Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

Hi. Would like to know what are your experiences with daily work/job and taking 5meo dmt.

Do you take some days off from work before/after  taking 5meo? 

And most important. Are you still able to perform your work with others and handle daily situations? 

As it is a very powerful substance I guess it will shatter many things like family, work... reality and so on. So maybe before interacting with daily duties is it important to take some free time ? 

Thank you.

@Giulio Bevilacqua 

Ideally, I would take at least one day before to meditate and practice mindfulness before as well as get clear on intentions, perhaps even do a small micro dose before your macro day.

then at least one to two days afterwards in order to spend time by yourself integrating, journaling and absorbing the experience.

up to two weeks after my experience I had some trippy sleeps and insights.

It’s such a high out of this world experience that going right back to normal life might feel like an EXTREME downer without at least a little integration time to bask in the afterglow.

Also, I ate pretty clean the month before bufo (because I did aya right before) but had diarrhea for the 2 days afterwards. 

I eat fairly clean 90% of the time too lol.

I tried hanging out with friends later in the day after my experience and I started to get a headache and feel really annoyed.

Good luck & enjoy the trip. ❤️ 

1 hour ago, sir_kulki said:

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to smoke HCL version of 5-MeO?

Thanks!

No

It will be very harsh on the lungs.

On 6/12/2022 at 4:03 PM, Karla said:

@Giulio Bevilacqua 

Ideally, I would take at least one day before to meditate and practice mindfulness before as well as get clear on intentions, perhaps even do a small micro dose before your macro day.

then at least one to two days afterwards in order to spend time by yourself integrating, journaling and absorbing the experience.

up to two weeks after my experience I had some trippy sleeps and insights.

It’s such a high out of this world experience that going right back to normal life might feel like an EXTREME downer without at least a little integration time to bask in the afterglow.

Also, I ate pretty clean the month before bufo (because I did aya right before) but had diarrhea for the 2 days afterwards. 

I eat fairly clean 90% of the time too lol.

I tried hanging out with friends later in the day after my experience and I started to get a headache and feel really annoyed.

Good luck & enjoy the trip. ❤️ 

That is helpful. Thank you very much ?@sir_kulki

On 05/12/2022 at 5:29 PM, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

Do you take some days off from work before/after  taking 5meo?

The first time you try it, make sure to have at least one day off from work.

The best scenario would be to do it on Friday night and then have the whole weekend to contemplate and integrate your trip.

On Monday you're going to be fine to go back to work, if you start with the right dose.

Do you remember times that many people on these forums were reporting that they have to dose like 40 mg or more of 5-MeO-DMT to feel a strong trip?

Many people thought back then "must be my high natural tolerance". No, it wasn't. The 5-MeO-DMT Oxalate back then, the brownish product in salt form for plugging or snorting, had been contaminated with synthesis by products UP TO 50%. It was only 50% 5-MeO-DMT in some cases.

So maybe the consideration now should be, that 5-MeO-DMT that is too yellow or too brown is not good.

Here's the photo of failed, weak 5-MeO-DMT Oxalate

10952_lg.jpg

Someone tested a sample that was 100% the byproduct, I hope it's only someone's result of attempting to home synth the chem and not something bought and sold on the streets. Here's the photo of 100% synthesis byproduct:

12143_lg.jpg

Source: DrugsData.org

I used Oxalate and it is potent as hell, no less than HCl or freebase.

Of course there could have been bad vendors or batches, but tan colored Oxalate is good stuff if from a legit vendor. That first photo looks totally legit. The color is normal and fine. You can't judge potency by color.

If something is only 50% of the promised product that means some middleman cut it. Lab grade stuff is like 98% purity and a lab has no good reason to do 50% synths unless they are total baboons who don't know what they are doing.

I doubt anyone is doing home synth of 5-MeO-DMT. Good labs make it and then some middleman might cut it.

I have never had a bad batch of any chemical. They were all super potent. I have tried over 30 chems from various sources.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I doubt anyone is doing home synth of 5-MeO-DMT. Good labs make it and then some middleman might cut it.

Actually, people do, 5-MeO-tryptamine (mexamine) is widely available and legal in many countries. And Hamilton Morris sold like 10.000 copies of pamphlet with synthesis guidelines for amateur cooks (from mexamine exactly). 

There are also internet forums for newbies in synthesis, I am not talking about the old school ones that have something to do with bees and wasps, I am saying about new ones that take inspiration from TV series and they trade precursors openly.

The N-methyl-Pinoline can't be from cut, because it's a by-product (and doesn't appear anywhere ele on the market) of the reaction if there's too much heat, you can see Hamilton Morris synthing 5-MeO in a mexican lab on YT and using dry ice to keep everything cool. Maybe some amateur lab rats heat it too much, rush things or don't have gear to mix everything drop by drop.

Here's a graph comparing pinolene with 5-MeO, it's the same substance, just forming an additional ring. The carbon atom from n-methyl group connects to carbon atom on 2nd postion on the indole part, forming a tryptoline.

sherwood_2020_scheme_1.jpg

It's a year old info, but I have just found it out.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That first photo looks totally legit. The color is normal and fine. You can't judge potency by color.

Then we are... in a not so good situation. I am curious if someone who still has cache of that 5-MeO from back then would be willing to test it if it's really clean.

Ah, and this N-methyl-Pinoline fromation can't happen from improper storage conditions, so it has to come from synthesis.

There is a phot of another 5-MeO-DMT that has been verified to be around 10% n-methyl-pinoline. The person sending reported something off about the smell to be the reason for sending this sample.

10808_lg.jpg

If I were to speculate. Maybe the lab synthing the Oxalate didn't have everything right and made mistakes. There was a period when 5-MeO-DMT had been scarecly available, then the Oxalate came in. Maybe it had been a first try synthing using a new method for this lab and they made a mistake, some parts of the vessel heated too much and substance degraded, while they only tested for purity the parts that didn't undergo the reaction that formed n-methyl-pinoline, unaware that something like this could happen. It's pure speculation, but labs are people too, and they learn new stuff all the time.

AAAND... the Canadians sell Oxalate no more, just freebase. So maybe there really was somthing offf about this method of producing 5-MeO that resulted in Oxalate salt.

Edited by Girzo

31 minutes ago, Girzo said:

I am curious if someone who still has cache of that 5-MeO from back then would be willing to test it if it's really clean.

Dude, I did a bunch of that first Oxalate batch. That was right around the time I introduced ya'll to 5-MeO-DMT. It is excellent, pure stuff. I triped balls on it with no problems.

Yellow and brown 5-MeO-DMT is as good as white. Don't be racist.

Edited by Leo Gura

The fact is people have had problems with it and I present a possible explanation why.

4 minutes ago, Girzo said:

The fact is people have had problems with it and I present a possible explanation why.

Maybe it's not the chem but the people.

Must I say it?

"Psychedelics don't work on stupid people." -- Terence McKenna ;)

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe it's not the chem but the people.

That's what I have believed. Now, I am having suspisicions.

People are people, labs might cut corners and make mistakes. It's a not so regulated market after all.

Assuming it's lab, because as I have said, there are clandestine homebrew vendors appearing on the Dark Web nowadays.

@Leo Gura  Do you not test your chemicals? I am assuming you don't make them you're self. To me it seems crazy to get hold of them and just consume them because they 'look alright' or is from a trusted vendor.

Whenever I get hold of psychedelics I have to test them, even if it's from a trusted source. Even if clear, I still get paranoid, and almost always my paranoia makes my trips hell as I am scared there's a chance I have poisoned myself.

@Craigxt22 It depends on what you mean by testing, baically no-one tests by sending sample to DrugsData or similar, it costs $100.

But if you want to know approximately the % of purity then it's needed.

8 minutes ago, Craigxt22 said:

Do you not test your chemicals?

Dude, this ain't the FDA.

Edited by Leo Gura

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Dude, this ain't the FDA.

Huh what? @Leo Gura I would agree on this one with @Craigxt22 . I think it would be easy to put something else on some substance. With LSD and MDMA I had done this and you can feel safer and eliminate the thought of “what if I actually ingested another thing aside the real thing?”. I think this is a basic but important suggestion for psychonauts. 

Unless ofc you REALLY REALLY trust your source, maybe is ok, still I like to double check for security. And since also you been working with new and unknown substances, I can understand.

So, I have listened to Hamilton Morris more, and he is aware of the possibility of the aforementioned impurity forming. And it has been studied by Dennis McKenna, from his research it turns out N-methyl-Pinoline is a very weak iMAO, so it's a lucky situation it's not dangerous.

So it makes the substance impure, but for all practical reasons you can treat it as pure, after adjusting dosages. I would just recommend to be cautious about jumping to high doses when using a new batch, because 40 mg from an old batch might be equal in strength to 30 mg from the new batch.