Raze

“The US will fight Russia to the last Ukrainian” - Noam Chomsky Q and A

12 posts in this topic

More like Ukraine will fight Russia to the last Ukrainian. 

Noam has some good takes on other issues but his hot “westplaining” takes through this whole conflict have been routinely awful and all around annoying. His takes literally parrot Russian propaganda. If you have to mention the USA when it comes to this conflict then you are failing to honor basic facts. A peaceful country was invaded by an aggressive country, and they have all the right in the world to defend themselves to the last person, the USA is not fighting this war, Ukrainians are.  

Edited by Lyubov

@Lyubov

7 hours ago, Lyubov said:

More like Ukraine will fight Russia to the last Ukrainian. 

Noam has some good takes on other issues but his hot “westplaining” takes through this whole conflict have been routinely awful and all around annoying. His takes literally parrot Russian propaganda. If you have to mention the USA when it comes to this conflict then you are failing to honor basic facts. A peaceful country was invaded by an aggressive country, and they have all the right in the world to defend themselves to the last person, the USA is not fighting this war, Ukrainians are.  

Good points. Was Naom Chompsky like this earlier in his life, this westsplaining? I thought he grew up during the red scar no? That would've made him more pro west, unless something else happened to him in that time frame.

We already had a thread like that. Are the mods not moderating this? 

If that was the actual quote. It is yet more Russian propaganda that Ukraine doesn't exist so it can't have personal agency in the matter. As if 44 million people suddenly had no voice of their own.

1 hour ago, hello1234 said:

We already had a thread like that. Are the mods not moderating this? 

They let people spread obviously untrue Russian propaganda since the war started and now some people are denying the genocide that is still taking place in Ukraine. What do you expect at this point? 

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Lyubov

Good points. Was Naom Chompsky like this earlier in his life, this westsplaining? I thought he grew up during the red scar no? That would've made him more pro west, unless something else happened to him in that time frame.

His bread and butter has more to do with capitalism, Palestinian / Israel conflict, general criticism of the western hegemony, etc. He does make some great points in some of his books. Also he is an amazing linguist. It just gets tiring hearing “BUT THE USA” during all of this because that’s basically the cookie cutter talking point for Russia right now to excuse their war. This is Russia invading a peaceful country. I don’t see an excuse for what has occurred and it is not the USA forcing Russia to do this, it is Russia. Russian survival did not hinge on this conflict, only from an imperialist stage blue perspective that relies on a strong autocratic leadership did it. 

Edited by Lyubov

3 hours ago, Ryan_047 said:

They let people spread obviously untrue Russian propaganda since the war started and now some people are denying the genocide that is still taking place in Ukraine. What do you expect at this point? 

@Ryan_047 The thread got closed today where a person was debunking a conspiracy theory about Ukraine “staging” the dead bodies, according to the mod that is not allowed, but all the conspiracy theories anti-Ukraine are welcome. 

Also note that all the pro-russian trolls here are actually spending their free time actively reporting posts. Look above lol, why do you think he’s doing that?  Collecting evidence ?. I saw him do that before as well. The smaller the balls the louder the monkey.

Same thing happened to me yesterday where my post got deleted and I got 2 points literally seconds after I posted it, so someone had to report it right away (or a mod just decided to do it on his own, right away). Also I remember commenting on another thread something like “Ukraine is expecting russia to do things like hitting a building in russia and claiming it was Ukraine who did it”, the next day I checked it was gone too

Edited by hello1234

8 minutes ago, hello1234 said:

@Ryan_047 The thread got closed today where a person was debunking a conspiracy theory about Ukraine “staging” the dead bodies, according to the mod that is not allowed, but all the conspiracy theories anti-Ukraine are welcome. 

I noticed this too, kind of odd.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

If you want the honest truth there is a bias in the spiritual community against America, and Europe. I have noticed in more than 1 speaker I used to think neutral or universal, now taking a more aggressive stance towards Europe and America. I used to be able to see them as uplifting consciousness globally rather than a personal bias. I no longer see people like that speaking.

Perhaps they are embracing their national or cultural identity more. I used to hate that but its natural, its who they are and what they want. Their personal goal as opposed to teaching others a universal one. I could name names but that gets posts deleted so we'll leave the sentiment in the open like that. I do feel some of those spiritual teachers are leading us down a path to a much larger conflict in the future, else I wouldn't feel twisted by this

I had that feeling over ten years ago and i've spoken about it before with emotion, or logic. I see all these changes stemmed from the Rise of Authoritarianism and what that will continue to mean to our lives in the future. I didn't see that at the time but I do now.

*I will edit this a bit and say people like Mooji exclusively speak of centering and peace but people like that are now rarer than anything on earth, even among those referring to themselves as 'ascended masters'.

Edited by BlueOak

8 hours ago, BlueOak said:

I had that feeling over ten years ago and i've spoken about it before with emotion, or logic. I see all these changes stemmed from the Rise of Authoritarianism and what that will continue to mean to our lives in the future. I didn't see that at the time but I do now.

I have this same feeling. I was in denial for a long time, but seeing what is happening today... And it's not just Russia, Iran and China, it's also some countries that are mimicking democracy, but in the underground something else is happening. 

9 hours ago, hello1234 said:

Same thing happened to me yesterday where my post got deleted and I got 2 points literally seconds after I posted it, so someone had to report it right away (or a mod just decided to do it on his own, right away). Also I remember commenting on another thread something like “Ukraine is expecting russia to do things like hitting a building in russia and claiming it was Ukraine who did it”, the next day I checked it was gone too

I'm not going to spread "conspiracies" around here, but this sounds like Facebook. In my country Facebook is still extremely popular, and it's infested with Russian bots and trolls (by the way, for those who don't know, troll is not a derogatory term in this context, but it refers to people who are paid by media agencies to spread propaganda or denigrate certain people). The same thing you described happens as well to people and journalists who are critical of corrupt and rich of certain political countries/entities, or Russian politics/actions (I'm not Ukrainian btw). This type of stuff happens all over social media (regarding any subject), but it's especially proficient in Facebook affiliated partners, and poorly moderated forums. 

If any mod reads this, I suggest you guys do an audit and check the site's infrastructure. Don't think that just because this is a spiritual forum, you are immune from propaganda and lies. You can be "multi perspectival" and not parrot Russian propaganda (or any side's propaganda) and take it as absolute truth just because you hate the West (or whatever the other side is). It's one thing to see what may be valid in the Russian media, it's a whole another thing to deny the current genocide, use whataboutism tactics and deny objective information (don't hit me with existential relativism cause it's not relevant in geopolitics lol).