K Ghoul

Leaving the forum

52 posts in this topic

* sees evidence *

Ah, I see.  You're right, that's abuse and language like this is not normally tolerated here.  Hello needs some warning points at least.  I think Hello's just a kid who feels hate towards Russia and foolishly attributes those feelings to Russians.  If you wanna leave that's fine, but he's just a dumb kid.  You'll have to learn to ignore such people sooner or later.

Abuse like this is very rare on this forum.  Arrogance and immaturity from other members are really the only problems you're ever likely to encounter here with any regularity.

Edited by thisintegrated

@Leo Gura should really look into this thread.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

11 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

That doesn't make the forum Russian. 

In fact there are more people from your country than from Russia 

??

Maybe you're right, but you can still view it as a Russian forum as, in a way, it is. Funny to think of it this way?‍♂️

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

has their nationality got to do with anything

Seriously you need to stop making these simplifications, they were actively mocking Ukraine’s war situation. That is why you see people responding in such a way, nothing at all to do with their nationality. 

Edited by no_name

35 minutes ago, no_name said:

Seriously you need to stop making these simplifications, she was actively pro-war and mocking Ukraine’s situation 

You are mixing two things here. 

The following two statements are totally different from each other 

Statement 1-  She is a Russian national and Russia is in the war so she needs to be attacked 

Statement 2 -  She attacked Ukraine or her opinion on Ukraine was not welcome so she needs to be attacked. 

The attack on her had not a single mention on Ukraine or the war or her position on the war. It was a simple attack on her nationality as a Russian, she was being mocked because Russia is in the war. There was nothing additional there. 

You gave those reasons but users didn't give such reasons 

There is always a high probability that people can be heavily biased against Russians due to the war situation which is understandable yet not reasonable since the war is between countries and Russians have nothing to do with it, given how little  government control they already have. 

Also if someone is pro-Russian, they are pro-Russian and aren't they entitled to support their country if they belong to that nation? We can always have the debate over national loyalty versus humanity but we can cut slack for people who support their own country, their own survival might be hinged on it. 

It's best to reserve judgment about a person's intent, we never know what their situation is. 

If I were to talk against my country openly in public I might land in jail. 

This is a deeply complicated matter and people are supposed to pick their loyalties and this can often lead to confusion ranging from identity, nationality, humanitarian concerns, past history of both nations, personal security. There is an awful lot at stake here. 

If my country was in war, I doubt I would actually go against my country, I would never know if the country has employed 24/7 spies to watch my back who are ready to throw me in jail for even the slightest breach of loyalty, Russia is ruled by a dictator. 

In my opinion, a person who is Ukrainian is expected to support Ukraine, goes without saying. A person who is Russian might have a pro - Russian stance. This is not surprising at all, most people are conformists, especially when they come from a dictatorial regime, that's how they will be programmed. The people who rebel against their own country or regime are generally the minority. 

Demonizing a person for holding a polarized opinion especially taking into consideration their nationality sounds ignorant to me, because we are not in their shoes, we don't know what psychological conflict they are dealing with. 

What I want to say is that there are many factors at play here and it's not as simple as "if you love Russia then you are a bad person." 

At the end of the day, what we are doing is character judgement and often character judgements are purely the product of our own cognitive biases and shadows we project on others. We don't know someone fully so we really don't know how their minds operate. If someone personally attacked you, then I would definitely not tell you to not judge because that would be equivalent of invalidation of your own feelings. But judging someone based on their general opinions seems to be too reductionist to me, how do we exactly know, especially when it comes to politics, what events past or present shaped their opinions. 

Edited by Preety_India

35 minutes ago, no_name said:

Seriously you need to stop making these simplifications, they were actively mocking Ukraine’s war situation. That is why you see people responding in such a way, nothing at all to do with their nationality. 

If you’re referring to the Ukrainian flag mock post that I made - at the time I thought Pedro and Hello1234 was the same person, and given the lack of support that I got in terms of mods/Leo addressing my report about me being harassed I decided to take the matter in my own hands and lashed out. Other than that one post there is nothing that is mocking or provocative about my political stance other than it being in disagreement with the position that Ukraine supporters hold.

Edited by K Ghoul

survival cannot be seperated from geo politics . as result everyone will be biased. i do not understand why there exist a political section in a self improvement forum.leo should remove the politics section . or make a seperate section for russian sided people. asian and african geo politics is completely opposite to western geo politics. 

9 hours ago, K Ghoul said:

If you’re referring to the Ukrainian flag mock post that I made - at the time I thought Pedro and Hello1234 was the same person, and given the lack of support that I got in terms of mods/Leo addressing my report about me being harassed I decided to take the matter in my own hands and lashed out. Other than that one post there is nothing that is mocking or provocative about my political stance other than it being in disagreement with the position that Ukraine supporters hold.

