Someone here

I bought a vape instead of cigarettes

37 posts in this topic

Have you tried Snus? If you worry about your lungs and have pain in your chest I would definitely recommend you check it out. Gives you a pretty nice buzz aswell, though I think a good deal of the addiction is also just the act of having the damn thing in your fingers and sucking on it, some kind of oral fixation thing and also just the aesthetics of it - there is really no great alternative to cigarettes in my experience. 

If you have the will to do it, I think the best thing is to just go cold turkey and stop for a few weeks/months to get back to baseline, let your body heal and then you can try to establish a healthier relationship to smoking if youre still aesthetically drawn to it for whatever reason.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

43 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Have you tried Snus?

It contains carcinogens and deteriorates your gums, and I believe it's not generally sold outside of Scandinavia. If you're concerned about health, just chew nicotine gum.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Don't you live in India? Isn't the air pollution in some cities so bad breathing the air is like smoking cigarettes anyways? You should probably quit the vape if you can too my man.

Lung damage takes literal years off your life.

hrhrhtewgfegege

On 6/24/2022 at 11:38 AM, Leo Gura said:

Commercial vape e-liquid is very bad for your lungs, maybe even worse than smoking.

It's not the nicotine you should be worried about, it's the vaporized e-liquid junk.

Can you back this claim when you have the time? Or anybody else.

@Someone here  Listen to me, throw it out ASAP.

I used to smoke like a crackhead 2 packs a day. The BEST way to quit nicotine addiction is:

• MINDFULNESS 
  • QUIT COLD TURKEY AND NEVER LOOK BACK

you will suffer for the first week only, but after that, it is like a walk in the park, don't forget to remove the identity of "SMOKER" from yourself.

If you need any more help hit me up.

I'm 3+ years cigarette free ?

4 minutes ago, Socrates said:

MINDFULNESS 

I've had severe addictions before. In order to quit a habit, you need to rewire every possible manifestation of it in your life, and most of the work is done in the first month, but to fully weed it out (no pun intended) takes years. The mindfulness aspect is really crucial. You need to be aware of all the moments you're used to engage in the habit, preferably before it arises (but you also have to expect to be surprised), and you have to consciously inspect and expect your emotional state when those moments happen (not just the general intensity of it, but every type of situation it happens in).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 24/06/2022 at 0:38 PM, Leo Gura said:

Commercial vape e-liquid is very bad for your lungs, maybe even worse than smoking.

It's not the nicotine you should be worried about, it's the vaporized e-liquid junk.

I'm not completely sure, but I can tell you my journey with nicotine. I started smoking cigarettes to impress girls in high school when I was 16. I got diagnosed with severe asthma at 18. Spent years trying to quit, in and out of the hospital so many times I lost count. I am now 25 and have been vaping for about 2 months. I have not had to use my inhaler and have not been hospitalized once since I switched to vaping. So all I can say is switching to vaping has helped my health immensely.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

39 minutes ago, Socrates said:

@Someone here  Listen to me, throw it out ASAP.

I used to smoke like a crackhead 2 packs a day. The BEST way to quit nicotine addiction is:

• MINDFULNESS 
  • QUIT COLD TURKEY AND NEVER LOOK BACK

you will suffer for the first week only, but after that, it is like a walk in the park, don't forget to remove the identity of "SMOKER" from yourself.

If you need any more help hit me up.

I'm 3+ years cigarette free ?

I practice mindfulness meditation every day.  The problem is I can depend on my willpower for a week max . But after that I get huge urges .I miss the nicotine flavour.  I feel like I'm going to die from angst and desperation if I don't smoke a cig. It helps me deal with my overly stressful life . I'm not even sure if I should quit .or If I can quit . I switched to vaping .and I hope its less toxic than regular ciggs. 

-Osho

1 hour ago, Roy said:

Don't you live in India? Isn't the air pollution in some cities so bad breathing the air is like smoking cigarettes anyways?

No you've got a wrong view about India. I live in Kashmir.and its pretty clean and healthy city .one of the best actually. 

-Osho

4 hours ago, Kshantivadin said:

Can you back this claim when you have the time? Or anybody else.

Young people have died from vaping e-liquid. I don't know of anyone who dies of smoking within 10 years. The wrong e-liquid is therefore worse than smoking.

Remember, vaping has only existed for less than 10 years. Who knows what affect the vapor has on the lungs. It can't be good. When you vape certain e-liquids you can feel it hurting the lungs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Remember, vaping has only existed for less than 10 years. Who knows what affect the vapor has on the lungs. It can't be good. When you vape certain e-liquids you can feel it hurting the lungs.

What do you think of dry herb vaping?

No e-liquid and less chemicals than smoking.

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Young people have died from vaping e-liquid. I don't know of anyone who dies of smoking within 10 years. The wrong e-liquid is therefore worse than smoking.

Would you say second hand smoking e-cigs is as bad as second hand normal cigarettes? These things are allowed indoors and many times I find myself walking through clouds of watermelon vape. Even though it's smell pleasant i still intuitively hold my breath and try not to get it in my lungs. 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't even think that scientists and the medical community have gotten enough test results on the long-term negative effects of vaping.

I tried vaping for 1 month with 0 nicotine liquids. I still experienced negative effects on my lungs and cardiovascular health off of it so I threw in in a garbage can. After 1-2 months of NOT vaping the effects went away

If I vape DMT with e-liquid in a vape cart, I can feel it harm my lungs.

If I vape DMT in a dab rig with no e-liquid, just pure DMT, I don't feel any damage to my lungs.

That's my personal experience. Use introspection and feel into the harm which your vaping is causing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Cheap chemicals from China are used to make vape liquid.

This alone should be enough to deter you. 

I've battled with cigarettes a lot and I haven't smoked for a month now.

The trick is this:
Take 5 days off from work or any other responsibilities. Stay at home and meditate or watch movies for 5 days. Avoid anything that triggers stress or craving. Do not go outside because everything makes you stressed. After those 5 days its mostly out of your system and the habit is kicked.

Now the hard part comes: not relapsing. For that you need to find the trigger that makes you smoke. For example work related stress. Find a solution to not get that stressed again. Great sleep helps.

Good luck