSD (50ug-450ug) and 2C-B(20mg-40mg). High dose trips always get hairy at some point, but I never freaked out, even tripping alone on 300ug in the woods. I forgot who I was, what's my name and how I look like a few times, even started thinking in thick Chinese accent on a high dose 2C-B trip. But none of this comes close to dying and I was never scared during my mindfucks. I would say I even saw God, but my ego never completely dissolved and I didn't become IT. Anyway, if someone can tell me how does a high dose acid trip compare to 5-meo in terms of intensity I'd like to know.

I plan on introducing myself with 10mg insufflated, then 20mg, then 30mg. Then when I find by breakthrough dose I'll do it once a month or something. I'm actually scared to do it rectally because the syringes I can get at my local pharmacy are too thick lol. As long as my nose doesn't burn like on 2C-B I'm good because that shit felt like breathing inside a volcano. I would do the trips lying down on a queen sized bed that I don't usually sleep on. Also I would eat a banana or something before a trip so in case of a purge I don't just spit acid. Sounds good?

Some general questions I have:

• Day trip or night trip? (I usually like night trips better because it's more silent)
  • Music or no music?
  • How does 5-MeO treat shy people?
  • Does it change you as a person?
  • Will my 2C-B and LSD trips be more intense after 5-MeO?
  • I use binaural beats regularly, will the effects be more intense after 5-MeO?
  • How does it affect concentration and meditation practices?
  • How does it affect creativity (imagination) and visualization practices?                                 

“Man’s faith in God is measured by his confidence in himself... Your faith in God is measured by your confidence in yourself, because your true self is God.”  - Neville Goddard

I like day better because I have more energy. But most of your questions will probably be very personal in preference. Usually though for most people other psychedelics become more intense after 5meo. I had one toke on a joint post 5meo (I don't usually smoke pot) and I was instantly reminded in a very practical sense of the 5meo space.

4 hours ago, Antonius said:

Anyway, if someone can tell me how does a high dose acid trip compare to 5-meo in terms of intensity I'd like to know.                         

It's a bit of an apples and oranges thing. A 20mg 5-MeO-DMT insuf. for me is much more powerful than an high dose (400µg for comparison, my highest dose I think) acid trip. But because it's so short-acting in comparison, it's also not as intense in that way. It's always astounding how much can happen in such a short time. There are a lot of differences in the subjective effects between the two, so again hard to compare. 

I plan on introducing myself with 10mg insufflated, then 20mg, then 30mg. Then when I find by breakthrough dose I'll do it once a month or something. I'm actually scared to do it rectally because the syringes I can get at my local pharmacy are too thick lol.

Those sound like pretty big jumps to me. Going from 10mg to 20mg is a huge difference, and 20mg to 30mg might be the difference between a breakthrough and blacking out - depending on your sensitivity to the substance. Can I suggest: 12mg, 16mg, 20mg, 24mg? Something more along those lines. You can probably find smaller syringes over the counter or online if you did want to do it rectally. I think you bump the dose up a tiny bit (10% ish) for rectal, but unsure how it compares nasal vs rectal. 

Some general questions I have:                                

• I've always done it at night, but day would be cool too.
  • I love music while I'm tripping but I feel for 5-MeO-DMT perfect silence is preferable. YMMV
  • I don't think it matters if you're shy or not, seems irrelevant to me
  • I can only speak from my personal experience, can't say if it will change you. It's weird because I don't think it's changed anything in my personality or how I present to the world, but at the same time it's changed everything on a profound level.
  • I don't know
  • I don't know 
  • Again can only speak for myself, but it helped my meditation and concentration practice tremendously
  • I don't think it had much impact on my creativity and visualization

46 minutes ago, outlandish said:

Those sound like pretty big jumps to me. Going from 10mg to 20mg is a huge difference, and 20mg to 30mg might be the difference between a breakthrough and blacking out - depending on your sensitivity to the substance. Can I suggest: 12mg, 16mg, 20mg, 24mg? Something more along those lines.

I don't think I can measure such accurate doses, but I could try to go for 5mg increments instead, so 10, 15, 20... That would still be ballpark doses. 

Thank you for your answers and it's very interesting how you describe it. From other psychedelics I always get insights into self-image and it's easier to change it after trips because I'm more aware how my conception of myself creates my circumstances. It sounds like 5-MeO is just a radical increase in consciousness that isn't at all focused on the "self". 

