Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Iverson

Who is here practicing using imagination? Tell me of that is more powerful

3 posts in this topic

I'm curious if it can truly enhance you more than physically practicing it or actually doing it. What is your experience about doing it for years of using it as a way of practice? 

@John Iverson

18 hours ago, John Iverson said:

I'm curious if it can truly enhance you more than physically practicing it or actually doing it. What is your experience about doing it for years of using it as a way of practice? 

Are you referring to visualizations and positive affirmations? If so, yes doing those practices can buildup skills over time. For example, shadow boxing helps build offensive and defensive skills, if your imagination and memory of seeing, hearing and feeling those movements are as close to actual reality as possible, meaning that you can get a more better punch or better at adjusting guards or slips or footwork, all in combination. I would refer this type of visualization and affirmations related to it as specific, simulation visualization, because you are mentally rehearsing an action. At fiest I was bad with shadow boxing because I'm less kinesthetic and more visual and auditory,but after some time of consistent practice, I can nap and spar with imaginary partners.

Also, imagination of an ideal outcome or a big achievement can generate motivation, like seeing your ideal body after a workout. Or after visualizing writing a book, now see bigger and see yourself signing autographs at a library, with a line of people happy to see you. If I'm struggling with a specific technique in writing or drawing, I visualise doing the technique fully with my senses repeatedly, then practice a few times in the real world.

On 12/04/2022 at 7:16 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@John Iverson

Are you referring to visualizations and positive affirmations? If so, yes doing those practices can buildup skills over time. For example, shadow boxing helps build offensive and defensive skills, if your imagination and memory of seeing, hearing and feeling those movements are as close to actual reality as possible, meaning that you can get a more better punch or better at adjusting guards or slips or footwork, all in combination. I would refer this type of visualization and affirmations related to it as specific, simulation visualization, because you are mentally rehearsing an action. At fiest I was bad with shadow boxing because I'm less kinesthetic and more visual and auditory,but after some time of consistent practice, I can nap and spar with imaginary partners.

Also, imagination of an ideal outcome or a big achievement can generate motivation, like seeing your ideal body after a workout. Or after visualizing writing a book, now see bigger and see yourself signing autographs at a library, with a line of people happy to see you. If I'm struggling with a specific technique in writing or drawing, I visualise doing the technique fully with my senses repeatedly, then practice a few times in the real world.

Wow great i aappriciate your effort to really mae this one for me. I love you! Thanks it means alot i owe you my success someday