Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, 5driedgrams said:

your concern is appreciated, but doesn’t answer my question. My diet is not the absolute best, but I do pay attention to what I’m putting into my body.

Psychedelics come with some serious risks. If one is unwilling to accept the risks, one should stay away from psychedelics.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura the issue isn’t my personal fear of the risks of psychedelics, the issue is putting my girlfriend’s worries about me potentially inhaling solvents to rest.

I personally think that if I am inhaling (the smallest amount of) solvents, then whatever health risks that come along therefrom are a small price to pay for the most profound experiences and realizations of my human life. A person that I love and that loves me is worried about me damaging myself, and I am not educated enough on chemistry to factually give her reassurance. 

@zikzak this person has a genuine interest in psychedelics and understands the potential benefits. We are tentatively planning our/her first trip, but what you said made me think that maybe her concern is coming from a fear of psychedelics and she’s coming up with excuses for me to leave them behind or cut back (I only trip once a month, no matter what the psych). She has mentioned a number of times that she’s interested, but afraid. 

In any case, I have hcl on the way so for now she won’t have to worry about me inhaling solvents, just insufflating them xD

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

3 hours ago, 5driedgrams said:

the issue is putting my girlfriend’s worries about me potentially inhaling solvents to rest.

That's a non-issue. Learn to be independent. Why are you letting your gf's ignorant opinions influence your spiritual path?

You can find DMT which has been extracted using harmless, organic solvents.

@Leo Gura When I look into 5-meo-dmt on the internet, it just hits me how people become non dual extremists after using the substance. 

Where as regular DMT doesn't take that radical view on reality. 

DMT feels more cool and soft for that reason? 

Remember how you answer in my thread about no self and reincarnation? You talked about meta-identities that travels through different body-minds. Just a hypothesis from you. I liked that one. This is DMT to me. It's much more open to these kind of stuff.

DMT know of non duality and recognize that everything is interconnected, but there is room for richness and individuality within that. Cool creatures and different worlds and dimensions can be exposed.   

Martin Ball just claim all is God, end of story. So boring. So does that spanish guy who also works with the toad medicine. He doesn't like the idea of any individual entity or identity. Its just God, no more debate or argue.  

And Ball just say reincarnation is a silly idea, because YOU are all lives ever lived, and all lives that ever will live. 

Too simple to me. Just this pure infinite white light and that explains it all, end of story. That's 5meo-people to me.

There is quite some cool stuff between us and that pure non dual emptiness. 5meo-dmt doesn't seem cover that. 

Again, this is just my interpretation from reading, I might be wrong. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden Because 5-MeO is the Grand Pappy of psychedelics. It shows you the most holistic picture, the most complete, the most nondual. The pure Godhead.

It is so mindblowing it blows everything else out of the way.

Yes, to your ego-mind "Nothingness" doesn't sound cool or flashy. But that's only because you have no idea yet what Nothingness really is. It's the opposite of what you think.

If you think seeing aliens is cool, wait till you see Absolute Infinity.

@Leo Gura I think of it more like actively listening with an open mind to the concerns of my partner and seeking out the truth on the subject for my self since I know nothing firsthand about the health risks.

I have toad medicine, which she is fine with me taking, but it’s not available all the time. 

Nice chatting, look forward to your next video, especially the final video in correcting the stigma of psychedelics! 

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

In the end is all about remember what you are. 5-MeO-DMT, N,N-DMT, Changa, Ayahuasca, Mushrooms... are only tools which help to remember the Truth. But the first step is to forget ALL you think you are right now in order to remember what you really are. Death? What you really are can’t die.

PS: I’ve just smoked some Changa (N,N-DMT & IMAO)

Martin’s movements when surrenderred look similar to Kundalini symptoms. This dude just transformed into a serpeant lol.

Edited by JustinS

Enlightment is this, to stop being. Stop feeling every piece of you. And at the same it is being everything. Being infinite. There is no other way. It is nothing visual. It's just stop being something to be everything. It envolves you. That absolute white light. It is pure consciousness. Don't be afraid. Just surrender to stop being and immediately you will be aware of being ALL.

Nothing to do with N,N-DMT. I can see it now. Thank you all.

@Mercurio3 Judging from your two last posts which are a week apart there seems to be a 5meo experience between the two? ;)

@zikzak Yep. Yesterday. I just felt the moment to surrender. Like “it’s NOW”. Without having planned. Anyway I smoked little by little many times in a row. Didn’t breakthrough completely. But it was much more gradual. No fear. Opening my body and surrendering. So definitely I’ll try to snort it instead of smoke. When you smoke a large dose you don’t even have time to think about opening your body and surrendering. So ego reacts automatically resisting itself. Paradoxically you need some control to have no control.

On 08/02/2018 at 10:14 PM, JustinS said:

Martin’s movements when surrenderred look similar to Kundalini symptoms. This dude just transformed into a serpeant lol.

