alhhany

Weird: Women and Spirituality

33 posts in this topic

I've just had this question:

Weird humm, Why don't we see Women Masters, Zen/Buddhist Masters, (or some mojo/ rupert spira, Leo WOMEN) even in Islam, Only men are allowed to be Imams!

(or they are out there, but I don't see them!) (or gender is a social construct! hhhh )

What's your point?

Because you're creating a world like that ?. (I'm half joking).

People don't want to take a biological woman seriously, because that may actually change the way society operates and redistribute power. It's part of the conditioning and lack of women role models fuels this bias.

Lack of allies, women are more controlled than allowed to be individual/independent thinkers. They're expected to follow a predetermined path (ie become mothers) as the only valid way to manifest. From early on by her parents (usually the mother) and family systems, who generally cannot tolerate daughters having too much autonomy.

For a woman to awaken to this they have to embrace the masculine side to an extent or another, the opposite of what they're taught to survive and/or be accepted and loved, so there's alot of self-inflicted bias as well. They may have to forgo romantic relationships (or at least much of it) as a result of this and that's pretty radical for most people to want. (Don't think either Teal Swan or Marianne Williamson have long term partners currently at least not public).

Having more fragile body and dealing with bodily differences in general probably doesn't help either. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

it's because they have no trouble getting laid

3 minutes ago, alhhany said:

@T_i_m  Smelling Incel

smell better :)

A good spiritual/ non-duality teacher that comes to mind is Anna Brown:

https://www.youtube.com/c/AnnaBrown

I am fairly certain that there are more "awakened" or "enlightened" women in the world than men (because women tend to have a better connection to their emotions and inner life). But there are more well-known spiritual male teachers than females because to explain these complex experiences you have to spend a lot of time logically dissecting reality, or as Leo likes to call it, "deconstruct reality". This is a very tedious, purely logical pursuit that many "enlightened" women probably won't even bother with (because you cannot communicate the deepest awakenings anyway).

This is also true to Anna Brown's teaching: She isn't trying to explain Enlightenment to your ego, she is trying to tickle your consciousness directly.

Inherent value = no inherent need to gain value

Women have inherent value in society.  The dumbest, laziest woman will still automatically have value.  Women don't need to prove anything to anyone.  Their ability to give birth automatically secures their place in society.

Men, however, must earn their value.  Their lack of inherent value is what motivates them to achieve things.

People are judged on how well they fulfill the role expected of them.  As all women automatically have a "woman's role", they are judged on this.  They are not judged on anything else.  Men are judged on everything else, as so become spiritual leaders and whatnot.  It would be unfair / unbalanced if women started with value greater than men's AND had the same level of competency / power / potential as men.  It's either high starting stats, but fixed, or low starting starts, but dynamic.  Can't have both.

Edited by thisintegrated

3 minutes ago, Bow24 said:

A good spiritual/ non-duality teacher that comes to mind is Anna Brown:

https://www.youtube.com/c/AnnaBrown

I am fairly certain that there are more "awakened" or "enlightened" women in the world than men (because women tend to have a better connection to their emotions and inner life). But there are more well-known spiritual male teachers than females because to explain these complex experiences you have to spend a lot of time logically dissecting reality, or as Leo likes to call it, "deconstruct reality". This is a very tedious, purely logical pursuit that many "enlightened" women probably won't even bother with (because you cannot communicate the deepest awakenings anyway).

This is also true to Anna Brown's teaching: She isn't trying to explain Enlightenment to your ego, she is trying to tickle your consciousness directly.

A potential counter-point to this though is that men / masculinity is more mission and purpose oriented than the feminine.  I would speculate that in terms of "seekers", anyway, that there are quite a few more men driven to reach enlightenment.  I could be very wrong, but this makes sense to me.

On Youtube: Teal Swan (1.1M subs), Christina Lopes (495k subs)

Historical: Mother Theresa, Catherine The Great, Madame Blavatsky, Jane Roberts.

Definitely less than men, but they're out there. When you get into more of a wicca/witchcraft side of things it's generally 80%+ women. Lots of 100k sub female wicca channels out there.

46 minutes ago, Yarco said:

Historical: Mother Theresa, Catherine The Great, Madame Blavatsky, Jane Roberts.

Definitely less than men, but they're out there. When you get into more of a wicca/witchcraft side of things it's generally 80%+ women. Lots of 100k sub female wicca channels out there.

What Catherine The Great has to do with Spirituality?

1 hour ago, Yarco said:

lol, most of these are Green or Blue.

Teal Swan is a good example of pure Green.

14 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Teal Swan is a good example of pure Green.

She seems pretty damaged- I examined few of her videos, one where she’s claiming that BDSM is a healing practice. In some other video she talks about some power stones that promote healing. Then some other video about veganism and how it promotes- again - healing.

I notice an interesting correlation -people who are drawn to studying psychology, for example, are often the ones who are struggling with some inner demons themselves and are looking or ways to understand and help their own selves first and foremost. And it’s often the same with people who are positioning themselves as spiritual teachers and practitioners who are on the journey of finding love and healing themselves and are often very removed from the inner peace that they are trying to project outward and teach it to others. Just an observation.

1 minute ago, K Ghoul said:

She seems pretty damaged- I examined few of her videos, one where she’s claiming that BDSM is a healing practice. In some other video she talks about some power stones that promote healing. Then some other video about veganism and how it promotes- again - healing.

I notice an interesting correlation -people who are drawn to studying psychology, for example, are often the ones who are struggling with some inner demons themselves and are looking or ways to understand and help their own selves first and foremost. And it’s often the same with people who are positioning themselves as spiritual teachers and practitioners who are on the journey of finding love and healing themselves and are often very removed from the inner peace that they are trying to project outward and teach it to others. Just an observation.

tbh I'm surprised she's not talking about the illuminati injecting 5G into everyone's veins or something..

A lot of spiritual practices have historically prohibited women from participating or saw spirituality as mainly a male only thing because of this notion that men are the only ones who are concious and rational. And while that has been a significant amount of progress over the years, I'm sure that the legacy of that history still continues in the form of notions such as "we can't trust women, they are hysterical."

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

Emotionality brings you closer to spirituality. 

Extreme spiritual experiences can also lead to psychosis. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 hours ago, Benton said:

How can you tell the difference?

That's a hard thing. 

Just like you can't tell the difference between a real flower and a fake flower from far. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Because masculinity runs the world.  You just have to take a look at this forum to see the way women are viewed/treated, not just in society but also in spiritual circles.  The women here aren’t taken seriously or welcomed, that’s why there’s only a few of them left here.

Funny though because whenever I think of spirituality I imagine women.  Apart from famous gurus being male, usually women are the spiritual ones in every day life.  Just speaking from personal experience It’s always been my female friends who were into spirituality and healing etc. 

Edited by Pavement

Men are extremely good or extremely bad in many things. Women are in the middle.

@alhhany because leadership positions have historically been for men to hold.

Things are fortunately changing. We are going to see more and more female spiritual leaders in this generation than any other. It’s already happening.

Edited by aurum