Manusia

How do you know if you being yourself?

23 posts in this topic

How do you know if your act and thinking is authenticly you .. Not faking, repression, conditioning, trauma, etc? 

How one aware of this?

Edited by Manusia

15 minutes ago, Manusia said:

How do you know if your act and thinking is authenticly you .. Not faking, repression, conditioning, trauma, etc? 

How one aware of this?

You have an inner smile and a sense of joy. Just by the sheer fact that you are You. 

Your heart will let you know when you are. Your mind will tell you when you are not.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

@Manusia

Investigate, through your self-awareness who you "need to be", what your values and beliefs are, and then observe your actual attitude and behaviors. 

Do they match up and they feel intuitively and morally right?

If not, there's likely a sensation within you that is telling you that you should regulate your attitude and behaviors. 

Regulate and become authentic and you will feel it. 

What's something that you know you shouldn't be doing that you have a hard time to shake? 

Sort that out and experience the positive sensation that follows. 

Repeat, over and over again and you get closer to authentic. 

Authentic is relative, there's no right or wrong that fits everyone, but we're generally pulling in the same "direction", as human nature wants us to grow. 

Watch out for fooling yourself that "wrong" is "right", ego is a sneaky bastard. 

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

There’s no hesitation or moderation of behavior. But it’s also not reactivity. 

@Manusia

I would almost say that, if you feel like being at home while being at pubic place talking to people, that is strong indicatinon that you are being yourself. To do that you need confidence which comes from not taking social situations so seriously. Being cool is all about letting go and not adding anything just to make others like you. Also you know that you are thinking authentically when it is based on your deepest desires and opinions. Seeing that requires that you have first contemplated your desires and opinions precisely. After that just act from these motivators : )

Who told you that "others" are real?

3 hours ago, Gianna said:

There’s no hesitation or moderation of behavior.

Trump. A true asshole ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

To be your true self you'd first have to realize Truth and realize Self ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Do it from your heart but also have your heart in the right place. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Trump. A true asshole ;)

hehehe:)

Let's not conflate "truth realization" and "being authentic", it just confuses the situation. 

Everyone has a need to be authentic. 

Truth realization isn't for everyone. 

Unfortunately you can be an authentic asshole. The benefit is that others can see and know that you are authentically an asshole, and they can deal with you appropriately. 

That's the "good thing" with Trump, he, at least appears not to be hiding who he is. Too impulsive to hide it. 

But who knows if he sleeps well at night. 

By contrast, a psychopath is likely authentic. If you don't have a continence for doing bad, you can't be fixed, since you're not, per that definition, broken.

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

@Manusia I play a lot of basketball, that’s my meditation in a lot of ways. Checks in with seeing if I have my rhythm.

See multiple intelligences theory. 

It’s been discredited though many models that have been discredited can still be useful.

Edited by OceanRiver

Love and Life

18 hours ago, Vincent S said:

Your heart will let you know when you are. Your mind will tell you when you are not.

@Vincent S nice take brother. Directly shot one bird in my mind. Make me connect my experience. 

18 hours ago, Eph75 said:

values and beliefs

So there is no concept of true self or true core energy if you take this value and beliefs? Because its like you make it out, not discover within. What do you think? 

14 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

@Manusia

Being cool is all about letting go and not adding anything just to make others like you. Also you know that you are thinking authentically when it is based on your deepest desires and opinions. 

@Kksd74628 I have been doing kind of retreat in past weeks.. But still with my phone and gaming. Not fully. The result was awesome, I think I lost lot of garbage that I think it 'would be' useful to me. But its not, it's not even from my independent thought. I do letting go like what say. My mind getting lighter, I don't want to engage in stupid stuff. My happiness raised. And I found what I desire, beauty. But somehow I felt weakened, my energy kind a low.. I feel not like a man. 

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

To be your true self you'd first have to realize Truth and realize Self ;)

@Leo Gura I go this path before. I found love. I found reality. I found completeness. Pure beauty. But back to the normal day, it not integrate. And do very little about.. Hey, its that what I really want? I want it but, this human need doing some 'urge' before it merge again. 

Edited by Manusia

first realize deeply you have two selves, the one you want the world to see

and the one you reveal to no one - warts wounds woes and all

ask yourself, how can i stop all this wanting the world to love this fake me

so that you can present the beautiful incarnation you're meant to be

Being fake

Ego =effort

Faking the being

Putting on a front

Overcompensating

State spiking

Button pushing

Unnatural

Forced

Reactive

Micromanaging

Stuck in your head

Second guessing

Not letting control go

Competitive

Getting high when it does work

Any result is temporary

Being real/authentic

Comfortable putting yourself out there

Relaxed

Fun

State is the default

Non-reactive

Natural

Indifferent to approval/disapproval

Comfortable in all environments

Effortless

Outside your head!!

Collaborative!!!

Any results is permanent!!!

In Tate we trust

1 hour ago, gettoefl said:

first realize deeply you have two selves, the one you want the world to see

and the one you reveal to no one - warts wounds woes and all

@gettoeflThis exactly what I discover.. you remind me that I am not crazy thinking that I have literal 2 mode of personalities. 

The wounds is so so much healed. 

What this concept come from? Is Jung? 

Edited by Manusia

7 minutes ago, Manusia said:

@gettoeflThis exactly what I discover.. Thanks you remind me that I am not crazy thinking that I have literal 2 mode of personalities. 

The wounds is so so much healed. 

What this concept come from? Is Jung? 

my experience

By no means does being authentic mean easy. It takes courage. Courage to be ourselves and not be what is expected of us, or what we think we should be to fit in and be accepted by others.

14 hours ago, Manusia said:

So there is no concept of true self or true core energy if you take this value and beliefs? Because its like you make it out, not discover within. What do you think? 

I'm not sure I fully follow but choose to interpret is into this direction:

Yes, you do make up or imagine the world based on your thoughts, which is in par with your values and beliefs. These are the product of how you think. 

Change how you think, which happens all the time to some degree, and you shift your values and beliefs. With that also shifts what is authentic.

Authentic means that we need to challenge ourselves. Into that which takes effort and where we feel resistence but know it's right. We need to invest. It's a transition into. 

In that transitioning we need to challenge ourselves to resist the urges that keep us away from being who we need to be.

Minimum effort ≠ Authentic

With great ego, comes great struggle. 

Deconstruct ego and what will be left is a reconstructed ego. We cannot be here and function without an ego. And that ego flows well with what is and authentic comes with the being with that flow. 

Edited by Eph75