lizz_luna

Pursuing enlightenment while burning the karma

9 posts in this topic

There is nothing that I desire more than to have a shift in awareness and  becoming directly conscious of the TRUTH. I have noticed however, that I still need to "burn the karma" as Leo would say. I have been working on my purpose but can notice this burning desire to be "successful", have a really nice body, have material stuff, social status. I have the limiting belief that I have to focus on one or the other. Either pursuit the spiritual journey or the material life. I want to prove to myself and have direct experience that the answers are not there. But I also will like to pursue this journey. I cant bullshit myself thinking I don't want those material and "empty" achievements because I do haha, just don't know if I should just give them up, or somehow manage to pursue the path while burning the karma along the way. How do you deal with this?

@lizz_luna I’m not sure why it matters but I also have the things you speak of as far as status, looks and physique. But none of those things comes even remotely close to how it amazing feels to grow as a person and increase consciousness. 

Anyway, I think you may be getting ahead of yourself on this one. In my experience the material stuff tends to become less important as you go deeper and deeper into the practice. It happens organically. I’ve never had to force myself to do any practice or to be any certain way. If you genuinely want to have material things, care about appearances and be successful then that is a perfect indicator of your level of consciousness. 

When you make real progress doing this work your whole life will change forever, you will not be the same person. 

So just keep doing the practice day in and day out and see what happens

The two do not have to be separate.

All you need to do, is whatever you believe you need to do to fulfill those desires. Anymore, can lead to imbalance in your life. So in this, you can still meditate when needed, and come to spiritual realizations, but you won't be angry or frustrated if you don't fulfill your desires right away.

Then perhaps, in time, you will decide to focus only on matters of spirituality. But, this is a rather rare path that not every soul will need to pursue in this life. There indeed, is a lot of spirituality to gain in the material side of things. A lot of help we can provide to ourselves, and eventually to others.

Edited by Rokazulu

@lizz_luna The ego want those. The soul wants expansion. 

The world is crumbling and energies are rising. There will be alot of chaos and change in the world. Choose wisely. 

Ask yourself why are you asking for advice? Its because even thou you think you want those at some level, you want Truth more. Focus more on one than the other. As you awaken more, you will see many of those beliefs are false and useless. 

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

53 minutes ago, Kalki Avatar said:

@lizz_luna The ego want those. The soul wants expansion. 

The world is crumbling and energies are rising. There will be alot of chaos and change in the world. Choose wisely. 

Ask yourself why are you asking for advice? Its because even thou you think you want those at some level, you want Truth more. Focus more on one than the other. As you awaken more, you will see many of those beliefs are false and useless. 

So much wisdom here. 

Yes, choose wisely. Understand deeply, however, there are no wrong choices. 

@lizz_luna

I would suggest you to pursue happiness and beautiful experiences and go for so much material stuff you need to fulfill these 2 main guests. You know which things you want to deal with and what you see as bad things and you know what decision you really want to do. When you ask the answer from people on the forum, it automatically tells you that you do not have a trust for your deepest intelligence. This is new from me, but NOW I actually give concrete advice, which is to try some third eye meditation practices to build some intuition.

You can "practice" intuition by leaving some room for gut feelings and one great way is to be mindful next time you are driving a car or walking and try to feel where you would like to go next - straight, left or right. Major thing to point out is that you shouldn't tell why you did the decision, but you should just leave it open. Feel that you are in the driver seat and you can go where ever you feel like you want to go; that is extremely freeing : )

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

Do some breakthrough doses of psychedelics to see the ultimate depth of reality. Then you'll see that life is a game, you won't take it so seriously so you can enjoy the hell out of it! 

This is what I did and it worked out perfectly. Now my goals are again very practical: financial independence and fitness. But I'm not suffering to reach these, I enjoy the path. Because it's an amazing game :)

12 hours ago, Consilience said:

Understand deeply, however, there are no wrong choices. 

Yup, this is the answer right here.

I know it can be frustrating, but don't guilt yourself into choosing one over the other. Sit down with an empty sheet of paper and starting writing about what you REALLY want. For this time period, set aside every single judgement about yourself and the world and apply radical honesty. Like anything goes. If it is material success, fitness, wealth, why not? Go for it. Give yourself permission to work for these things.

In fact, you can even strive for material success consciously, which is obviously a better way than forcing it.

@lizz_luna It's important to understand that you are creating everything (also the "path"), even if you are not aware of it yet.

If you are invested in the thought/idea "I need to burn through karma" (outside of direct experience of the process), then you will be hypnotised by the thought/idea, and this will prevent you from seeing Truth. You see, the "idea" of burning through Karma is a product of intelligence, not intelligence itself. You are intelligence. Intelligence is then hypnotised by its product (by something it creates - by its own decision).

Who said that Truth prevents you from enjoying life's delights? Being highly conscious helps you enjoy the reality of the delights, rather than the illusion (a limited creation/perspective) of the same delights. 

Understand what the delights are, in Truth. And maybe you can enjoy them more..

I have recently listened to Leo's "burning though karma" episode, and I can see that the message is very flawed (of low consciousness, in theory) (unless Leo has vetted his message to be understood by a certain consciousness level of listener, which is possible). My hypothesis that it is flawed comes from his continual reference to "I" and "me" and how there is a separate "he/I" that needs to "burn through karma". There is a created "I" that needs to do a "thing" to be closer to God. These ideas inhibit access to intelligence/God (or veil the truth that reality/intelligence/God is already here).

I hope this info helps :)

Love from Lenny.

Edited by Lenny