Arcangelo

Transgender women (biological men) dominating women's sports

189 posts in this topic

They shouldn't be allowed to compete. We need a whole new category.

How do y'all feel about this?

I feel anger and frustration because it is cheating.

I feel anger and frustration because it goes to show that the world has gone mad.

I am also amused, to see the woke culture back firing. Haha, dudes with penises competing against girls, haha. Fair? IDTS.

Imagine: The girls have to shower with the guys...

WTF?

''I see a dick''

''He has a dick''

Same deal with the bathrooms we need a new category.

And if you say it is unfair and/or cheating they will cancel you calling you transphobic.

Some ridiculous BS. Whatever happened to common sense?

Both Destiny and Mr. Girl gave their takes on transgender, and where it may of may not be a good idea. Highly contextual, I can agree.

Wow this is rediculous. Men competing in womens sports, wow. Humanity is going down the hill.

@Arcangelo

10 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

They shouldn't be allowed to compete. We need a whole new category.

How do y'all feel about this?

I feel anger and frustration because it is cheating.

I feel anger and frustration because it goes to show that the world has gone mad.

I am also amused, to see the woke culture back firing. Haha, dudes with penises competing against girls, haha. Fair? IDTS.

Imagine: The girls have to shower with the guys...

WTF?

''I see a dick''

''He has a dick''

Same deal with the bathrooms we need a new category.

And if you say it is unfair and/or cheating they will cancel you calling you transphobic.

Some ridiculous BS. Whatever happened to common sense?

It does feel like a tricky situation to me. I wouldn't know how to handle this well myself.

Some clubs tried unisex bathrooms when I was at university way back when. There was some funny moments and some embarrassment but the guys were okay with it obviously. I'm sure some of the women had a laugh but I am equally sure some would never go near them, other than to be curious then immediately leave.

I bring it up because that applies to athletes too. I don't suppose any guy is going to mind competing physically with anyone else, even if there is moral or ethical objection from some. Its the woman that rightly have concerns over their body in the sauna for example, and the physical fairness of such a matchup in their sports.

But beyond that I have no solution that isn't overly complex. Like weight categories at the Olympics for example, or measuring levels of testosterone in female events. It does take stepping outside of identity to find a solution not based on identity.

*And also to add, personally I have no problem with what anyone does to their identity or body, its entirely nothing to do with me. So this comes from a consideration of others.

Edited by BlueOak

4 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

But beyond that I have no solution that isn't overly complex.

I have one:

We don't call it male-olympics or female-olympics. Instead we call it penis-olympics and vagina-olimpics. Problem solved:)

Edited by Michael Jackson

4 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

I have one:) :

We don't call it male-olympics or female-olympics. Instead we call it penis-olympics and vagina-olimpics. Problem solved:)

Not if its what's called post op. (Operation). Even Pre Op you'd have people using Testosterone which would give an advantage. I think the only way would be either muscle mass / weight or checking for Testosterone levels and limiting based on that.

Edited by BlueOak

4 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

I think the only way would be either muscle mass / weight or checking for Testosterone levels and limiting based on that.

Is this what your common sense tells you ?

I would love to hear women's opinions about this.

44 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

Is this what your common sense tells you ?

My common sense tells me to stay as far away from this topic as possible. But I sometimes don't listen to it.

43 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

I would love to hear women's opinions about this.

Exactly this. I’m a man and I would not give a shit if a woman wants to compete with me and other men in a sport, but she will likely get her ass kicked.

If women are fine with men competing in their sport than the men should shut up about it, it’s none of their business.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Maybe you should educate yourself about trans-people first.

3 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

Maybe you should educate yourself about trans-people first.

You are projecting.

As a woman I would not feel safe with trans women using the same bathroom/changing room as biological women - the reason for that is simple, nothing is stopping a creep/pervert/rapist/pedophile to put on a wig pretending to be a trans woman. 

Same thing with competitions, men are physically stronger than women, biological women will always be at a disadvantage compared to trans women. It does not make for a fair competition, and can discourage a lot of biological female athletes from participation. 

Edited by no_name

1 hour ago, vizual said:

If women are fine with men competing in their sport

They are not...

Trust me

@no_name  thanks for your collaboration

28 minutes ago, no_name said:

and can discourage a lot of biological female athletes from participation. 

Exactly. What's the point? They know they are going to lose.

5 hours ago, Roy said:

It's a delicate situation with no right answer. No matter what you do people are going to get upset.

This is like the political version of the trolley problem xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 hours ago, no_name said:

As a woman I would not feel safe with trans women using the same bathroom/changing room as biological women - the reason for that is simple, nothing is stopping a creep/pervert/rapist/pedophile to put on a wig pretending to be a trans woman.

It's already happening

Suppose we add another category exclusively for trans athletes.  This would avoid controversy with trans people getting an unfair advantage in One way or another.  It would also allow trans folk to keep pursuing their passions.

The drawback is that they will still be alienated from the rest of society as a cost for fair sports.