Thetruthseeker

Stuck in ‘negative motivation’

8 posts in this topic

From past difficult life experiences, I managed to harness all the negative emotions like sadness, disappointment, frustration, anger, etc to motivate me before in the past. 
Using these emotions really worked for me in helping me create a new life for myself, I worked harder than ever. 

but I was neurotic, not that happy and not able to enjoy the journey/process. I think because that motivation system ‘worked’ though I keep falling into that system 

I’ve seen Leo’s video on positive vs negative motivation, and I’ve tried shifting it to positive, the vision of a positive future, vision boards etc and it just doesn’t motivate me. It just doesn’t. At least no where near the motivation from negative emotions. 

I noticed it nearly get toxic recently. I fell out with a friend, they were a bit out of order, I felt pissed off, frustrated and angry and guess what… I did my best weeks work ever 

I honestly want to fix this to be happier on the journey. But if I can be fully happy now how will I have amazing motivation to create a future? 

any advice appreciated. Thank you  

This isn't advice on how to shift from negative to positive. 

This is advice on sticking to what serves you. Ultimately, whether negative or positive, you're using the same power every distinguishable being in the universe uses.. and that power is love. So unless it truly does bother you that you're using negative emotion to advance yourself, I wouldn't recommend switching it. If it serves you then let it serve you. If it doesn't serve you then let it go and try something new.

Same power, though ?

5 hours ago, Thetruthseeker said:

From past difficult life experiences, I managed to harness all the negative emotions like sadness, disappointment, frustration, anger, etc to motivate me before in the past. 
Using these emotions really worked for me in helping me create a new life for myself, I worked harder than ever. 
but I was neurotic, not that happy and not able to enjoy the journey/process. I think because that motivation system ‘worked’ though I keep falling into that system 
I’ve seen Leo’s video on positive vs negative motivation, and I’ve tried shifting it to positive, the vision of a positive future, vision boards etc and it just doesn’t motivate me. It just doesn’t. At least no where near the motivation from negative emotions. 

I noticed it nearly get toxic recently. I fell out with a friend, they were a bit out of order, I felt pissed off, frustrated and angry and guess what… I did my best weeks work ever 

I honestly want to fix this to be happier on the journey. But if I can be fully happy now how will I have amazing motivation to create a future? 

any advice appreciated. Thank you  

Sounds like apathy. When negative emotions get triggered, that intensity that gets awakened in the body often wakes us up temporary until the triggers goes away. Then our nervous system calms back down to it's original emotional state, and if that is apathy, you slip right into that previous unmotivated state. In apathy, it is difficult to feel motivated because you are disconnected from your body. You need to become conscious how you can put yourself in a certain direction where you will be forced to awaken the feelings in your body, which initially, will be negative,  so you can move past apathy and as a result, you start to become curious again.

And that will require you becoming your own container and not relying on feelings to take the necessary steps. Initially, you have to take action from your head if you are not motivated. Identify exactly what it is you want to feel, in what contexts, and gradually take the right steps through small consistent action on a daily basis. Eventually, you will get triggered when you confront the feelings underneath apathy, maybe feel more negative emotions which you can use as extra fuel added to your commitment. If you are taking the right steps you will eventually transmute apathy into inspiration and let go of those negative motivations.

Just become really clear what it is you want to create and feel and then use commitment to take action without needing to be motivated emotionally. You have free will.  Anyone can do that, even if they have apathy. You can just start to imagine things in your mind and play with your feeling in relationship to what you are imagining. Intuitively feel what your mind is imagining when you let loose, and just strive to create that environment and feeling experience in your own physical reality. A lack of motivation is never hindering you, nor is a negative emotional state. A negative motivation is super powerful. That exact problem is helping you ask this question and thus helping you create the reality you want. It is just your lack of clarity and commitment to the desires you have. Apathy goes away naturally as you put your body in tension. Tension is good for you. Step into tension that causes disappointment, anger, sadness, and now proactively create from it, instead of being reactive. 

There is nothing wrong with negative emotions as fuel because action always is caused by desire and this is essentially already a higher emotion. It then just depends on what you are channeling the desire into, meaning the strategy, actions, principles, practical processes and habits you are doing on a daily basis. They can either help you create more depth of feeling, more inspiration, or they keep you stuck. 

Edited by JonasVE12

This is gonna sound radical, but hey, what not give it a try?

How about you start enjoying your negative motivations/emotions? Like you'd systematically sit down and accept and get off on everything that comes up. If you could to that on a regular basis, your problem would be solved since you don't need to force yourself to be positive.

You'd automatically transform your negativity into positivity just by loving your negativity.

Thank you to @A Fellow Lighter @JonasVE12 @nistake @OceanRiver @itachi uchiha for taking the time for your replies. I appreciate it 

I've been contemplating this, and took your thoughts on board. I think for now i've come to this conclusion 

I accept and I'm grateful that through previous difficult times in my life, I'm now able as a skill to turn 'negative' situations or emotions around as fuel for a positive. I don't want to live in an unhappy state though of not enjoying the process and journey through life. So I'm going to accept that the positive motivation is a lot slower for me, but it's consistent and I'm also happier on the journey. Then when something 'negative' emotionally or situationally happens then I will use that for fuel, but I'm not going to be waiting around for negative emotions or try and dramatise negative situations in order to fuel myself. I will just use the consistent and slow positive motivation most of the time, and know that when negativity strikes I can turn it around 

I guess this was just difficult as the negative motivations was such a strong fire fuel, the equivalent of a fast Ferrari car. Positive motivation feels like a slow car, so I almost thought it was 'wrong' but actually it probably just feels wrong initially because it is slower and not the same. But I would rather be consistent and happy on this infinite journey of self actualising 

Thanks so much! 

Edited by Thetruthseeker

The contrast, experiencing these strong negative emotions is awakening the desire to go to the other side now. Look for less resistant thoughts to think that do not fuel these negative emotions. Thoughts->Create emotions-> These fuel your motivations

Finding the other polarity will help you find motivation and joy on the other side. Riding the wave, embracing the journey. Maybe it's about reframing your belief system. You don't have to experience negative emotions to feel motivated, but is something that has worked for you in the past and now you want to experience positive emotions to feel motivated. But it can be a dance between both!