Eternal Unity

Sleep, Coffee, Pills.

15 posts in this topic

How to mix them effectively?

The pills are for anxiety - taking them twice a week.

Coffee - everyday 3 cups + 1 black usually, sometimes less...

It seems like I'm working against myself, no? Conflict of interests.

Sleep, however, is my main issue. I sleep 12 h at least. Some times I don't sleep at all for over 30 hours.

A combination of these scenarios can produce an awakening. That's at least been my experience for some years now.

If anyone has productive advice how to not get out of balance, I'll be glad to hear it.

Thanks,

Greg.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

@Benton thanks for the advice.

I think I go 1 black coffee in the morning and 1 at around 2PM and that's it.

Sleep will acclimatize to body.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

What pills do you take? Self-medication or prescribed? 

And yes, caffeine can induce/enhance anxiety, 3 cups every day almost certainly will for most people who suffer from anxiety. Switch to high quality green tea, replace your coffee intake gradually. You don't have to quit drinking coffee altogether if you don't want to miss out on it of course. Look up "Sencha", it's my absolute favorite green tea. Make sure to get some real Sencha, not this bagged garbage tea from the grocery store, real Japanese (or Chinese, but Japanese is better still), dark green, needle-shaped leaves. Sencha (basically all green tea) contains L-Theanine, it helps to smooth out the high-like effect of caffeine. Dial down your caffeine intake as a whole though, it's not helpful if you have trouble sleeping. 

Do you work out? (Furiously) working out helps with anxiety (a lot) and with falling asleep. 

Wouldn't sacrifice my health for whatever awakening you think you're getting after 2 days of insomnia and 3 cups of coffee. 

Stop taking caffeine and your sleep will greatly improve.

However, in the beginning you have to expect potentially heavy withdrawl-symptoms for at least 1 month. So it isn't easy, but it's worth it imo. I have done it.

Sleepquality improves a lot without caffeine intake. Also you should need less time sleeping to be more awake after you quit.

Good luck my friend!

@StudentX @Michael Jackson

Thank you both!

Have you ever tried not having coffee for a month or two? I found that caffeine gives me anxiety even in small doses. 

15 hours ago, Eternal Unity said:

Sleep, however, is my main issue. I sleep 12 h at least. Some times I don't sleep at all for over 30 hours.

Sleeping 12 hours sometimes and skipping 30 others? That is quite unregulated and probably detrimental to your performance. That lack of sleep could also be a big factor in your anxiety. 

I would stop consuming coffee before 12pm. That would be a good first start if you are struggling with sleep.

What about your sleep is the problem? Can you not fall asleep? 

Moved to health section

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Moved to health section

Right. More appropriate.

@Eternal Unity

You are conscious of two factors (and shared them here) which affect your sleep, but in reality there are 10 more you are currently unaware of.

So know you tweak these two variables discarding the other 8, your results will be accordingly.

Got me? Need to dig deeper into it. A side effect of caffeine is anxiety btw, esp. when youre drinking coffee which is mold contaminated. 
So youre doing crazy stuff with your health atm, would not recommend going on like this (no med. advice)

Problem with pharmaceuticals is once you have consistent blood levels of them, you might become dependent. So its not even safe anymore to do a hard reset.  So therefore I would not advice this

Buy some L-Theanine and take it with the coffee in the morning, stick to one morning coffee (with or after breakfast not first thing) and drink more fluids with fructose and some vitamins (e.g. honey water with lemon juice)

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

@UDT thanks

@Eternal Unity I think black coffee is really bad if you want good sleep and a balanced schedule. 

I'd say cut down that coffee. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India thanks for the advice!

@Eternal Unity  I'd start by replacing coffee with tea. It causes way less anxiety.

Then once you're comfortable there, you can look at maybe taking 1 pill a day instead of 2.

Ideally, the best way to feel great, make the most progress and sleep well is to take nothing on a daily basis, but there can be good reasons for why that's not immediately a good idea.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy Good ideas, thanks