Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura I don’t really understand the difference between “physical” and “energetic”. Is not the body a reflection of the mind? No “matter”, just “energy vibrating”, isn’t it?

@Mercurio3 There is a big difference. You can have a broken leg, which would be a physical problem. Or you can have an energetic blockage in your system.

Another way to state it is: there is the physical body and the subtle body.

Of course these are ultimately relative distinctions, but useful for this work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I guess I don’t grasp it. I mean I can understand the “concept”, the practical duality in that, but I use to think there is no “a body” ultimately. Just as reflection or manifestation of my ego, an idea of myself. And actually there is no *me* beyond the illusion of separation.

Another question: do you “remember” the ultimate non-duality state (absolute infinity) as a kind of being and non-being in an “orange” infinite light? And also a “smile” that melts with your “eye” like a “tear”. It’s impossible to explain. Like being “nothing” and “all” at once, what is the same. The eternity. Just existence itself. Something like that is what I experimented when I had my first N,N-DMT breakthrough.

Edited by Mercurio3

@Mercurio3 There is no body, and there is a body. You have to be clear about which level of reality you're talking about. In the same way that when you talk about "a cat", that's one level vs saying "there are only atoms, no cats". That's another level. The nature of a nondual reality is that in order to talk about it, you have to define your terms, and your terms will always be limited and ultimately break down when taken far enough. Language is a pragmatic tool of the mind. It is not ultimate truth, but it can be relatively true.

No, I didn't get any orange light. I just became directly aware of absolute infinity.

N,N-DMT is much more visual than 5-MeO, so that's probably why.

@Leo Gura Thank you. Certainly it’s essential the distinction between the “relative” and the “absolute” when you’re talking about something, of course. But in the end, when you filter whatever through the “absolute” perspective you can notice that ALL things tend to behave in a similar way, same patterns. That’s why extrapolation of concepts is very useful.

I am you, are you aware of that right now? 9_9

how is making sense of space and time under 5-meo effects ?

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

Hello family

It has been quite a while since I have been on the forum. In that time I have had three toad medicine experiences, two of which were the most profound healing experiences of my life, my last one being a full blown true to life enlightenment experience that showed me that I only had a personal concept of an enlightenment experience before. I wanted to record the fading effects of my last experience as Leo did, because my behavior was very similiar after having been given the knowledge and wisdom the medicine bestows. I decided against it, in an attempt to absorb and retain as much of the gift as possible. Thank you so much Leo for clueing me in to this astonishingly useful and healing molecule.  

I am actually here to discuss the possible dangers of inhaling trace amounts of solvents used in the extraction methods of nn dmt and possibly 5 meo dmt. I am not sure of the process in which synthetic 5 meo is procured, so I’m not sure if any solvents are used. I am no chemist so I appreciate your understanding my ignorance of the topic. My girlfriend worries about me damaging myself by possibly inhaling these trace amounts, even if the substance is 99% pure. If anyone has any information regarding this please reach out to me. Scientific journals or any sources would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you and I love you all

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

@5driedgrams About N,N-DMT extractions, there is no “solvent traces” in the end. Best option is hexane, which is so volatile and just evaporates. Don’t worry about that. However a very high pH could extract another alkaloids in addition to N,N-DMT, so be careful with that not using too much caustic soda. Pure N,N-DMT is totally white. Yellow or brown traces are from another alkaloids. You can check good extraction teks in DMT-Nexus forum.

Also a fine vaporization is essential. Most people burn N,N-DMT so they can’t reach the ultimate non-dual breakthrough and they think is all about “visuals”, “mandalas”, “entities” or “hyperspace” (all of that is DUAL).

There might be some but wouldn't it be worth it? It would perhaps be a tiny bit, nothing compared to people who inhale copious amounts of cigarette smoke, and can whom can do fine for X years, so I wouldn't worry about it. 

1 minute ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

There might be some but wouldn't it be worth it? It would perhaps be a tiny bit, nothing compared to people who inhale copious amounts of cigarette smoke, and can whom can do fine for X years, so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Yeah with 99% pure 5-MeO-DMT you'd vape 0.1 mg unknown material from a somewhat normal dose. I'd be more nervous to eat a fast food meal. 

10 minutes ago, Mercurio3 said:

@5driedgrams About N,N-DMT extractions, there is no “solvent traces” in the end. Best option is hexane, which is so volatile and just evaporates. Don’t worry about that. However a very high pH could extract another alkaloids in addition to N,N-DMT, so be careful with that not using too much caustic soda. Pure N,N-DMT is totally white. Yellow or brown traces are from another alkaloids. You can check good extraction teks in DMT-Nexus forum.

