Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WorthyBird

Enlightenment Reading List

8 posts in this topic

Forgive me (and please re-direct me) if a similar thread already exists elsewhere, but thought it may be valuable to start a list of suggested readings on the topic(s) of enlightenment and consciousness work. Of course not suggesting these books will "make you enlightened" (you have to do the work etc), but you never know what may lead to new insights and I'm sure there are many others in the community who enjoy reading anything they can get their hands on related to the subject. I will start with a few favorites.

Suggested Readings:

The Book of Not Knowing (Peter Ralston)

Pursuing Consciousness (Peter Ralston)

This is It (Allan Watts, essay)

The Gospel of Thomas

Waking Up (Sam Harris)

If you are looking to seriously do the work, I can't recommend enough "The Book of Not Knowing". It's like a heavy-lifting book of consciousness work. 

I just finished up with "The Science of Enlightenment" by Shinzen Young. It was really good, and I enjoy his writing style. His personality comes through well in the text.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

I really like this post, its a brilliant idea.

if we can get this going, and get lots of comment/suggestions I think it would really help everyone.

I'll give a little contribution to.

First of all Osho, this guy regardless of what you may of heard or what you think of him, he was very intelligent, he has tons of books on you name it zen, taoism,suffism, yoga, Buddhism ect. 

Few examples

The book of secrets.

The Art of dying. 

Courage, The joy of living dangerously.

Intuition, knowing beyond logic.

The Buddha said.

And so on. :)

Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu

The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali

The Gospel of Thomas

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti