Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not sure why 5-MeO seems to not work on certain people. Or it works much less effectively. Probably has something to do with differences in brain physiology and also innate spiritual attunement. My guess is, not all human brains are equally susceptible to 5-MeO-DMT. I'm guessing you need to have the right structures already present in the brain which can utilize the 5-MeO, otherwise not much happens. Either you require large dosages or maybe this chemical is just not the right one for you. Do you have a high tolerance to other psychedelics like LSD or mushrooms?

20mg of 5-MeO should produce radical shifts in consciousness.

You may want to experiment with smoking/vaporizing it. Just be careful with dosage. Smoked dosages need to be MUCH smaller. Start with something like 5mg smoked, then work up to 10mg, then 15mg.

My tolerance to LSD or mushrooms is pretty low I would say. My guess was that maybe my scale is no good?

Any way, thank you for your answer, I will proceed slow and consider smoking/vaporizing.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

19 hours ago, okulele said:

I have a question for the ones more experienced with this substance.

I have been experimenting with 5-MeO for a short while now with mild results only. My last try was the most I have done - 27mcg 5-MeO-DMT HCl plugged. I experienced some purging via energy shifting, but it did not feel too spectacular (very comparable to a short time of the shamanic breathing). I expected something more dramatic or powerful at this amount of 5-MeO.

Should I proceed with 30 and go up?

Or should I try 30  and just stick with 30 until something clicks?

What could be the optimal dosing in my case?

Yes I have had the same issue. Did 20mcg plugged and didn't really get much from it. Maybe we bought from the same source. Where abouts are you from, if you don't mind me asking? DM me if you want.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

I am currently experimenting with 5-MeO-MET. I have gone up to only 12 mg at the moment. It seems like a good alternative for 5-MeO-DMT. Comparing to the low dose reports, it's the same thing, but longer acting. Will tell you the results of higher doses when I get there.

@okulele What substance was your last trip, when and what dosage. Because there IS cross-tolerance with all psychedelics.

If you have taken for example 300mcg of LSD then you have to wait at least month to be sure that it is not interfering with your tolerance. Or if you were taking low-medium doses of mushrooms every two weeks for half a year then you should give yourself a break, too. Otherwise don't expect dosages from the Internet to be accurate.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not sure why 5-MeO seems to not work on certain people. Or it works much less effectively. Probably has something to do with differences in brain physiology and also innate spiritual attunement. My guess is, not all human brains are equally susceptible to 5-MeO-DMT. I'm guessing you need to have the right structures already present in the brain which can utilize the 5-MeO, otherwise not much happens. Either you require large dosages or maybe this chemical is just not the right one for you. Do you have a high tolerance to other psychedelics like LSD or mushrooms?

20mg of 5-MeO should produce radical shifts in consciousness.

You may want to experiment with smoking/vaporizing it. Just be careful with dosage. Smoked dosages need to be MUCH smaller. Start with something like 5mg smoked, then work up to 10mg, then 15mg.

5meo forces you to give up concepts. It's impossible to think in concepts and even if you try you see how much friction it creates. For someone who did not have shifts in consciousness this substance will be very challenging but for one who's already resting in being, not much will happen except for it to be deeper. 

I agree that this had probably something to do with how our brains function. For someone who's very intelligent and conceptual, 5meo completely removes that ability which takes one to "the other side". 

Theability to let go and accept what is makes this substance unique. If you don't know how to let go, 5meo will help you. For others who already had the shift and are living daily life without resistance, 5meo will not show you anything new.

The thing is: We can't breakthrough because we're already living in a breakthrough. 

5 hours ago, Girzo said:

I am currently experimenting with 5-MeO-MET. I have gone up to only 12 mg at the moment. It seems like a good alternative for 5-MeO-DMT. Comparing to the low dose reports, it's the same thing, but longer acting. Will tell you the results of higher doses when I get there.

@okulele What substance was your last trip, when and what dosage. Because there IS cross-tolerance with all psychedelics.

If you have taken for example 300mcg of LSD then you have to wait at least month to be sure that it is not interfering with your tolerance. Or if you were taking low-medium doses of mushrooms every two weeks for half a year then you should give yourself a break, too. Otherwise don't expect dosages from the Internet to be accurate.

I didn't take any psychedelics for at least 2-3 weeks before this trip. And at that time it was 5-Meo too. I did not really worry about this, as all the other sources suggested that there is little to no tolerance to 5-MeO.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

On 4/25/2018 at 7:33 PM, SgtPepper said:

Hey Leo,

During last blog video when you took 5-meo multiple days in a row, I was wondering, what dosage did you use? did you do multiple high dosages, multiple low dosages, or slowly progress from low to high?

I've found my perfect dose now through lots of experimentation. 22-25mg rectally.

Below 20mg is powerful, but not quite fully Infinite. 25mg is just to the point where any more would be too much to tolerate.

At least that's for me. Everyone will be a bit different.

On my retreat all of my doses were in the 20-22mg range. A few of the doses didn't work as planned because my plugging technique wasn't perfected yet and also because weighing out substance accurately is quite challenging even on a milligram scale, especially in a humid environment.

I want to transition to volumetric dosing because the scale is just not consistent.

These micro scoops should do the trick.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 4/26/2018 at 3:14 AM, Girzo said:

That's really interesting. Share more of your findings with us.

Oh, BTW, 5-MeO-DMT must be done an a totally empty stomach. No eating for like 4 hours at least.

You will be very sorry otherwise. I've noticed the trips can start to get wonky with even a bit of food.

I've also noticed the trips get wonky for me if done in the morning.

Otherwise I never get nausea.

@DrMobius Do you really need one? It's really not that complicated.

I hesitate to post such videos because it will turn off casual observers. The mind loves to judge things it does not understand.

I might create a whole course on psychedelics in the future.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I hesitate to post such videos because it will turn off casual observers. The mind loves to judge things it does not understand.

Post it on your blog then, but would love to see you sharing your ideal rectal administration. 

1 hour ago, Maycol said:

Post it on your blog then, but would love to see you sharing your ideal rectal administration. 

Come  on guys you're not expecting him to show you his ass are you?

@DrMobius Maybe, we'll see.

Plugging - it's not really rocket science - although being an art form in itself ;)

https://wiki.tripsit.me/wiki/Quick_Guide_to_Plugging

Can recommend:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lubetube-SYLT2-Lube-Tube-Applicator/dp/B007MA8LFW

"Apply controlled amounts of your favourite lubricant - in hard to reach places"

"Put your favourite lubricant where you want it"

Edited by zikzak

I've done 5-meo after eating with no issues I'm quite sure (I had eaten)

Btw, in hindsight, a scale is not totally necessary, you can simply take a very tiny amount to start with and learn to estimate that way.

A scale is totally necessary IMO.. A few mg's can do a lot and you are always more fucked up at eyeballing than you think you are ;)

Everything is consciousness, even a spec of dust can effect the trip, but that's the whole fun and mystery of life :)

B R E A T H E

Should the toad version (bufo) of 5-MeO-DMT by some freak accident be stopped in customs (shipped as copal/incense) would it be easy to test for its content if customs expects that it may be som illegal material/drug? I just wonder. If anyone here has any ideas please let me know. 

On 5/2/2018 at 9:50 PM, zikzak said:

A scale is totally necessary IMO.. A few mg's can do a lot and you are always more fucked up at eyeballing than you think you are ;)

Certainly wouldn't hurt, certainly with bigger doses yeah, though I guess if you're off by some, you can chose to be the trusting type and let faith have you.

I had a friend whom at burning man had a shaman who gave people 70 MG to tug on, fucking weird but apparently you'd be fine in that way too