Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jon_Bundesen

How to not attach self-worth to bad grades?

4 posts in this topic

So I've been getting bad grades at school because I want to use my time on other things but I have become really anxious about the fact that the bad grades might lead to me not being able to finish high school. I am currently in my junior year (10th grade) and still have to more years to go. 

As the question says how do I stop caring so much about f*cking grades!

There's LEVELS to this shit!!!

There's a lot to unpack here, more than I have time to address right now, but I just want to quickly recommend Dr. K of Healthy Gamer to you. In case you don't know him already, he has some of the best resources on mental health for teenagers and young adults out there. Try these videos for a start:

Some questions you might want to think about:

Do you want to finish high school?

If yes, why do you want to finish high school?

Do you want to get good grades?

If yes, why do you want to get good grades?

What are the "other things" that you'd rather spend your time on instead of studying?

Edited by KingCrimson
improved wording

noah elkrief talks a lot about self esteem work that you may enjoy

I think at some level you actually do care about high school. There is no downside to getting good grades really. Besides maybe time commitment. You not only get more opportunities for college, but you also LEARN MORE. Which is important. Yes even your dumb whatever class that your school is forcing you to take. It's all worth doing, and not just for the sake of a good GPA. 

So basically, let go, do the best you can. Let go. Do the best you can. You will not regret it.