Jahmaine

Can psychedelics take you beyond rainbow body enlightenment?

11 posts in this topic

So rainbow body enlightenment is supposedly the highest level of enlightenment achieve in dzogchen Tibetan Buddhism. I asked on here a couple years ago whether psychedelics could make you achieve it, the conclusion was no it can't. I'm now asking whether Psychedelics can take you to an experience beyond it (even if it's temporarily) - I ask this mainly because of Leo claiming that he has had experiences that he knows is beyond all others, so genuinely I'm just curious at the stance now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_body

https://www.motmag.com/awakeandaware/2017/8/5/rainbow-body-phenomenon-the-greatest-level-of-attainable-consciousness

https://www.gaia.com/article/rainbow-body-101-everything-you-didnt-know

Edited by Jahmaine

Sounds like spiritual ego is on the hunt for some "special rainbow enlightenment". 

The wording is not important. Awakening is absolute and can be achieved with psychedelics and open mindedness. 

21 minutes ago, Vynce said:

Sounds like spiritual ego is on the hunt for some "special rainbow enlightenment". 

The wording is not important. Awakening is absolute and can be achieved with psychedelics and open mindedness. 

On point ??

@Jahmaine Let go of these labels and strip your mind clean. And Truth will be revealed.  

Dont want to sound arrogant at all, but these fancy names from traditions are laced with ego games, unfortunately. Some do get out of that game, but watch out for these Buddhist traps of attainments.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

This forum is so dead, you lot can't have an open discussion without coming with your presuppositions and telling me what you think I should do, straight forward question and you lot give me your silly answers. I care not why you think I'm asking and what you think I should do. If you dont have the answer then don't respond. @Vynce @Vincent S

Psychedelics can show you the possibility but it would never be stabilized. Dzogchen masters unanimously recommend practice for this very reason. Dzogchen is interesting in that it’s totally non-dual, liberation from the very beginning, but yet rigorous practice is the path all the way through. 

10 minutes ago, Jahmaine said:

This forum is so dead, you lot can't have an open discussion without coming with your presuppositions and telling me what you think I should do, straight forward question and you lot give me your silly answers. I care not why you think I'm asking and what you think I should do. If you dont have the answer then don't respond. @Vynce @Vincent S

Fair enough ??

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

@Jahmaine I share your view on meaningless comments from users, who want to repeat their non-dual paradigm just for the sake of it.

52 minutes ago, Jahmaine said:

If you dont have the answer then don't respond.

However, I do know the answer and therefore responded: 

1 hour ago, Vynce said:

Awakening is absolute and can be achieved with psychedelics and open mindedness. 

I apologize, if my framing was a little too arrogant. Loving awakening to you ;)

As far as I know, rainbow body and enlightenment are two different things. 

You could have a rainbow body without enlightenment, or be enlightened without a rainbow body.

Enlightenment is about higher consciousness. Rainbow body is about transmutation of the physical body.

I guess it is possible to achieve the rainbow body with psychedelics, but that would require very regular and deep tripping, but it's still unlikely, because psychedelics are not the best tool for that. Psychedelics are for awakening. 

Everything is a state of consciousness, with infinite states to explore. Psychedelics show you different states. So the chances of you taking a psychedelic and being able to ping yourself at or past rainbow would be nearly impossible to make that decrement, unless you at least already recognize what state rainbow would be like. Rainbow seems to be another interpretation of the "Infinite State" which psychedelics obviously can take you, But you do not stay there, where as Rainbow seems to be a state that one remains, seeing as the physical body is pretty much gone. So in theory it seems possible to temporarily glimpse a similar state especially if you imagine it to be so for your reality but psychedelic's always bring your body back. So i would say No to fully achieving rainbow through psychedelics. Maybe you could be the first person to try doing it?

Edited by Kamo

Focus on the solution, not the problem

They say to obtain rainbow body, 100% of your thoughts must be directed towards either not being there or love, light and compassion.

The Tibetans certainly must be using the meditative techniques given to them by Padmasambhava, in exclusion of any other, so their mind stays focused on this result.

Many people speak of densities when determining the level of God realization experienced. Rainbow Body is like a fully embodied 5th density state (non-physical plane of overwhelming wisdom/light)

5-meo-DMT is the most expansive psychedelic we currently have access to.
What I am about to say, is just a made up model of what isn't at all, the actuality, but we have been told, that we can reach upper experiences of  6th and 7th density, and on some rare occasions a bit of the lower 8th density with 5-meo DMT.  6th density is said to be the experience of the higher self. 7th— the experience of the oversoul and infinity. 8th density is the next octave, and there is little point talking about it, because we barely even have the language for anything beyond 5th.

But, the idea is that the psychedelic only allows you a glimpse, because maintaining such a state would take greater understanding of everything that preceded it.

Edited by Rokazulu

Yes definitely. Psychedelics have so much dynamic and depth, it's beyond beyond beyond...

To me spiritual practice is just to produce the God in you

I still think practice is good, but psychedelics have impacted by life to a profound degree. I do the spiritual practice naturally on psychedelics. 

Edited by SgtPepper