Julian gabriel

How to stop Truth seeking?

20 posts in this topic

I have realized that Truth is absolutely relative, therefore seeking truth as if it exists as a thing within life is stupid.

But I am still in the habit of seeking truth as if it is a real thing which can be acquired.

How do I break this habit? 

It seems kind of ridiculous to allow this level of relativity. Are you just going to not say anything if someone denies the holocaust, for example? The truth may be relative but you shouldn't give up on it either I think.

59 minutes ago, Dryas said:

It seems kind of ridiculous to allow this level of relativity. Are you just going to not say anything if someone denies the holocaust, for example? The truth may be relative but you shouldn't give up on it either I think.

What you're referring to is not giving up on ethics and morals. Which we shouldn't. The truth is that the holocaust only happened if you imagine it did. But I don't go around telling people that or acting like that, because of ethical reasons that I deeply care about.

Truth won't tell you how to act.

34 minutes ago, SonataAllegro said:

What you're referring to is not giving up on ethics and morals. Which we shouldn't. The truth is that the holocaust only happened if you imagine it did. But I don't go around telling people that or acting like that, because of ethical reasons that I deeply care about.

Truth won't tell you how to act.

Morality and Ethics is not truth. Truth WILL tell you how to act. Truth is the only thing that brings clarity. Everything else is delusion.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Listen to inner introspection. Don't think of it as something to be acquired, simply accept life as it is and live free. Attach meaning when you feel like it.

Freedom = Life = Truth

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

5 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

I have realized that Truth is absolutely relative

That only applies to truth with lower case t. What you haven't yet realized is, that there exists a Truth with upper case T. Absolute Truth.

5 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

therefore seeking truth as if it exists as a thing within life is stupid.

If you speak about Absolute Truth, I agree. Absolute Truth doesn't exist as a thing within life. Absolute Truth IS life.

But seeking within life is a good first step, although absolutely speaking, no steps are needed to realize Absolute Truth.

Focus long enough on other things. As you said, it's a habit. You won't break a habit over night. Find something else to spend your time on and do that. 

Or make a compromise and just stop seeking truth so intensively.

It doesn't matter how much psychedelics you consume, meditations you do, arguments you make, perspectives you take, knowledge you acquire, or wisdom you gain, you will never "find" the ultimate Truth in human experience. But you can realize the nature of Truth and keep getting closer to it. That's the evolution of a soul.

It's up to you to keep seeking or stop seeking in this lifetime. Eventually, every soul evolves.

truth is your level of consciousness

to decrease it mingle with the world, to increase it spend time going in not going out

@Julian gabriel  There is an evolutionary habituation in the human psychology to seek out accurate information and understanding for our physical survival but the ego will use this as a means to preserve self identity as well so..... it's quite a challenge to transcend this so that it won't habitually do it in the mind.

Edited by SOUL

I should've expected a post like this on Actualized

Lmfao!

"Can't stop Truth seeking, plz halp"

Has to be made into a meme.

Por favor

https://aapo.blog/

my personal website-actualized since 2015-just waiting for the day-we have the first guys on the forum

born on 2015 :P

Extreme forms of Relatively are ultimately self undermining, and unworkable as a pragmatic way of engaging with the world. This is because we're constantly having to make Value judgements as part of Being-in-the-world with others.

The goal of the deconstruction that comes with Relativity should be to eventually synthesize more Truthful, Compassionate, and Authentic values afterward.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/