That is highly debatable. There was no need for you to say things like “Ukraine’s 5 minutes of fame is ending”, it’s like saying that Jews got their 5 minutes of fame during the Holocaust. 

Anyways, I don’t think this post really was about you leaving, if so, I recommend that you finally do leave. All the best. 

I do agree with @Yarco, I don’t see why these goodbye posts are allowed.

Edited by no_name

1 hour ago, no_name said:

That is highly debatable. There was no need for you to say things like “Ukraine’s 5 minutes of fame is ending”, it’s like saying that Jews got their 5 minutes of fame during the Holocaust. 

If you don’t see how the West has exploited/chewed Ukraine up and is now spitting it out - that’s you not being able to see the big picture and appreciate the depth of what that statement conveys, not me being provocative.

The goodbye post was needed for me to have a sense of closure- if you don’t like me saying goodbyes, you are free to just not view it. There is no mentioning in the forum guidelines that user would not be allowed to make an exit post, so I’m not sure what it is exactly that you have a problem with.

Edited by K Ghoul

12 hours ago, Preety_India said:

simply because they are Russian. 

Wanted just to clarify. One's nationality doesn't mean shit for me. For me,It does not matter where are  you  from: Burundi, Seychelles or Russia. what does matter though is , calling an entire nation  "Nazis", making fun of a country that was a the victim of an agressive invasion, as well as spreading misinformation while the nation you poked fun of is being genocided. My  parting gift, was a reminder of what russian "liberating" presence means, given the fact that this person defends it. I recommend you watch both videos. The first is reading of  the memoirs of a  decorated soviet soldier. Start at 9.00 minute. The second video is a video from Checynea. What happened to a muslin family. Watch it, it is informative. 

21 minutes ago, pedro23 said:

Wanted just to clarify. One's nationality doesn't mean shit for me. For me,It does not matter where are  you  from: Burundi, Seychelles or Russia. what does matter though is , calling an entire nation  "Nazis", making fun of a country that was a the victim of an agressive invasion, as well as spreading misinformation while the nation you poked fun of is being genocided. My  parting gift, was a reminder of what russian "liberating" presence means, given the fact that this person defends it. I recommend you watch both videos. The first is reading of  the memoirs of a  decorated soviet soldier. Start at 9.00 minute. The second video is a video from Checynea. What happened to a muslin family. Watch it, it is informative. 

Are you trying to show that only Russian soldiers act brutally in wars and commit war crimes, rapes and murders? And if they were soldiers of another nation in the same situation it would be different? Isn't that very naive? 

And by the way what's the point of telling people here to watch videos in Russian that don't have any translation?

Edited by T_i_m

13 minutes ago, pedro23 said:

nonsensical, as always (good job)  

10 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Leo Gura should really look into this thread.

Ukrainian ultranationalists must have hacked into his brain and it is now compromised 

14 hours ago, Yarco said:

Can we just make "goodbye" posts against the rules already, and ban people who make them.

Otherwise I'm going to start a "Quit the forum and came back" shame list in my signature of everybody who has quit and tally how many times each has quit and returned.

It's fucking embarrassing for a supposedly high-consciousness forum, that when you leave you either need to throw a temper tantrum on the way out or get pats on the back. It's the internet, just go.

Everytime I read your comments, you either criticize or suggest to ban someone/a group of people who do xyz. ?

Maybe if you were mod you could do what you please, but rn you are not so...

Fill your soul with a little bit of love, since we're supposedly on "Self-development" forum as you said... Being silently resentful won't help better yourself lol

1 minute ago, somegirl said:

Everytime I read your comments, you either criticize or suggest to ban someone/a group of people who do xyz. ?

Maybe if you were mod you could do what you please, but rn you are not so...

Fill your soul with a little bit of love, since we're supposedly on "Self-development" forum as you said... Being silently resentful won't help better yourself lol

His comments are extremely critical, harsh and insensitive and keeps projecting an awful amount of shit on people without putting the effort to get to know them. It's very distressing. I have made several references to this guy's unloving insensitive behavior on the forum but to no avail. 

I am surprised his comments are tolerated here given their judgmental nature. 

He never forgets to comment on me and usually some hateful projecting nonsense. 

I tell him to stop talking about me. But he doesn't stop. 

There is a line of decency he is crossing. 

@thisintegrated

On another note, this debate of Leo being russian, therefore this is "russian forum", and he is biased etc... So anyone who has close relations to Russia has no validity because they are russian, just because of current situation...

Grow the f up ya'll.

I can't believe people have this simplified way of looking at life as things were black and white... Especially on a forum who attracts people who supposedly want to better themselves.