Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Julian gabriel

The Desire to be Famous

8 posts in this topic

There is a part of me that strongly desires fame.  Just to be seen, given a lot of attention. 

This seems to be really common for kids who grew up online. 

I got a lot of validation at a young age on social media for the way I look and got addicted to it. 

I tried deleting all social media to stop myself from seeking the attention, but years later the desire to be seen still follows me around.

How do I get over this obsession?

"I've seen what makes you cheer". People are stupid. Their opinions don't mean anything. 

Bro Julian, don't curb desires to be famous. Go for fame if that's what you want.

You should cultivate your ego.

Edited by hyruga

I used to have this

still do but I’m realizing fame is like empty calories 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Many famous people warn us that fame does nothing for one's happiness. Lao Tzu as well, gave us indication that it was a fruitless endeavor.
However, knowing this, does not satiate my desire for it either. I notice that a bit of fame (wouldn't need much at all) would allow me to have more material freedom in my life. Though, I have also tried quitting social media, and even deleting most of my creative endeavors so that I would not become obsessed with the idea, but it just caused me to feel worse about my situation. Truly, connection is always needed. No one can stand alone in a hermitage for very long (unless they have esoteric ways of communicating to others)

So be at peace with your desire. Know that you can't expect your actions to grant you any more or less attention than another, but at the same time, do your best in what you do so that you can improve who your are and as a side effect, some ounce of fame may occur.

Edited by Rokazulu

With fame also come a lot of blunders and problems.

Best is to not to be attached to fame.

This need exists in you to fill a void.

Fix that void and you won't have this urge.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Maybe think about why you desire fame? What do you think you will gain form it? Love? Respect? Validation? Chances are you want fame for a deeper reason.

Also in my mind there's nothing particularly wrong with perusing fame. Sometimes you have to "burn through karma" as Leo puts it.

Edited by Ninja_pig

there is the good fame and the bad

if you are using image to put yourself on a pedestal to garner adulation and wealth, you are using empty trickery and nefariously enslaving people ... and you yourself are suffering in this smoke and mirrors fantasy and so are all your followers ... such a lifestyle is on a par with prostitution and is is about as far from conscious as a person can get ... fame and happiness are incompatible, it is pure acting

if on the other hand you have something to contribute to humanity, get on that stage already and make yourself seen