Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

I have to be honest, I am scared of doing any kind of Psychedelics, including  5 Meo on my own , without having an experienced person with me. I go to Ayahuasca resorts with the presence of Shamans and guides. I do know couple of Psychedelics Phd researchers here in UK. I have been thinking of asking them to help me with it, but haven't had the courage yet. I wish there was such a mystical place similar to Aya retreats around for Psychedelics. There must be some, but i am not aware of them yet.  

@Samra Solo is the best. You just have to know what you're doing (by doing the online research) and follow the guidelines I've outlined in my How To Use Psychedelics video.

Then again, if you're too scared, this isn't the path for you.

You need to be very mature and responsible to follow this path successfully.

But, damn, is it awesome!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Samra said:

I have to be honest, I am scared of doing any kind of Psychedelics, including  5 Meo on my own , without having an experienced person with me. I go to Ayahuasca resorts with the presence of Shamans and guides. I do know couple of Psychedelics Phd researchers here in UK. I have been thinking of asking them to help me with it, but haven't had the courage yet. I wish there was such a mystical place similar to Aya retreats around for Psychedelics. There must be some, but i am not aware of them yet.  

Well, Netherlands isnt so far away from Uk. http://www.psilohuasca.com/1-1-krotenzeremonien/

@Leo Gura True, true.  Maybe i'm not ready. Then again I'm having a calling that i cant ignore for much longer. 

They do guided 5-MeO sessions in Belgium as well

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Watch out! It definitely is possible to kill yourself with 5-MeO such that you will never come back. If your breathing truly stops and you black out, you will suffocate to death.

Try snorting HCl. It's much gentler, but it will still skull-fuck you in the end.

Well that's just conjecture since no case has been reported like that and it would seem very very improbable, unless maybe you're like a 70 old lady or something (which Martin Ball, which has done 100's or 1000's(?) of cases, talked about the only case that came close to death, and he does usually 5 rounds of a full dose with people). 

-

Btw it's interesting how every trip can be so different, I've had: close to deep sleep, like being high light, like being big light, some closer to beingness, some mindfuck/time/space destroying, one dmt-like and love related, sensing more the energy outside of me.

Still haven't been able to let go all the way, but it's nice how the glimpses keep returning sober in different ways as well

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

My sitter has confirmed that I exhaled at 11 seconds and that I was breathing normally. So yes, my breathing issues are just psychological.

Leo, that’s not subtitles, it’s me talking over your voice.

10 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

They do guided 5-MeO sessions in Belgium as well

Well that's just conjecture since no case has been reported like that and it would seem very very improbable, unless maybe you're like a 70 old lady or something (which Martin Ball, which has done 100's or 1000's(?) of cases, talked about the only case that came close to death, and he does usually 5 rounds of a full dose with people).

I've read some trip reports of people passing out for like 30 minutes or becoming red-in-the-face from lack of oxygen. I can't imagine that is healthy or safe.

But then again, people do very stupid things, like eyeballing doses of 5-MeO without a miligram scale.

@aEOf I forget now if it was 28mg or 30mg.

@Samra I disagree strongly with Leo that solo is the best. Not that it can't be done with success - but solo can clearly be dangerous since you can move strongly while you're not physically aware. Also possible to drop the pipe if smoking it etc. And since it's such an intense experience it can be a tremendous help to have a sitter by your side. So I'd say to have a good friend by your side is a very good option. He or she can help with all practical stuff and help you through the experience. Just make sure your friend is open minded and ready for whatever. If you are ready or not is of course up to you to decide. In a way it's kinda impossible to prepare for the full 5meo experience but you could consider to practice a bit with DMT. It doesn't take you nearly as deep as 5meo and it's a different experience but there's still the rapid onset and more condensed intensity compared to Aya. You also get to practice the technical stuff if you choose to smoke/vaporize it which is important to know.

@zikzak Thanks for the advice and guidance. Yes, I would prefer having someone experienced help me out, at least for the first couple of times. I get what Leo saying as well regarding maturity. I guess the willingness to embrace the dangers are also part of the whole thing. If you don't have the courage to embrace death, then you are not ready. 

Edited by Samra

@zikzak I should clarify that I mean solo snorting more so than smoking. When snorted, there's no loss of physical control and I find it very physically safe. The dangers are more psychological and energetic.

Be careful with doing big intense doses of 5-MeO. It's very powerful energetically and I'm sure it could mangle your energetic system if overdone. Snorting is more gentle.

As I learn more about chakras and yoga, I'm becoming more wary of opening energy channels up too rapidly. Faster and stronger is definitely not always better. All good yogic systems are designed to gently unlock your spiritual energies precisely because otherwise there will be problems down the road.

I recommend doing 5-MeO only occasionally and supplementing with more gentle and milder psychedelics like LSD. The insights you will gain from LSD after having broken-through to Absolute Infinity on 5-MeO will be epic and much more coherent. And they will be gentler.

@Leo Gura Yes a gentle aspect is indeed very very important to remember. As regards to ROA of 5meo I still think it's very dose dependent and depends on how sensitive you are to the substance in general. Because you had some experiences with snorting it and didn't loose physical control it doesn't mean that others will react the same? Or that you would be able to maintain physical control at 35 or 40 mg snorted? I don't see how snorted or rectal couldn't bring one to same levels as smoked/vaporized. Of course with a different onset (and duration).

I guess you have seen Hamilton’s Pharmacopeia "The Psychedelic Toad". The guy vomiting all over the place is not they guy you wanna be on your own. I kinda annoys me that this scene is in the show since I think his reaction is very very rare and gives toad/5meo a skewed image but nevertheless it CAN happen. On top of that if you will have a dark psychological experience (snorted or smoked) with 5meo a sitter is ever so welcomed. It can be a traumatic experience in some cases. Coming from the perspective a gentleness that you bring up I see having a trip sitter as the most safe and gentle recommendation that can be given with 5meo. Some people will always go wild anyway and do large doses alone etc. For some it works but it's raising the bet. And the stakes are already high with 5meo.

To be sure there are always risks. Having a vomit buck handy is a must.

I've seen a few other people snort 5-MeO and it never seems to render them totally helpless. They are still able to function safely. But of course some people could go ape-shit nuts.

From my own personal experience I don't feel any physical danger. I would be much more concerned with energetic dangers. I experienced a crazy release of kundalini energy through my fingers at 30mg. It didn't feel totally safe. I'm not eager to go through that again. It was a bit traumatic.

@DrMobius Leo talks about it and shows bruises on his hands at some point in this video 

@DrMobius At the peak of the breakthrough I had some kind of kundalini energy arise and explode out through my fingertips. It can only be described as a kind of freaky paranormal phenomena. It altered my finger prints, creating tiny fractured scarring which still remains a year later. It was like an explosion of infinite love.

On 2/2/2018 at 0:08 PM, Leo Gura said:

From my own personal experience I don't feel any physical danger. I would be much more concerned with energetic dangers. I experienced a crazy release of kundalini energy through my fingers at 30mg. It didn't feel totally safe. I'm not eager to go through that again. It was a bit traumatic.

You mean physical damage then as apposed to death? Other than that it makes no sense to separate energetic danger from physical danger.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@DrMobius At the peak of the breakthrough I had some kind of kundalini energy arise and explode out through my fingertips. It can only be described as a kind of freaky paranormal phenomena. It altered my finger prints, creating tiny fractured scarring which still remains a year later. It was like an explosion of infinite love.

@Leo Gura maybe you have doubted that type of energy in you and was given a proper demo. :)