Also a fine vaporization is essential. Most people burn N,N-DMT so they can’t reach the ultimate non-dual breakthrough and they think is all about “visuals”, “mandalas”, “entities” or “hyperspace” (all of that is DUAL).

Wouldn't you think it's more the nature of DMT that makes people generally not having full non-dual experiences with it? I've seen many reports on big dosages being used and it's still "just" hyperspace, mandalas and shit.. And even if you burn it a bit by taking a big dosage you still get a lot. On top of that many big dosages are done with a GVG which tends to not burn the product at all. 

For reference on why DMT might not likely give a full non-dual experience:

https://www.transformpress.com/images/Downloads/Breadth&Depth.pdf

@zikzak Maybe it’s a key factor too, of course. But the primal factor is bad vaporization. If you don’t do it fine then very few amount of N,N-DMT will arrive into your bloodstream. Anyway before you reach the non-dual state you must pass through all hyperspace, and many times the ego resists to die and see the final truth.

Nah dude I don't buy it ;) There are plenty of GVG-wizards out there with perfect technique and they still just talk about hyperspace and machine elves. 5-MeO-DMT has such a specific profile to it. DMT has too much going on for it and is more of a full spectrum experience. YMMV

@DrMobius Yes I believe so too. And it was not my intention to say that it can't happen - it's just pretty rare from what I have encountered and most likely requires a massive dose as you say. One of the experiences in "DMT - The Spirit Molecule" documentary seems to be a genuine non-dual experience.

Yeah, it’s quite “rare” the non-dual experience vaping N,N-DMT but definitely it’s possible. It happened in my first time so I had the idea of it was more “common”. My friend experimented exactly the same thing before I did. There is something very characteristical of that experience and probably you won’t read much about it: when you’re gone out of this “reality”, if there is a sitter watching you, you seem to be just sleeping with eyes closed and SMILING. Not a simple smile but a TOTAL SMILE. But if you search about the “DMT smile” across the internet, you won’t find very much.

5-MeO-DMT is far far more direct to non-duality, of course. In a sense N,N-DMT is more a “psychedelic” experience type while 5-MeO-DMT is 100% ego death. But the ego death is possible with both substances. 5-MeO-DMT probably is the most effective tool to achieve that though and more “shocking” and hard to face at the same time.

I bet DMT could be a beautiful entrance to a non-dual experience.

I quite like sub breakthrough doses where you don't dissociate from your body. I find it more interesting to connect with people in that state than to go into hyperspace.

@zikzak That’s curious, I’ve never been able to reach that state and just stay “here”. If I do well then I can’t avoid disconnect from my body and enter into hyperspace. If I didn’t then is just like a higher “meditative” state, even no visuals at all. In order to reach what you describe I like mushrooms.

11 hours ago, 5driedgrams said:

I am actually here to discuss the possible dangers of inhaling trace amounts of solvents used in the extraction methods of nn dmt and possibly 5 meo dmt. I am not sure of the process in which synthetic 5 meo is procured, so I’m not sure if any solvents are used. I am no chemist so I appreciate your understanding my ignorance of the topic. My girlfriend worries about me damaging myself by possibly inhaling these trace amounts, even if the substance is 99% pure.

I would be more worried about the toxic food your put into your body every day, than the trace impurities in DMT.

This is a good example of reversal of priorities.

@zikzak that was my defense too, but she’s still not convinced. We don’t eat fast food and her argument is that comparing inhaling solvents, even .1mg, to eating fast food does not prove that inhaling solvents is safe. My problem is that I am just not educated enough on this type of thing to have a strong case. 

@AlwaysBeNice yes it’s quite worth it to me, but I’m up against convincing a girl who has never even taken mushrooms. So the “it’s worth it” defense doesn’t ease her mind lol

@Leo Gura your concern is appreciated, but doesn’t answer my question. My diet is not the absolute best, but I do pay attention to what I’m putting into my body. 

@Mercurio3 thank you very much for taking the time. Now I have to find a way to prove that hexane is totally evaporated and to prove (or convince) that what I’m putting in my body is safe or safe enough. 

Edited by 5driedgrams

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

@5driedgrams Sure I get where you're coming from. For people not into psychedelics there's often a tendency to be very fearful and if it's not one factor it's another they'll focus on. Best way is to secretly give them a big dose of LSD. Nah joking ;)