Daniel347

How can i introduce my depressed mom to psychedelics/ketamine?

8 posts in this topic

My mom is depressed due to an event that happened few years ago (break down of over 20 years relationship) 
right now she uses zoloft and a lot of other sedatives to help her sleep.

we live in a country that even mentioning drugs is unwise, every psychedelic is banned and possesing one will get you to prison for over 10 years. Also because of mass propaganda noone understands how helpful psychedelics/ ketamine can be for depression. 
I really wanna help my mom and i read that ketamine can be very helpful. But she is very againgst drugs thinking there is no difference between acid and opiats...
what should i do ?

Sneak it in her soup. 

I'm just kidding don't do that.

I don't really know... My parents are the same and have a hard stance. 

All I can do is accept where they're at.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

3 hours ago, Daniel347 said:

My mom is depressed due to an event that happened few years ago (break down of over 20 years relationship) 
right now she uses zoloft and a lot of other sedatives to help her sleep.

we live in a country that even mentioning drugs is unwise, every psychedelic is banned and possesing one will get you to prison for over 10 years. Also because of mass propaganda noone understands how helpful psychedelics/ ketamine can be for depression. 
I really wanna help my mom and i read that ketamine can be very helpful. But she is very againgst drugs thinking there is no difference between acid and opiats...
what should i do ?

live by example. Transform your life, take psychedelics yourself, responsibly, grow, become someone that can lead by embodiment, and show her its possible.

Also.

Become well versed in the common doubts and fears of psychedelics, and understand deeply WHY she doesn't want to. try to understand the pressures she feels not to, the years of indoctrination she's been through. Have hope, but if she doesn't want it, you cant force it on her.

Welcome, to the authenticity evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMc_MGhRl-1t3MoV36uG1A

Truly depends on how much of an 'opening' you think they have. Mine has such a hard stance that they may actually harm me if I revealed such matters and it's just not worth it. If yours has a bit of opening and you feel like it's at least safe to casually bring up it might be worth a shot.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@Benton unfortunately the only clinics we have are for treating ketamine addiction ?

@Daniel347 you can never give her. She will think yo drug her. 

Go to a Clinic with her. In canada and USA look for numinus wellness, a company that legaly treats Patient with Depression and ptsd in their Clinics with psychedelics like psilocybin ketamin and so on. They are quite succesful 

tell her to watch a documentary called magical medicine, where they treat depressed people with mushrooms.

Those thoughts and feelings she is having towards psychedelics are very deeply conditioned into her personality, and it will probably be a huge part of her psychedelic experience, taking her on spins of more negativity. That's always possible. You generally want to feel a very safe container in order for psychedelics to be effective. 

I don't know the quality of mental health services in your country, but generally, you want to find a good therapist first and foremost and trust that that path can help as powerfully as a psychedelic. There are very competent therapists out there. You want to find someone with a lot of life experience, preferably someone who also does somatic therapy. You don't have to stick the first one you go to, you can try many and pick the one who resonates the most. 

Psychedelics can be helpful as well, but if the barrier is so high, your energy might be best spent exploring alternative approaches which are more realistic and accessible.