thisintegrated

What has been your experience with mods/admins in general?

40 posts in this topic

I had bad experiences where mod bans for minor thing and doesnt care... in this case times you out for 20min then if you want a clarification why he did it he adds another 20min just for me asking about it, it can really be awful ?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Never had any problems

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

In my experience, Actualized.org is an incredibly great and useful platform in general because of Leo's content and the information shared on the forum.

Everyone knows I'm no angel, but the worst thing about actualized is its moderation team. They can be and do a lot better, imo.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

So far, my experience on this forum has been pretty bad - I saw admins abusing their power in bad ways, one example was @NoSelfSelf... I called something wrong out on a post he made and he told me to "watch out with my tone" even though I didn't even say anything mean...

For reference:

Edited by Michael Jackson

@Michael Jackson You know what you doing but you think we dont know and you are acting like nothings happening so ignore that and keep on going stop replying and making a drama out of nothing and we cool...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Michael Jackson This is not another dogpiling thread. Keep it to "mods/admins in general".

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Michael Jackson

What do you mean? I see very few problems related to admin or the mods in general in this forum. Me and several others here were treated more fairly than any other forums out there.

My experience is good. I recognize everyone is human here, the possibility for misunderstanding, so I try to be clear and forgiving when communicating.

Edited by SgtPepper

On 12/04/2022 at 4:34 AM, Roy said:

I'd have to get some feedback from you guys but I think I'm doing a decent job since I haven't received any hate mail xD I try to have a light touch and only hand out warnings/delete stuff when it's explicitly harmful or violating a posted rule.

I also pay attention not to visit when I'm in certain emotional states, as I'm only human and could conflict with my judgement.

Bold of you to post on my thread after giving me warning points..

Edited by thisintegrated

On 12/04/2022 at 5:37 AM, SgtPepper said:

My experience is good. I recognize everyone is human here, the possibility for misunderstanding, so I try to be clear and forgiving when communicating.

We'll see if you still say "it's ok, we're all only human" after you get banned because a mod was in a bad mood.

Sending some love to all the mods. Modding a place is very tough. 

Tougher than any job. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

We'll see if you still say "it's ok, we're all only human" after you get banned because a mod was in a bad mood.

:) This isn't my first online forum or group. I think I haven't had any problems because I have learned how to conduct myself over the years. but I hear you, getting banned sucks. I think the warning point system is pretty good, and I think it takes 20 points to get banned? that's quite a lot of warnings. 

I'm pretty sure most of the most here do it for good reasons. Although there definitely could be exceptions (I'm not here that often so idk). In fact I'm 99% sure there are exceptions by reading these posts.

My perspective is that a person who's into self actualization should find the idea of getting "power" from becoming a moderator pretty ridiculous. If someone needs to feed of that miniscule power moderating gives you then they definitely don't even have their base needs in check.

People should become moderators only if they care about a cause and want to help.

6 hours ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Yeah I just kinda don’t act like a jackass, so I don’t really have any issues.  

Did you just call other people jackasses?!?!?

10 warning points to you!

2 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

I'm pretty sure most of the most here do it for good reasons. Although there definitely could be exceptions (I'm not here that often so idk). In fact I'm 99% sure there are exceptions by reading these posts.

My perspective is that a person who's into self actualization should find the idea of getting "power" from becoming a moderator pretty ridiculous. If someone needs to feed of that miniscule power moderating gives you then they definitely don't even have their base needs in check.

People should become moderators only if they care about a cause and want to help.

I agree, but how common are heated debates on a forum like this?  If you're both being equally rude to each other, the mod has the upper hand.

In addition, mods are usually more integrated into the community, and are more likely to have good social skills (if they were picked to be mod), and thus are more likely to gain support from the community in any conflict.

10 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

Did you just call other people jackasses?!?!?

10 warning points to you!

xD Haha

On 09/04/2022 at 5:09 AM, itachi uchiha said:

i got attacked by an admin becuase i hurt his ego. i put some  controvorsial advice to help some guy on a discord server and one of the admin didnt like it . he atttacked me and all the guys joined to his side , started simping and attacked me.i noticed that in another discord server all the guys kiss the ass of the higher up ranked guy and if that higher up guy attack u then all of them team up and kiss his ass and start to attack u

Honestly you have some very controversial opinions and often express them confidently as though they are fact. That’s not necessarily bad but you can’t then complain when people fight back against you

@thisintegrated I was a mod in a few gaming communities and there was usually a decent amount of drama with mods, it’s unavoidable. However I actually really enjoyed being a mod and it felt like it developed my personality/maturity quite a lot

I don’t think it’s necessarily bad to enjoy the power. It made me feel good, I enjoyed getting to make decisions about other people. Ultimately you want people in these positions who enjoy their job and the power it gives them, but not to take it too seriously in the sense that they become obsessed with following every rule to the letter and being power hungry bastards

A good description I’ve heard of who you want as mods are people who are Neutral Good in the D&D system