“Man’s faith in God is measured by his confidence in himself... Your faith in God is measured by your confidence in yourself, because your true self is God.”  - Neville Goddard

@Antonius 5mg increments sounds good too. If you're going to be experimenting with 5-MeO-DMT in the long term, you might want to think about investing in a quality scale like this American Weigh GeminiPRO - if you're careful with your technique you can take extremely accurate measurements with this scale and others in that quality range.

Yeah you summed it up there pretty well there. I've definitely had personal, more grounded insights on 5-MeO-DMT that affected how I interact with the world, but on the whole, you've got the general pattern there: it dives straight into consciousness, nonduality pretty readily.

@Antonius I have some suggestions for getting more accurate measurements:

• Get a 0.001g (1mg) resolution scale, you can find on Amazon for about 30$.
  • Choose a leveled steady surface and calibrate the scale. Don't move the scale after calibration.
  • Measure the whole 5-MeO bag before putting your dose onto the plastic container. Record an average of 5 readings.
  • Measure the plastic container without the substance in it. Record an average of 5 readings.
  • Use the button on the scale (TARE)  to subtract the weight of the plastic container. Put your desired dose onto the plastic container that's on the scale and measure.
  • Remove the plastic container and click the TARE button again to bring the scale to 0.000. 
  • Measure again the plastic container, now with the substance in it. Record an average of 5 readings.
  • Measure again the whole 5-MeO bag, now without the dose you removed. Record the average.
  • Finally, subtract the recorded full 5-MeO bag before and after. Then, subtract the plastic plate after and before. Then take the average of 2 numbers. This will be very close to the actual dose you are taking.

Example:

• Full 5-MeO bag with the dose: 0.234g
  • Full 5-MeO bag without the dose: 0.201g
  • Difference = 0.234 - 0.201 = 33mg
  • Container before dose = 1.902g
  • Container after dose = 1.937g
  • Difference = 1.937g - 1.902g = 35mg
  • Final dose = (33 + 35) / 2 = 34mg

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

I finally got my first 5-Meo. To my surprise it was a very fine powder. In Leo's plugging video, he said that the milligram scoop was more accurate than a milligram scale, as they can't accurately measure amounts that small. But, with the powder being so fine, the amount in the scoop could be double what it would be if the 5-Meo was more salt granulated like in Leo's video. So I could be taking closer to 20 milligrams when I want to be taking 10 milligrams for my first trip. Any experienced advice on this?  

Edited by Jed Vassallo

It will only be accurate to use the scoop method if you also have a scale to find what the scoop contains..

@Jed Vassallo unfortunately the scoops aren't calibrated specifically to 5-Meo-DMT, and densities between batches of 5-MeO-DMT can vary. The scoops can probably deliver fairly consistent doses from one scoop to the next, but unless you calibrate them with a scale, you don't really know how much you're getting in absolute terms.

If you don't have access to a scale and don't want to buy one, I think your best bet would be to start with the "5mg" scoop say, see how it feels, and scale up on subsequent excursions accordingly. Be careful when reporting your doses because your "10mg" scooped dose won't actually be 10mg.

Better yet, spend the $100 or so on a decent scale.

8 minutes ago, zikzak said:

A gemini 20 will do the job fine..

Word. That scale seems to get a lot of love, and is really affordable too <$30 or so?

Does anybody have some reliable dosages for plugging? I couldn't find a single source on the internet. I'm sure Leo said it either in a video or on the forum.

Edited by DnoReally

47 minutes ago, DnoReally said:

Does anybody have some reliable dosages for plugging? I couldn't find a single source on the internet. I'm sure Leo said it either in a video or on the forum.

I started at 15mg and worked my way up to 32mg

15mg is a small dose
20mg is a decent dose
25mg is a heavy dose
30mg is a monster dose

At least for me. Tolerance varies person to person.

Be very cautious with anything above 25mg. The mindfuck can become almost unbearable.

@Leo Gura Do you still trip on 5-MeO regularly? What's are the trips like after using the substance a whole lot of time?

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

@FredFred Not for about 6 months.

Any psychedelic is 5-MeO-like to me now.

2 grams of mushrooms feels like 50% 5-MeO, 50% mushrooms.

Basically a small dose of any substance tips me over the edge into full nondual God consciousness.

@Leo Gura Good to hear, I bet once you are permanently awake a psychedelic like LSD will only give you the visual effects.

I remember reading about eckhart tolles LSD experience and that it wasnt a big deal to him because it just intensifie the colors and sense perceptions, or that story about that one enlightened master that allegedly didnt feel anything on a big LSD dose. I think by that point you will only get the sense perceptions of psychedelics because the inner transformation is already done.

its also a good indicator that you are on the right track with the states you get in psychedelics.

Edited by MM1988