Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

If 450ug of LSD doesn't work on you, you've either got fake, watered-dose LSD, or you have a pretty high tolerance. I wouldn't be able to walk on 450ug.

The vendor is trusted and his LSD is known to be pure and clean. I gave a friend of mine a tab of 120ug because he wanted to do it recreationally and he tripped balls. He told me he was in real life WW2 for quite a bit lol. I actually had 480ug (4 tabs) and my tolerance was at baseline (I leave 2 weeks between trips). Aside from the peak which lasted for an hour and wasn't really deep, I was functioning properly.

I was a little disappointed because I just wasn't experiencing the profound stuff people talk about in trip reports and I never considered that I might have natural tolerance to LSD. I didn't even know that's a thing.

I was however surprised by how deep a 2.5-2.7g of mushrooms (I didnt drink the whole 3g tea) got me. It was extremely similar to the way you described it in you mushroop trip video Leo, with the trances and the unconditional love for pretty much everything. At the time, I concluded that LSD was just not a good psychedelic for spiritual use. I guess I'm wrong.

@MsNobody Really interesting, I had 30mg rectally though, iirc it takes less substance to breakthough that way so you might breakthough at 30mg snorting. Maybe for us it'd work better when smoked. I wont be trying that in the near future though because I still have lots of HCL but if you do please send a message about the results. I'll do the same.

This is really interesting, I didn't know natural tolerance to psychedelics exist even though I read a lot about them. Goes to show you how little scientific research we have on such powerful and perhaps world changing substances.

12 minutes ago, Isaac Ben said:

I never considered that I might have natural tolerance to LSD. I didn't even know that's a thing.

It's definitely a thing. We've had folks on this forum reporting natural tolerances, like you. And folks on Reddit report tolerance too.

At the time, I concluded that LSD was just not a good psychedelic for spiritual use. I guess I'm wrong.

LSD is an awesome psychedelic. I find it second-best to 5-MeO. I've had really deep states of nonduality on just 125ug.

You are missing out.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

38 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

LSD is an awesome psychedelic. I find it second-best to 5-MeO. I've had really deep states of nonduality on just 125ug.

You are missing out.

Wow, I never thought it was that important since you didn't post a trip report video and Iyoudidn't specifically talk about it that much in your channel (or maybe I missed it).

It's obviously not convenient for me to be building my way up to something like 700-800ug to have a decent trip so I don't think I'm gonna bother. But it'd be cool if I don't have natural tolerance to AL-LAD even though its chemical structure is too similar to LSD (LAD). Did you read about people having tolerance to one and not the other? 

@Leo Gura will you ever try MDMA, Ketamine or Weed to test out their spiritual potential? I guess someone who is as far gone as you could give a good estimation, would certainly interrest me what your take on these substances is.

Meditation on Amphetamine/Adderal, which would help keeping you hyper altert and focused, would be another unusual spiritual experiment that comes to mind. But that is very questionable.

What can be dismissed immediately in my opinion: deliriants, Benzos/Alcohol, hard stimulants, all opiates

Edited by MM1988

I disagree that memory loss makes gives less functionality per se.

If you flow in the moment, you can simply trust on the synchronicity, and know that what ever you need to know you can be inspired to know.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

So this one was on LSD. I was on LSD myself when I first watched this heh. I appreciate the authenticity and openness you demonstrated there btw.

I wonder what causes this pre-existing tolerance though. Does this have something to do with one or more serotonin receptors not functioning properly? Does my body contain microorganisms that put up resistance to such drugs? If so, can some antibiotics prevent such resistance? And what are the implications of this? Does this affect my chances of having awakening experiences and full enlightenment?

It's kind of a bummer though, I was pretty excited to start experimenting with all kinds of psychedelics out there and I love altered states of mind. I guess I'll have to be spending extra bucks for this endeavor :D

On 6/5/2018 at 4:02 PM, Isaac Ben said:

This is not a trip report, I just have a question but I need to describe the experience. Alright so I took 30mg rectally (on an empty stomach this morning after I woke up, and I made sure to empty my butt) but I still did not experience the merging with God / Consciousness expansion mindfucks, my ego was still there.

I laid down for on my stomach for 20 mins to make sure the solution fully absorbs. At the 9 min mark reality became wonky and it kept building up till the 20 mins mark where I finally turned around on my back, at that point saliva was pouring down my mouth and my heart was pounding like 300 beats/sec and I started shaking and moving my limbs uncontrollably and very violently (more violent than prior lower dose tips), I was still aware of myself, I was still there, overwhelmed by terror and fear but I made sure to be fully open. At the 30 min mark the violent shaking stopped but I was still tripping until about the 1 hour mark (Rolling on the dirty floor, laughing hard, singing and dancing... I felt just happy and free but still aware of myself and identified as the ego). Now, from what Leo and other users say, 25mg should be a breakthrough dose right? Does this mean that I wasn't ready for the experience (even though, I was totally open and convincing myself that I'm ready to actually die) or does this mean that the 5-MeO wasn't pure enough (I'll post a pic)? It looks kinda off-white and turns pinkish when mixed with water.

34371621_10215606402968901_3861754049594392576_n.jpg

You can lie on your back right after you have injected the substance no problem. Break through dosage can vary from person to person and not all people are able to break through even if dosage is dialed more in. And it will probably also fluctuate a bit from day to day depending on your state. Also there's no way for us to tell how pure your substance is. So all in all it's very hard to answer your questions precisely.. You might break through on 20 mg tomorrow or need 30 or more, only you will know..

