Realms of Wonder

How can we KNOW we are being authentic?

35 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Realms of Wonder said:

Fearlessly, I like that, it does take courage.

authenticity is risky, fakeness is easy

18 hours ago, Realms of Wonder said:

I tend to be very empathetic, feeling how others experience me very viscerally, and growing up I learned to be a people pleaser/approval seeker to survive.

So you were never genuine. You can only be very genuine if you have a high level of self-love and self-satisfaction. Only then that others' perception and impression of you naturally become much less insignificant. 

The best form of genuineness is very connected to integrity. The opposite of integrity is being spineless and opportunistic which are hallmarks of both the people pleasers and selfish bastards. 

This video by Leo about integrity is helpful.

9 hours ago, jimwell said:

So you were never genuine. You can only be very genuine if you have a high level of self-love and self-satisfaction. Only then that others' perception and impression of you naturally become much less insignificant. 

The best form of genuineness is very connected to integrity. The opposite of integrity is being spineless and opportunistic which are hallmarks of both the people pleasers and selfish bastards. 

This video by Leo about integrity is helpful.

Reading this was funny to watch my mind blow up and instantly take offense “how the fuck can you say that, you don’t even know me, fuck you!” Lol.

I think you’re right to a certain degree, though saying “so you were never genuine” is to black and white. I have been, and I am more and more through this work. Thanks for pointing this out, that’s a video I conveniently skipped over.

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

Start being honest.when u become honest with yourself and others then, in the long run u will be authentic

In y own authenticity work, I stand in front of the mirror and talk or teach lessons to myself. Eventually, I get so passionate and feel very energized. I think it is because I am allowing myself to just say what comes to me, I am a safe space to be radically honest and authentic, with my mistakes, random jokes etc. For me you just feel "in alignment", it feels like that is who you really are and nothing else. You will know when you are authentic, sometimes Is just hard to find the right space.

On 4/4/2022 at 6:20 PM, lizz_luna said:

In y own authenticity work, I stand in front of the mirror and talk or teach lessons to myself. Eventually, I get so passionate and feel very energized. I think it is because I am allowing myself to just say what comes to me, I am a safe space to be radically honest and authentic, with my mistakes, random jokes etc. For me you just feel "in alignment", it feels like that is who you really are and nothing else. You will know when you are authentic, sometimes Is just hard to find the right space.

Thanks for this, I'll try this out :P 

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

On 30/03/2022 at 11:29 AM, SriSriJustinBieber said:

Nice try, but this comes later, because right now how can you know you are not using these values as an identity? And how can you know what true love is for example? So you must accept to detach from these values at least temporarily, and you must accept that you maybe don't really know yet.

Let awareness be the criteria: if it seems your awareness needs to be lowered for you to do a certain thing, then that's not authentic. If, while fully aware, you still want to, let's say, be angry at someone, then that is authentic. Slowly this will transmute into love and all these higher values the hidden stuff you may have and which need sleepiness from you to act out, because if you are angry while fully aware, it needs to be acted only a few times for you to extract the learning from it, whereas if you are sleepy then the learning is obviously much slower and therefore it can stick to you as a tendency or identity or habit. Obviously don't kill someone or do something along those lines while trying this.

As part of the process to actualize ourselves and become more of our authentic nature we shed layers of ourselves that cause us to act out from our lower nature. This is a long term process and there is no end point where now I have made it and now I am authentic. We can experience glimpses of awareness (authenticity) and then we fall back into unconciousness an inauthenticity. We keep returning to authenticity (Awareness) and working on ourselves to deepen this connection so more and more of our actions come from awareness and authenticity. Whatever actions come from that place are authentic actions. Those actions might change over time as we become wiser of course.

Authenticity/ Awarenss/ Truth/ Self... all similiar.

Edited by Spence94

I just can speak by myself from my experience. There is this subtle twist insidee when I feel I am being a fake and there is this radiance when I feel I speaking, acting or even thinking in allignment with my current awakenings or realizations. I was recently on a job travel in order to make money for a future project, but the job and overall ambient I had put myself was eating my soul and generating a lot of distraction, was to much for me and I decided to put and end on it. I could resist more a month and console myself with the ideia that the money would be great and that it would prove that I was resilient to cope with all the absurdity and stupidity I was observing around me. But I felt no authentic to stay. So I decided to leave.

Living from your own truth, rather than from how someone else told you you should be.

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

On 12/13/2023 at 9:22 AM, Yimpa said:

Living from your own truth, rather than from how someone else told you you should be.

Appreciate this perspective, thank you. 

for the past few months I have been contemplating daily, and am beginning to recognize how little I live from direct experience and how much I rely on hearsay and belief. Kinda shocking and scary. 

7 hours ago, Realms of Wonder said:

beginning to recognize how little I live from direct experience and how much I rely on hearsay and belief. Kinda shocking and scary. 

Then you’re in for a rude awakening.

Jk, you’re on the right path :)

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

On 1/20/2024 at 6:12 AM, Yimpa said:

Then you’re in for a rude awakening.

Jk, you’re on the right path :)

I hope so haha. Thankfully I am still young, lots of room to explore and deepen consciousness.

1 hour ago, Realms of Wonder said:

I hope so haha. Thankfully I am still young, lots of room to explore and deepen consciousness.

Even the elder still have room to explore and deepen consciousness.