Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's the thing. It's impossible to imagine. That's the most amazing part of this whole journey. It's infinitely more than you ever expected to get out of life.

This. Our potential is completely mind blowing. 

Edited by zikzak

@Leo Gura @zikzak and others experimenting with 5meo, how many times did you try until the breakthrough dose and how much was it?

I tried twice, first time was really subtle but I could feel the energy, second time was hellish, I couldnt wait for the whole eye of the tornado sensation to go away, I felt like my body couldnt handle the amount of energy that was receiving, now I gonna try the third time and I'm a "bit" afraid :/

The first dose was 17mg, second 27mg and third is gonna be 35mg, I'm snorting it, I followed all the steps, tilting my head upside down, massaging the nostrils etc, but I think the ROA wastes a considerable amount of the substance so I'm seriously thinking in converting it to freebase.. Also vaporizing I cant overdose, Leo said above 35mg can be lethal 9_9

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

10 hours ago, egoless said:

@Leo Gura Before you tried 5-Meo. How did you prove to yourself that it would not affect your objective assertion of the upcoming trip? How did you make yourself sure that what you would experience will be different than the drug induced illusion? I have underlined the word before because after the trip normal person may become subjective because of utterly positive sensations. I know you well from you content a long time and know your intellectual potential to oppose to that subjectiveness but still...

When you trip, you drop all that monkey-mind and be TOTALLY open to ANYTHING.

Your fear of delusion is -- ironically -- keeping you stuck in delusion.

All that's required to access Absolute Truth is a 100% GENUINE intent for Truth. Set it as your highest priority to be shown the Truth. Drop all your judgments, worries, expectations, pet theories, ideologies, rationalizations, etc. Just the GENUINE intent for Truth. That's all that's required. Then you'll be shown the stairway to heaven. But first your cup must be emptied.

You just have to learn to be epistemically very humble. Which is a topic I've covered a lot in past episodes.

When you hear me speak or make claims about anything, you have to understand that that's just the surface. Deep down, I don't hold any of it as true. Reality is beyond all that.

6 hours ago, MsNobody said:

@Leo Gura @zikzak and others experimenting with 5meo, how many times did you try until the breakthrough dose and how much was it?

I tried twice, first time was really subtle but I could feel the energy, second time was hellish, I couldnt wait for the whole eye of the tornado sensation to go away, I felt like my body couldnt handle the amount of energy that was receiving, now I gonna try the third time and I'm a "bit" afraid :/

The first dose was 17mg, second 27mg and third is gonna be 35mg, I'm snorting it, I followed all the steps, tilting my head upside down, massaging the nostrils etc, but I think the ROA wastes a considerable amount of the substance so I'm seriously thinking in converting it to freebase.. Also vaporizing I cant overdose, Leo said above 35mg can be lethal 9_9

I think it happened for me on the 3rd dose, which was 30mg.

Vaporizing is more powerful than snorting. You certainly can over do it. You have to be much more careful and skilled with vaporizing. The technique requires some trial and error to get right.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, MsNobody said:

I would never bother to snort it. For longer duration I would experiment with rectal administration instead - no drip or discomfort. And much more accurate dosing. Otherwise I personally like the quick onset of smoking/vaporizing. I did around 11 mg first time and broke through on that. I think I was a bit lucky that I actually managed to use the pipe properly and get the whole amount. I recently got a Health Stone. I'd recommend one. It's ridiculously easy to use  and very efficient. Freebase pipes are a hassle compared to it. 

How should you check its purity? Is there any testkit or smth? 

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When you trip, you drop all that monkey-mind and be TOTALLY open to ANYTHING.

Your fear of delusion is -- ironically -- keeping you stuck in delusion.

All that's required to access Absolute Truth is a 100% GENUINE intent for Truth. Set it as your highest priority to be shown the Truth. Drop all your judgments, worries, expectations, pet theories, ideologies, rationalizations, etc. Just the GENUINE intent for Truth. That's all that's required. Then you'll be shown the stairway to heaven. But first your cup must be emptied.

You just have to learn to be epistemically very humble. Which is a topic I've covered a lot in past episodes.

When you hear me speak or make claims about anything, you have to understand that that's just the surface. Deep down, I don't hold any of it as true. Reality is beyond all that.

I was really excited for this response and it delivered!

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

10 hours ago, zikzak said:

I would never bother to snort it. For longer duration I would experiment with rectal administration instead - no drip or discomfort. And much more accurate dosing.

Yes! And the award for most underrated ROA goes to...!

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

On 29/1/2017 at 6:13 PM, Azrael said:

ou realize that you chose and choose every program, every situation, every action and reaction that ever occurred for you. You see that you did that in a kind of super-conscious way

Fuck Im out. is not this free will?

8 hours ago, Not a shaolin monk said:

Fuck Im out. is not this free will?

Well, not really. It really depends here which level we observe. I didn't talk about the normal individual level. I talked about  the mechanisms "above that", that make the human and his world and everything he knows possible. And I wouldn't say that it has free will because there is not an entity you could attribute that freeness to, however it does occur freely and spontaneously in the sense that it is a-mechanical, it just is. It is highly intelligent, follows certain patterns but doesn't is the victim of a process itself. It creates processes. Very abstract thing were are talking about here. Maybe just experience it for yourself, then it's clearer.

But basically, you can prove and disprove most of the concepts you know just by looking at them from different levels. On one level it might be the one way, on another it might be the opposite. Look at physics, at one level Newtonian physics can be proven empirically for a lot of things, on another level quantum mechanics work and Newtonian doesn't. On other levels again, quantum mechanics doesn't work no more. It's this ever-changing fractal that you cannot put in one of your models - because it is the thing that makes you and your world possible. So it is axiomatic to you and your world and by that nature can never be implied by something you or your world do. Dig that.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

I cannot speak from personal experience with 5-Meo-Dmt, but I just read Martin Balls newest book "Entheogenic Liberation" and it impressed me. Especially how practical and basically concept-free this book is. There is nothing really in there that one has to believe. I guess, if one wants to work with 5-Meo-Dmt to become liberated from the constrains of the ego, the book is the best resource available on the topic.

But personally I am not willing to take the substance (yet). 

I do not see it necessary for the moment. I feel very much at peace with myself right now and have too much fear of taking it, which comes from several tough mushroom trips in the past. So I know hellish experiences do exists and I don't want to find myself in there again, thinking to myself "you idiot did it again" :D
Anyone here who has dealt with that feeling of eternal hell on 5-meo (or any other psychedelic)? Maybe one has to work through it... As I have now intellectually understood, these experiences were my egoic attachments, identifications and rejections of the experience arising.

My question is does intellectual understanding help me in my next psychedelic encounter? I did not have that understanding last time. But then also, in those experiences all concepts go out the window anyways.

Edited by Lauritz

@Azrael So its freedom is not personal is more close to a mechanical type of freedom, freely to do. It chooses everything even suffering itself in a kind of a super-conscious way, meaning that consciousness doesnt give a fuck about feeling great. I just found out that mind is not agree with consciouness, but wait even a confused mind is a super conscious chose. I am kind of crazy

Edited by Not a shaolin monk

5 hours ago, Lauritz said:

I cannot speak from personal experience with 5-Meo-Dmt, but I just read Martin Balls newest book "Entheogenic Liberation" and it impressed me. Especially how practical and basically concept-free this book is. There is nothing really in there that one has to believe. I guess, if one wants to work with 5-Meo-Dmt to become liberated from the constrains of the ego, the book is the best resource available on the topic.

But personally I am not willing to take the substance (yet). 

I do not see it necessary for the moment. I feel very much at peace with myself right now and have too much fear of taking it, which comes from several tough mushroom trips in the past. So I know hellish experiences do exists and I don't want to find myself in there again, thinking to myself "you idiot did it again" :D
Anyone here who has dealt with that feeling of eternal hell on 5-meo (or any other psychedelic)? Maybe one has to work through it... As I have now intellectually understood, these experiences were my egoic attachments, identifications and rejections of the experience arising.

My question is does intellectual understanding help me in my next psychedelic encounter? I did not have that understanding last time. But then also, in those experiences all concepts go out the window anyways.

I've had 2 hellish kind of mushroom trips in the past, and while they were terrifying at the time for some time that you think might or will probably last forever, it's also in a sense not at all so bad as to how it sounds, because it was just a fictional story of your mind that didn't turn out to be true.

1 hour ago, Not a shaolin monk said:

So its freedom is not personal is more close to a mechanical type of freedom

It's not personal, but it's not mechanical either, and it's infinitely intimate. It's as intelligent as a motherfucker too. Hence it's called God. It really feels like experiencing God, not some dry mechanical void. It's full of life. It's full of love. It's organic-feeling. Like being inside a giant infinite mind. If you took the minds of every single genius human being who has ever lived in the last 5000 years and multiplied them all together and raised that by a power of a million, you would not even have 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of its intelligence.

It's intelligence is infinite.

Divinity is the best word to describe it. Nothingness is literally divine. The very fabric of reality is self-seeing.

8 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

I've had 2 hellish kind of mushroom trips in the past, and while they were terrifying at the time for some time that you think might or will probably last forever, it's also in a sense not at all so bad as to how it sounds, because it was just a fictional story of your mind that didn't turn out to be true.

But isn't that your sober mind speaking?

Anyways I also think that some theoretical background helps. My last trips were without a prior concept of what to expect, what to do and without having a concentration and meditation practice. 

Leo also once mentioned that he knew how to label his experiences on psychedelic based on the spiritual concepts he studied beforehand. 

6 hours ago, Lauritz said:

Yes, it does. It helps A LOT in my experience. It makes all the difference.

The better my conceptual understanding of things, the easier and deeper my trips. The less fear. The more insight.

Existential thinking is the key. Learning how to think about reality from scratch without any cultural biases or assumptions.

If you study a lot of mysticism and nondual teachings, tripping becomes so much better and easier. Everything clicks perfectly.

Has anybody ever experienced or heard about breathing troubles on heavy trips of 5-meo-dmt, in particular forgetting to breathe?  Sounds kind of ridiculous but seems remotely plausible.

@Real Eyes Yes, that is very common. It's a physiological response.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Real Eyes Yes, that is very common. It's a physiological response.

I wonder how likely it is that this could reach a dangerous point.  I guess if one were really concerned about it, some sort of technology could be used to monitor the rate of breathing and sound an alert if it falls below a certain threshold.  Or a trip sitter, if they could stay out of the way and just monitor the breath somehow.

@Real Eyes At high enough doses it is likely and potentially lethal. So don't screw around.