On 6/4/2018 at 11:32 PM, john23 said:

Leo you mentioned a few days ago that you found something even better than 5-MeO-DMT is that another substance or kriya yoga? I don't remember you specify. 

Where is it mentioned? Or better yet what is it @Leo Gura? 5-MeO-MALT? Or a dissociative maybe?

2 hours ago, zikzak said:

You can lie on your back right after you have injected the substance no problem.

In my preceding 25mg 5-MeO trip, I laid on my stomach only for 5 mins before turning back and, for 20 mins, nothing happened except for hyper-salivation.
I then laid back on my stomach again and after a while, the weird and wonky reality feeling kicked in but it was too mild at that point, most of the substance was wasted.
I concluded that I needed to lie on my stomach for quite a while for the solution to get absorbed. Maybe it's different for you I don't know.

2 hours ago, zikzak said:

Break through dosage can vary from person to person and not all people are able to break through even if dosage is dialed more in..

Yes after doing some research, apparently some people can have a pre-existent tolerance to some or sometimes all psychedelics. It's just when watching Leo and other people and pages talking about psychedelics and the topic of natural tolerance was never specifically mentioned. I guess I need to be lurking in this forum more often. The information I'm finding here is really helpful.

I find this thread enlightening, even as a well dosed child of the 60's. There seems to be a general conception that we are all pretty much the same and  people tend to believe their own experiences are just how it is. Then they are puzzled that their trip is so different from others or maybe doesn't even work. I'm no different. It has taken me some years to finally figure out that regular DMT doesn't work as well with my brain. I did Ayahuasca in the Amazon 4 times over a couple week period and did get high but few visuals and certainly not what I hear about. The last trip was led by an indian shaman (the artist Pablo Amaringo) who certainly brought something more to the table, but still I wasn't in that magical world. Some years later I did some locally with people working a Brazilian tradition. I told the leader that I didn't get off that well in the past and on the second dose he gave me a rather large cup. The result was a tremendous sense of anxiety but I was still very much in the canyons of Los Angeles. I have also smoked DMT many times and I get a bit of a mushroom vibe but that's all. LSD I still love as I just melt into mystical love and light. Mushrooms are not so mystical and often there is anxious hell to pay coming on. 5MEO I am just trying. First about 5mg and I liked it. Then I tried 20 but with my inept smoking technique I think I got more like 10 or 12 but it is straight up and love love love. I am looking forward to 25mg but a sitter is in order and I haven't worked that out. Anyway you work with what you have. BTW I used to go for large dose LSD trips, tying to duplicate previous religious experiences but I eventually figured out that it isn't the size the matters lol. In fact if I get too high it is more difficult to bring value back. BTW I haven't given up on DMT and am considering exploring changa as it gets rave reviews and is supposedly easier to dose. And thanks so much Leo for your intelligence, hard work and courage. I am sure you have gotten a lot of flack for going down this path but the truth is the truth even if it's hard to swallow and has to be taken rectally. :)

"It's better to spend 8 hours on LSD than 8 hours watching TV or 8 hours working in a cubicle." Brilliant! So true, and it's a lot more interesting too.

13 hours ago, revjack said:

the truth is the truth even if it's hard to swallow and has to be taken rectally.

Amen, lol :D

Gives a whole new meaning to "You can't handle the Truth".

When you signed up for this truthseeking journey, you never imagined that you'd find it up your ass. Then again, where else would it be? ;)

LEO did 5meo rewire your brain?

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

@Vingger It radically progressed my understanding of nonduality, in ways that would not be possible in 20+ years of meditation or yoga. This understanding is both intellectual and at the emotional/body level. Less-so at the body level.

As far as rewiring my mind habits, not so much. I find psychedelics are not too effective at that. They are more effective at giving you radical glimpses which shock your mind into seeing the world from a radically new perspective. But your old mind-habits largely remain unchanged. Of course that may vary from person to person, and if you do a lot trips, there may be some significant rewiring.

Experiencing Absolute Infinity is a life-changing event. It was the most important event in my life. Your life cannot be the same afterwards. Although most of your habits will remain unchanged and your level of consciousness will drop back down to baseline. You will be back asleep, but you will at least know what true awakening looks like.

If you want to significantly rewire your brain with psychedelics, I think it's possible, but will require 50-100+ trips spread out over a long time.

I'm up to about 12 5-MeO trips total. If I did 30 trips back to back, that would produce some serious change. The trouble is, it's so jarring it would probably put your entire life on hold as you have to deal with all the emotional baggage, fear, depression, and resistance that rises. It would be brutal on your ego, and you probably couldn't take it and have a big ego backlash. It all depends on how ready you are to awaken.

BTW I posted -"It's better to spend 8 hours on LSD than 8 hours watching TV or 8 hours working in a cubicle." Leo Gura- on my facebook page and have gotten a bunch of and only positive replies. It's such a great line. I hope you don't mind me quoting it.

There have been advancements in understanding neuroplasticity and how we can and do rewire our brains. Hoping you won't mind a link to someone else's podcast. this is an inteview with world renown neuroplasticity expert, Dr Rick Hanson, adressing how psychedelics might help and be made more effective in the long term. 

https://www.jameswjesso.com/attmind-69-rick-hanson/

Why was 5 MEO made illegal?  

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde