Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,962 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A chemical substance.

I'd be curious what your next 5-meo trip is like.  You mentioned that the new psychedelic was the most potent/deep.  Your next 5-meo trip will let you know whether it was you, or the new substance.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes and no.

You ain't enlightened, till you are.

Telling people they're enlightened when they really aren't is very likely to confuse them so much that they will never glimpse enlightenment.

The Truth is ever-present. But whether one is conscious of is another matter.

5-MeO is a tool. Just like meditation or yoga are tools. No tool guarantees results. Any tool can be misused.

Its a realization of what is already happening.

It depends, for some people it will confuse them (you're right) for others it makes things simpler, you can over complicate it very easily too and the ego loves over thinking. By over complicating it you could be denying it to yourself.

Eckhart Tolle and Rubert Spira's tools is the direct path, they don't actually tell you to do anything besides to be intensely in the moment, and aware they dont even tell you to meditate or do yoga. Its basically mindfulness but without a routine. I think this is probably the best way to live life.

Sadhguru, he openly said he will say the opposite to whatever you say, he said if someone's high he'll bring them down, if someone is down he'll bring them up, he wants you to be balanced and realistic to see truth. Basically he plays devil's advocate, if you say no super powers he'll swear by them, if you believe in super powers he'll laugh at you as crazy, one guy said "sadhguru i can see you're happening inside me, my consciousness" and he blew the guy off lol, he's irl troll :)

Everyone is saying its simple, all the best gurus:

Edited by blazed

@blazed Yes, of course. That is the Zen-master's way. He fucks with your rigid mind, to open it up.

It's not necessarily effective though. Sometimes people just need a clear answer. Being mysterious and slippery can create misunderstanding.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

23 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

@Leo Gura what about Martin Ball? He became permenantly enlightened with 5meo. No? 

From what I can tell after questioning him fairly in-depthly in private communications. Yes.

Although it seems he got very lucky because he himself does not know a single other person who has become enlightened after 5-MeO. I think Martin was just primed and ready for it, and the 5-MeO pushed him over the edge. He did about 10 trips plus some dozen N,N-DMT trips. And he smokes it, so they were probably some very powerful trips.

I don't buy Martin Ball's definition of enlightenment. He says it is to be free of the confines of the ego and a clear awareness of the self. At the same time he says it's not a realistic goal to be in the non-dual state (non-dual recognition) continuously. Well enlightenment is a continuing recognition of the non-dual and of course its possible. Is it only possible for ridiculously few individuals - yes as it looks like that as of now. But is it humanly possibly, yes of course. And as you say@Leo Gura

is the work done then? No as Ken Wilber also outlines there's still "growing up" and "cleaning up". But as far as reaching the full potential of non-dual recognition, the work is "done" in a way. Martin seems to express something in the lines of that he doesn't really care if he is in a non-dual state or not but that has nothing to do with actual liberation. That's just to be relatively relaxed.

Edited by zikzak

@zikzak You guys are just talking past one another. Using different words for similar things.

Also, keep in mind, there are various degrees of liberation and enlightenment. Is Martin as awake as someone like Sadhguru? Obvious not. But that's not something to hold against him.

I'd say he's done pretty well for himself given the fact that he hasn't done 40 years of full-time practice.

You gotta compare realistically. Comparing yourself to someone like Sadhguru is absurd. You might as well start comparing yourself to Schwarzenegger. You ain't ever gonna get to his level if you're hanging around on this forum. You would have to dedicate your entire life to that. And you should have started back when you were 12 years old.

You need to temper your expectations proportionally to how many hours per day you're ready to invest in this work.

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@zikzak You guys are just talking past one another. Using different words for similar things.

Also, keep in mind, there are various degrees of liberation and enlightenment. Is Martin as awake as someone like Sadhguru? Obvious not. But that's not something to hold against him.

I'd say he's done pretty well for himself given the fact that he hasn't done 40 years of full-time practice.

You gotta compare realistically. Comparing yourself to someone like Sadhguru is absurd. You might as well start comparing yourself to Schwarzenegger. You ain't ever gonna get to his level if you're hanging around on this forum. You would have to dedicate your entire life to that. And you should have started back when you were 12 years old.

You need to temper your expectations proportionally to how many hours per day you're ready to invest in this work.

Woah. You can invest 40 years into consciousness work and still have room for more? How far can we take this thing and why isn’t this our number one priority? 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Genetics, luck and finding your meditation fit is so much more important than people think. It doesn't require entire life dedicated to practise, just good combination of this three things. I would consider myself highly enlightened and it definetly took an effect on my functionality. Wanting to go to the furthest reaches of this and shouting down DMN complitly while still haveing a job/family is unrealistic goal imo.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Buddha was 29 when he started his path :D

Enlightenment, discipline and building character are all different facets.

It takes Discipline to stay at a high level consciousness , otherwise you have a weak ass fragile enligthenment and lose it and go on doing unconscious stuff. Forgetting is very easy unless you have a permanent shift, and even that can probably be forgotten if one delves back into unconscious egoistical activities constantly.

Truth is like a Mirror, you gotta wipe it constantly to see clear reflection! (actually its more like you need to shatter all the mirrors to see truth, but the mirrors will start popping back up, the first analogy is simpler to understand).

Edited by blazed

This is not a trip report, I just have a question but I need to describe the experience. Alright so I took 30mg rectally (on an empty stomach this morning after I woke up, and I made sure to empty my butt) but I still did not experience the merging with God / Consciousness expansion mindfucks, my ego was still there.

I laid down for on my stomach for 20 mins to make sure the solution fully absorbs. At the 9 min mark reality became wonky and it kept building up till the 20 mins mark where I finally turned around on my back, at that point saliva was pouring down my mouth and my heart was pounding like 300 beats/sec and I started shaking and moving my limbs uncontrollably and very violently (more violent than prior lower dose tips), I was still aware of myself, I was still there, overwhelmed by terror and fear but I made sure to be fully open. At the 30 min mark the violent shaking stopped but I was still tripping until about the 1 hour mark (Rolling on the dirty floor, laughing hard, singing and dancing... I felt just happy and free but still aware of myself and identified as the ego). Now, from what Leo and other users say, 25mg should be a breakthrough dose right? Does this mean that I wasn't ready for the experience (even though, I was totally open and convincing myself that I'm ready to actually die) or does this mean that the 5-MeO wasn't pure enough (I'll post a pic)? It looks kinda off-white and turns pinkish when mixed with water.

34371621_10215606402968901_3861754049594392576_n.jpg

@Isaac Ben

You will never go away! Sometimes when Leo talk it can seem that you have to literally die and you will not be there. If you completely disappeared you would pass out and have no experience at all. It seems like you are looking for something other than you. You experience yourself all the time and you will experience yourself even on psychedelics. Do less and don't look for something special. 

Be who you are <3

Edited by cirkussmile

@Isaac Ben Hard to say. Some people seem to report that 5-MeO doesn't work effectively on them. I think this is due to two key factors: 1) your brain chemistry, which is slightly different for everyone, 2) your level of mental and spiritual development.

I think 5-MeO works much more effectively on certain kinds of minds than others.

Also, I think it's not enough to just take 5-MeO, it's also very important to existentially question reality. If you are not deeply questioning the nature of your reality all the time, then psychedelics will probably not be very profound for you.

How much self-inquiry have you done?

25mg is a very strong dose for me. It's almost unbearably infinite.

At 25mg, I cannot even remember that I ever existed. All notion of personal self disappears in a very shocking way.

But also keep in mind, that I had to build up to this. I didn't get that on my first or second trip. It took many trips on various substances to get to this point. And I was doing a lot of existential/metaphysical questioning along the way.

Also, people have different tolerances for psychedelics.

That 5-MeO powder looks fairly clean.

It would be good if you had a sense of how sensitive/tolerant you are towards other psychedelics, like mushrooms or LSD. That would help you understand your 5-MeO experiences.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Isaac Ben Hard to say. Some people seem to report that 5-MeO doesn't work effectively on them. I think this is due to two key factors: 1) your brain chemistry, which is slightly different for everyone, 2) your level of mental and spiritual development.

I think 5-MeO works much more effectively on certain kinds of minds than others.

Also, I think it's not enough to just take 5-MeO, it's also very important to existentially question reality. If you are not deeply questioning the nature of your reality all the time, then psychedelics will probably not be very profound for you.

25mg is a very strong dose for me. It's almost unbearably infinite.

At 25mg, I cannot even remember that I ever existed. All notion of personal self disappears in a very shocking way.

But also keep in mind, that I had to build up to this. I didn't get that on my first or second trip. It took many trips on various substances to get to this point. And I was doing a lot of existential/metaphysical questioning along the way.

Also, people have different tolerances for psychedelics.

That 5-MeO powder looks fairly clean.

what method of intake was the 25 mg?

2 minutes ago, robdl said:

what method of intake was the 25 mg?

Rectal or snort, doesn't make much difference, as long as you don't lose any of the substance to drip.

Rectal is the far superior method vs snorting.

It might take a few tries to perfect the method. Took me about 5 tries to really get the method down. Sometimes, if it's injected too shallow, it doesn't work as well.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Although I've been meditating for 7 months, I've only started getting serious about enlightenment work only about 3 months ago. I've been reading books, listening to Leo and other Gurus (especially Alan Watts, he got me into this), and experimented with both LSD and mushrooms spiritually (LSD didn't too much for me even up to 450mg but a 3g of mushrooms trip was epic). Never done self-inquiry though. Maybe I couldn't breakthrough because I'm relatively new but reading trip reports of random people experiencing God led me to believe that it doesn't matter that much. I guess I'll stick with mushrooms for the moment and currently reading the Kriya yoga book which I'm excited to start practicing.
Thanks for the replies.

3 hours ago, cirkussmile said:

@Isaac Ben

You will never go away! Sometimes when Leo talk it can seem that you have to literally die and you will not be there. If you completely disappeared you would pass out and have no experience at all. It seems like you are looking for something other than you. You experience yourself all the time and you will experience yourself even on psychedelics. Do less and don't look for something special. 

Be who you are <3

In fact, by trying this, I was looking for the real me, not the selfish, egoic guy that I thought I was. I guess I have more inner-work to do.

2 hours ago, Isaac Ben said:

LSD didn't too much for me even up to 450mg but a 3g of mushrooms trip was epic

That in an interesting clue.

450ug of LSD is A LOT. That should have been a hairy trip. I can trip balls on 125ug of LSD.

3g of mushrooms is a decent dose, enough for a nice strong trip.

If 450ug of LSD doesn't work on you, you've either got fake, watered-dose LSD, or you have a pretty high tolerance. I wouldn't be able to walk on 450ug.

Seem like this is why the 5-MeO isn't working. You probably need a higher dose.

@Isaac Ben I had the same experience, I can take 6 tabs of LSD and still have my reality intact, of course I feel it but it's not like people describe it, but my last mushroom trip 4g was epic too, so I learned that I can learn much more with mushrooms, 5meo I tried twice, first 15mg and second 27mg snorting, I didnt breakthrough, are you snorting or smoking it? 

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw