Terell Kirby

How to tell if your awakening is just conceptual?

26 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

I was waiting for an answer like this :D. Holy cow

@Terell Kirby Holy pig, but are you gonna do it?^^ I know, it sounds to good to be true but it's actually that simple.

I don't think that this is something that you can quantify as an experience. 

You just have to go with what feels right in the moment. 

There's really no clear boundary between concept and actual realization. 

Maybe you would discover when you see an actual change, but then often the mind forgets the previous self when it enters a new self and so you will have no exact recollection of how the change took place, it could be very swift and undetected. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

the idea of being a separate (objective) biological form is what constructs their sense of self.

Right, and notice it's definitely more than just an idea, it's an energetic experience which builds upon itself from a young age.

The amount of energy that's put into upholding this self construct isn't even fully realized until it collapses/recognized as having never been.

Energy can then move through the body with ease & without getting caught up on the very sticky 'sense of self'.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

4 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

This is a gross generalization of why people pursue enlightenment. Quite an unfair assessment really ..

Totally fair.  Enlightenment is a meaningless concept to someone who is not enlightened.  It simply means "something good" like having a Tesla or a million bucks.

Psychedelics seem to be the only thing I've found, that will experientially get you anywhere to answering your question. I second 5MeO. It quite alters the entire conceptual framework of the mind. There's no "mere concept" in that space. Reality becomes something entirely different and ineffable for that duration. So when you come down from it you'll understand the difference, and that's really the only thing you can do is distinguish that there's a difference at least quality and content wise. The Awareness "Of" remains the same.

Focus on the solution, not the problem