Hardkill

How much has the Biden administration accomplished?

74 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Like who?

Obama, Bush, Clinton. Reagan?

I will take Biden over them.

Of course virtually any Democrat or liberal would take Biden over Bush or Reagan, but I am surprised that you think that Biden is better than Clinton or Obama.

I think that Biden is above average intelligence and definitely more knowledgeable and wiser than the average American. He certainly is many times more competent than Trump and a much smarter and wiser leader than W. Bush was. Plus, he now currently holds the record of having been the most politically experienced sitting president in all of US history.

However, Clinton and Obama have more impressive intellect and were much more inspirational Presidents than Biden. My dad even thinks they came off as more savvy and more talented as leaders during their times as president than Biden is. He believes that if Obama or Clinton we’re still president in 2021 then they probably wouldn't have made the mistake that Biden has made, which was playing the “cool grandpa” by caving in to the progressives’ very liberal demands and wokeness. He definitely believes that Biden ARP stimulus was way too much and that Obama or Clinton probably would’ve never let the stimulus plan cost nearly as much as 1.9 trillion dollars. The ARP raised our national debt too much and has been estimated by a number of economists to have caused the headline inflation value to go up by about 2-2.5% more than it would have been if the ARP was much less than it was.

Edited by Hardkill

It baffles me how someone who watches Leo's content still has any doubts about Trump, or worse, tries to defend him.

It is extremely obvious that he was terrible for the US and the world. A racist, elitist fool who has basically deepened inequality, resurrected the KKK, dismissed COVID's lethality on purpose going against the best medical science, dismissed global warming going against the best environmental science, treated poor immigrants like jews in WW2, destroyed the US reputation around the world etc etc etc.

Whoever still has any doubts about his ignorance and danger for the world should seriously train more in Morality, Buddha's first and last training: https://www.mctb.org/mctb2/table-of-contents/part-i-the-fundamentals/2-morality-the-first-and-last-training/

Obama said it best about his then VP Joe Biden: “Never underestimate Joe’s ability to f*ck things up.”

Just look how Joe handled the Afghanistan situation, a galore of incompetence. Or how he’s tanking the US economy with his policies and creating major inflation. Joe also never shies away by blaming other people for his own lack of leadership. 

Not even mentioning his embarrassing public performances where he seemingly blacks out and does and says the strangest things. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Ultimately, politics and political stuff isn't satisfying at all. You are damned if you do, damned if you don't, and never will satisfy everyone in the long run. Too much polarisation.

5 hours ago, Leo Palhano said:

It baffles me how someone who watches Leo's content still has any doubts about Trump, or worse, tries to defend him.

Yeah I don't get it.

Wanting to pursue Truth while at the same time participating in politics at a very low level of consciousness makes little sense to me.

I wonder if a portion of the Trump defenders who make their way to this community are really just looking for a method of spritual bypassing that can give them a sense of meaning and purpose in their lives, without them having to actually do any inner work.

Hell, political ideologies like fascism (and to a lesser extent Conspiracy Theories) tend to be attractive to people for exactly this reason; they imbue one with some semblance of meaning and purpose without actually having to pay the emotional costs of introspecting on one's values.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

5 hours ago, vizual said:

Obama said it best about his then VP Joe Biden: “Never underestimate Joe’s ability to f*ck things up.”

Just look how Joe handled the Afghanistan situation, a galore of incompetence. Or how he’s tanking the US economy with his policies and creating major inflation. Joe also never shies away by blaming other people for his own lack of leadership. 

Not even mentioning his embarrassing public performances where he seemingly blacks out and does and says the strangest things. 

Replace Joe Biden with Trump and this post would start to make a lot more sense.

On a side note

This country seems to be following the same cyclical pattern it has for years now.

1. Republicans screw things up

2. A large enough margin of people have a brief moment of clarity and vote them out

3. A Democrat comes in and tries to fix things, but is handicapped by the Senate (whether it be from obstructionists in the GOP or Corporate Democrats (i.e Moderate Republicans))

4. People complain about the lack of progress and attribute every problem caused by the previous Republican administration on Democrats

5. Republicans take power again and screw things up so bad people vote them out again

Rinse,repeat

On 4/15/2022 at 7:20 PM, Yarco said:

I don't understand how the same person who made the 4-part conscious politics series could even say stuff like this.

I don't understand how a person can listen (and presumably absorb) a 4-part conscious politics series and still be 'extremely' right wing biased.

19 minutes ago, abundance said:

On a side note

This country seems to be following the same cyclical pattern it has for years now.

