AndylizedAAY

I Think That Loneliness Is Ruining My Life

21 posts in this topic

I've noticed that my life has been out of balance and I think I know why. Maybe it is because I am desperately searching for something and that it is taking too much of my time. Come to think of it, YouTube is artificial way of receiving connection which is why it might be overused instead of doing the spiritual practices or the work that I am expected to do. My intuition told me to check out Teal Swan's YouTube channel so maybe that will change something if I take action on what is being said. My parents are not really the same as having an actual friend. I think that people who appear more important online will appear more important in real life so I think that it will be a mistake to ditch social media. Also, Instagram does not actually load for me properly, isn't that just reinforcing the state that I am in? Does that come first or my reality. Do my thoughts on my reality come first or reality itself?

You can do without social media, but I think most of us could use YouTube a little less lol... maybe you can find a meditation/yoga group or some other group that you share common interests with.

10 hours ago, AndylizedAAY said:

Does that come first or my reality. Do my thoughts on my reality come first or reality itself?

It's a loop

Don't ditch social media completely. 

It helps if you're feeling lonely. I would say invest a bit into hobbies. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 16/04/2022 at 7:58 AM, AndylizedAAY said:

My intuition told me to check out Teal Swan's YouTube channel so maybe that will change something if I take action on what is being said.

I've been following Teal since her first year in the business when she used to have a crinckled sheet as a background and talked about aliens a lot, she doesn't do that lately, few years ago she switched on relationships and stuck with it. I also love to see how much Leo has grown and his content moved from basic self help to complex consciousness topics. As for thoughts and reality, a good start is to consider that reality has many levels with contradicting truths on each level, think about it like the laws of physics in the water, on the surface of this planet and in the outer space, they are all true, but very, very different with massive implications for a human being. At the highest level yes, thoughts create reality, intention always precedes manifestation, but here on Earth reality is distinct from us and has a powerful say in everything. That's not to say we're powerless here, but we're very limited, and that's not a bug, it's a feature, as Leo would say ☺

Spirituality isn’t a substitute for friendship and connection with others

Work on building up your social life a bit. A great first step is to fill up your weeknights with hobbies. I do chess and jiu jitsu for example

Next good step is to go out partying at weekends and try to find others to go with

11 hours ago, something_else said:

Spirituality isn’t a substitute for friendship and connection with others

Work on building up your social life a bit. A great first step is to fill up your weeknights with hobbies. I do chess and jiu jitsu for example

I agree!

Emotional bonding with others is not a luxury, it is a necessity.

one day this will all be memories

I'd go to a depth psychotherapy

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

If your intuition is guiding you toward Teal Swan that is definitely accurate because she is amazing when it comes to understanding loneliness. You should get her book on audible— Anatomy of Loneliness. Or, you can read it. 

Regardless, I agree with you that social media and YouTube are cheap forms of connection. But they are also a good stepping stone for people who really struggle with loneliness. 

The offline vs online debate is tricky. There are scholarly articles in sociology journals about how a bigger presence online does not necessarily equate to a more extroverted or ‘important’ person offline. Because, often times, there are large amounts of ‘overcompensation’ going on in the people who are not socially superior offline (so they compensate by building their presence online). 

Thoughts and reality are one. So Instagram not loading properly for you is a hologram of yourself (your thoughts and emotions around connection). In other words, your internal reality around connection is being reflected/mirrored in the external reality of ‘Instagram’. But just because reality is reflecting and mirroring your thoughts (because they are one) does not mean they are reinforcing them, they are merely reinforcing you. That is just to say that once you change yourself, your ‘reality’ (the mirror/hologram of yourself) will change. :) 

8 hours ago, Gianna said:

Regardless, I agree with you that social media and YouTube are cheap forms of connection. But they are also a good stepping stone for people who really struggle with loneliness. 

The offline vs online debate is tricky. There are scholarly articles in sociology journals about how a bigger presence online does not necessarily equate to a more extroverted or ‘important’ person offline. Because, often times, there are large amounts of ‘overcompensation’ going on in the people who are not socially superior offline (so they compensate by building their presence online). 

@Gianna Do you think that I am cutting myself short on spirituality because social media is distracting me from loneliness? I think that this is the reason why (or at least one of the reason) why I am doing less of the spiritual practices. 

Edited by AndylizedAAY
I wanted to let Gianna know that I responded.

@AndylizedAAY You’re not really cutting yourself short on spirituality necessarily but you are cutting yourself out on a primal emotional integration, which leads to wholeness, which leads to spirituality. So in that sense yes but awakening can happen at any moment to any person because it is always self-evidently and eternally True right Now. ?

@AndylizedAAY Yeah, that's definitely very heartbreaking not having someone to love and spend time with. I would say, try tinder, you might find someone whom your heart connects with on there, then build some rapport, trust, and have a blast with that one person. You don't need to feel alone, you can reach out and find someone to love platonically, or romantically. Let's go, you got this. :x;)

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

Message deleted

Edited by AndylizedAAY
I wanted to delete my message.

When feeling lonely, there is probably a sort of assumption that you feel that way because of who is or isn't with you. What I've found is that feeling lonely is caused by thinking thoughts that are out of whack.. A efficient way to turn things around it just to reach for better feeling thoughts about the situation. If you do, you may notice the energy within yourself shifting and feeling release when you start to find better feeling thoughts

Go into shared activities. That is how most people meet other people. It is a natural way to meet people and it is not forced. Once you get the hang of it you could use the skills to meet people outside of shared activities. Probably as a child you didn’t do a lot of shared activities and you didn’t learn these skills. You can still learn them. 

In Tate we trust

Your mind is always lonely no matter how many people surround you.

@AndylizedAAY Heya, I think Teal is great. Have heard good things about the completion process. I'd check out IFS too, as well. Its v similar to Teal's approach, except there's a lot more people in the world working on it and has more of an institutional setup behind it. Teal's only one person unfortunately.

Anyhow, that's just my two cents. Hope things progress well for you

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

On 5/13/2022 at 0:17 AM, hyruga said:

Your mind is always lonely no matter how many people surround you.

But that metaphysical realization is actually amazing and mysterious and feels full not empty.

our guy here is talking about loneliness and feeling disconnected which leads to depression and possibly suicide or some kind of premature death :) not spiritual bliss

Edited by blankisomeone

On 4/20/2022 at 0:47 AM, Gianna said:

If your intuition is guiding you toward Teal Swan that is definitely accurate because she is amazing when it comes to understanding loneliness.

If his intuition is guiding him towards teal swan, I'd highly advise he proceed with extreme caution.