Yeah pretty demonic stuff :D 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Mercurio3 Nice. What were your small doses? Kinda interesting approach to increase in smaller increments and also as you say give time to the surrendering process. There's a fascinating aspect with the smoked (larger dose) experience though I find; exactly what you refer to as not having time to open, surrender. It's a shock. But unless you have a complete blackout there's still time - it's just more of an urgent matter and it's like you are almost forced to surrender. I find both approaches/aspects fascinating. The shock effect and the more gradual opening up. It would seem that the "shock method" is prone to more "damage" or tough experiences but it might not be the full picture since I have seen quite a few trip reports where it seems like a medium dose was used and that created a difficult experience in terms of having a lot of energy going through you but not enough to present you with an ultimatum of having to surrender completely. Of course higher dose experiences are intense in themselves and the same dynamic being present for the medium dose experience is present there also to a more or less degree (and the fact that higher doses can make you pass out) so it's not a suggestion that this method is superior I'm just curious as to the various approaches.

@Leo Gura What substance did you use in your "enlightenment experience" video - was it 5meo?

Does the 5meo experience feel familiar or foreign?  The psychedelic I took made me feel like I was a child again, a returning home.  Does 5meo feel altogether different?  

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

On 2/14/2018 at 2:48 AM, zikzak said:

What substance did you use in your "enlightenment experience" video - was it 5meo?

It was LSD.

I have not done 5-MeO in over a year. At this point I am extremely sensitive to even small doses of any kind of psychedelic.

A recreational dose will send me into full-on Buddha-like nonduality with all the classic insights you read about in the scriptures and books.

It's quite amazing.

That's cool. Just something that's nice to know beforehand. Taking what you believe is going to create a recreational experience and then you're straight into full dissolution can be a bit surprising. 

@zikzak San Pedro (mescaline). It was pretty fantastic.

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

Last night I tried plugging for the first time. Previously, I had snorted 20-30mg on about 6 occasions and became accustomed to the trip process. Yet, I always had nasal drip - in spite of my attempts to improve technique. I grew tired of tilted my head upside down for 10min, massaging my nostrils and feeling burning sensations. My effective dose range was probably more like 10-20mg. Other than the discomfort, the experiences were insightful, sublime, wonderful.

I found the plugging ROA to be far superior. I crushed the 5-meo-dmt into a fine powder to help increase absorption. I put about 1ml distilled H20 and about 0.5ml Astroglide gel into a small cup (I added the gel to prevent the powder from sticking to the sides of the syringe). I added the 5-meo-dmt and stirred. It mixed well and there was a uniform orange tinge. I sucked it up with a needless syringe and injected about 1.5 inches deep into rectum.

There was some minor discomfort after injection. Some due to the mechanical stress of the syringe. There was minor burning and a slight urge to expelled the liquid. I would say the discomfort with plugging was about 80% less than snorting. Trip intensity was about 30% stronger than snorting. The comeup was faster (5min. vs. 10min) and the trip duration was about the same (15min. peak, 25min comedown). 

Some aspects of the trip, I just don't have words for. Any explanation I try to give is just a partial description coming from my conceptual thought mind. 

At about 4min., I realized this was going to be more intense than my previous snorting trips. For a couple minutes, there was some anxiety about "what could happen", the unknown, and that maybe I did too much. Much of "me" dissolved and there was a unique type of mindfuck I haven't had with other psychedelics. There was a thought to "surrender" - yet who is surrendering? Who makes the choice to surrender? Does "I" have that power to choose or is that an illusion? I realized the trip would only last about 20min. and it's as if something gave "permission" to just be. 

Perhaps around T=6min. my story dissolved and I lost association with my body. There was just this energy. I was listening to native american flute music which synergized with the energy. I felt the energy of my girlfriend. We've had problems and are sort-of broken up and trying to work things out. Yet, all that "noise" disappeared. The whole story. Sometimes, we would lie in bed and just listen to music. And now there was just mixtures of energies - me, her, the music, the darkness and something beyond. It was like separate energies mixing, yet one energy. Both at the same time. I had a desire to reach out to her and bring her in. I texted her that I love how we experience music together. She responded by sending a song that had "it" - feeling and depth - and the energy changed and flowed. There was a sense she was here within the energy. Yet at the same time, there was no "her" or "me" - rather energies that our flowing through. It wasn't like I dissolved into the totality of absolute infinity. There was a some-thing - yet that some-thing became no-thing and every-thing. I just can't explain it.

At about T=35min. she started texting about her day. I had mostly comedown, yet was still in another mindspace. At T=60min. there was a sense that she was not responding how I would like her to - and I knew I had fully returned to baseline.

One thing that stands out for me with 5-meo-dmt is the clear awareness. With high doses of other psychedelics there can be confusion, thought loops and grey-outs. Yet not with 5-meo-dmt. It's place of awareness is so clear and pure. Looking back on it, it was a place of awareness I would associate with mostly pleasant. I can also see a place of clear/pure awareness that one would associate with being unpleasant.