2. A large enough margin of people have a brief moment of clarity and vote them out

3. A Democrat comes in and tries to fix things, but is handicapped by the Senate (whether it be from obstructionists in the GOP or Corporate Democrats (i.e Moderate Republicans))

4. People complain about the lack of progress and attribute every problem caused by the previous Republican administration on Democrats

5. Republicans take power again and screw things up so bad people vote them out again

Rinse,repeat

This

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

20 minutes ago, abundance said:

Replace Joe Biden with Trump and this post would start to make a lot more sense.

On a side note

Rinse,repeat

Yeah pretty much.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

On 4/17/2022 at 11:58 PM, Insane butterfly said:

Why almost all presidents are above 50 years old? 

Because what they cannot do to their wife's they doing it to the country!

Lol. Younger people are more smarter than boomers. Must have an age limit to run for president.

If retiring age is 66, the same must apply for presidency.

Biden is having some serious cognitive defects right now.

The economy is tanking, food, and gas prices are up and it's ruining my life. How would Bernie help the economy if he was in there? Being a leader is all just an act, when you don't understand how the systems work, how can you be a leader. That goes for business too, being a business leader with a Business degree is ridiculous when you don't understand how any the business works. How can you lead, if you don't know how the systems work, like how does that make sense? And obviously Joseph Biden doesn't understand financial, he just understands news, and drama. He definitely needs to work on his systems thinking skills, cause he lacks that significantly. 

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

On 4/20/2022 at 8:48 AM, Leo Gura said:

Like who?

Obama, Bush, Clinton. Reagan?

I will take Biden over them.

Biden is better than Obama? Are you serious? 

9 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Biden is better than Obama? Are you serious? 

In practice he is because politics is always evolving and getting more progressive.

Obama was like anti gay marriage 15 years ago.

Progressive pressure makes Biden more progressive.

Republicans look like they're going to take back Congress again...

Which is really tragic, because the Democrats were soooooo close to passing legislation which would have granted every American eighteen year old two free years of community college, green energy research, etc... The bill died by what? Two senate votes? 'Coal Country' just wasn't having it.

I personally know people who've had to end their community college education short because funds dried out.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

52 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Republicans look like they're going to take back Congress again...

Which is really tragic, because the Democrats were soooooo close to passing legislation which would have granted every American eighteen year old two free years of community college, green energy research, etc... The bill died by what? Two senate votes? 'Coal Country' just wasn't having it.

I personally know people who've had to end their community college education short because funds dried out.

Its tragic indeed. It will be looked at as a HUGE missed opportunity years from now. If Republicans take back Congress and the presidency thereafter, we can pretty much assume nothing will get done concerning climate change. And at some point its going to hit us all like a ton of bricks that it is indeed a real crisis. We won't just know it intellectually, we'll know it viscerally as well. And people will be afraid and angry.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

In practice he is because politics is always evolving and getting more progressive.

Obama was like anti gay marriage 15 years ago.

Progressive pressure makes Biden more progressive.

Actually, it was Biden who first announced his support for gay marriage when he was Vice President, which then forced Obama to be the first sitting president to ever publicly support gay marriage. 

I worry though that the liberals, especially the progressives are pushing the Democrats too far to the left. James Carville, has said that progressives have become a liability electorally for Dems because of how much they have been pushing the Democrats to the left with he calls their “stupid wokeness.”

55 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

have been pushing the Democrats to the left with he calls their “stupid wokeness.”

Stupid wokeness DOES exist and it is a problem politically, especially optically in the culture war.

"Defund the police" is the best example of that. So is some of the extreme nonbinary gender stuff.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:58 AM, Leo Gura said:

Stupid wokeness DOES exist and it is a problem politically, especially optically in the culture war.

"Defund the police" is the best example of that. So is some of the extreme nonbinary gender stuff.

Yeah, my dad, who like you is a wise centre-left Democrat that wants society to progress as much as it is realistically possible, and I totally agree that these progressives are being so foolish with these genuinely extreme green peace ideas (not the good and necessary liberal ideas that the conservatives and Republicans have been constantly framing as “radical left”).

That’s why Biden and the Democrats from now on need to concentrate hard on messaging to the public more pragmatic centrist ideas and policies. In fact, they need to persuade the public on how they will sincerely work as hard as they can to find ways to materially improve the safety and economic situation of the people’s lives given the 40 year high inflation, possible looming recession, continual violent crime waves, and possibly reform immigration and perhaps improve national border security.

Btw, what is your take of the criticism from conservatives and even some moderates saying that Biden hasn’t been doing enough to fix the Southern border immigration issue? Or how about the criticism from the right and the very center including Manchin himself saying that Biden’s attempts to transition our country’s energy usage from coal and fossil to renewable has been happening too much and too fast because it has been contributing to inflation and further undermined our overall economy and total energy availability?

Edited by Hardkill