Matthew85

Sustaining expanded states

31 posts in this topic

I have had several deep meditations recently where I was able to achieve very expanded states. Still having trouble sustaining them though. Why is our limited contracted state so difficult to shift? It always reasserts itself after a few hours. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. 

7 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

I have had several deep meditations recently where I was able to achieve very expanded states. Still having trouble sustaining them though. Why is our limited contracted state so difficult to shift? It always reasserts itself after a few hours. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Could you expound on your experiences?  I'd love to hear more.  ?

8 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

Let it come and let it go.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

28 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Let it come and let it go.

@Carl-Richard The expanded state feels so good though. I feel so empowered. The contrast makes the contracted finite state much less appealing. 

6 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

Because it's so deeply ingrained, I guess? I mean we've been living in that contracted state for eons, so it's likely to take a long time to unravel. And of course, the more you fight it, the more contracted you get.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@Matthew85 you are on the right track, in my POV. In my experience, everytime you want to incorporate a new state to your baseline consciousness, you have to drastically or slightly change your character, or personality to give room to new expressions of yourself. It's a though and beautiful road, isn't it?

22 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

@Carl-Richard The expanded state feels so good though. I feel so empowered. The contrast makes the contracted finite state much less appealing. 

This is one of many reasons why using higher states of consciousness to affect ordinary reality is such a necessity.

13 hours ago, Fernanda said:

It's a though and beautiful road, isn't it?

Not as tough and beautiful as you.

23 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

Given what knowledge I have relevant to this subject currently, which of course is limited. The only reliable way I know definitely to do this, is also highly dangerous. Probably one of the most dangerous ways of doing spirituality, kind of like playing with nuclear weapons. I'll find a better way in the future.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

@Matthew85

4 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Fernanda Having trouble finding the beauty in it lately. Often I feel frustrated. 

See if you can remain equanimous with that sense of dissatisfaction or frustration. If you resist and make it an enemy you will only worsen your position.

But if you can learn to be more accepting and at peace with those down moments I think you will gain insight into them and begin to resolve your dilemma. 

I find these videos very soothing to listen to. Maybe if you have something similar you can listen to when feeling down.

On 12.4.2022 at 4:46 AM, Matthew85 said:

@puporing Thank you. It doesn't always feel like a conscious choice though. I want to find a way to sustain the empowered states I access. I am sure there is a way to do this. 

this is a problematic notion. i suffered alot from that aswell.
you assert that you have control over this process but you dont.  
your growth has a certain pace, embrace it. nothing in the world will speed things up because everythings is already perfect as it is. 
you are already doing your best. meditation is not about the technique - its about diligence.
you cannot just stop the ego, you slowly and gradually get rid of him. 
think back 5 years - you had alot of it didnt you? 
but now its alot less. 
so just be patient. be diligent. dont give up. just trust this process a bit.