PurpleTree

What would happen if Russia is more aligned with the "west"?

16 posts in this topic

And more democratic etc.

If let's say a Navalny etc. would become president.

Russians themselves would get more freedoms on the positive side, more rights to protest and freedom of speech and so on.

What else?

Would regions splitter of because they saw their chance?

Edited by PurpleTree

They will be slave, they will be subject to digital dollar and world govt. Russia's resources would be abused. Their gold will be taken, like soviet era.

That would be a disaster. 

23 minutes ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

They will be slave, they will be subject to digital dollar and world govt. Russia's resources would be abused. Their gold will be taken, like soviet era.

That would be a disaster. 

who will be a slave though the govt?

because the general populace might have freer life.

now freedom isn't everything, security comes first.

2 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Nobody gonna be slave through the govt's. I am for govt. Thing is age of govt's has passed. Russia is the last standing govt in a true sense. Now we have global mega corps. They have very different interests than govts.

2 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

The one destabilize the whole place not gonna bring security for free. 

I tend to agree, the (fully orange) corporate pyramid crushes people that don't claw their way to the top. I fully understand that sentiment and wanting a different option to it. I don't know if Russia is though? I genuinely don't know if the culture of advancement there is any different. Is it what we'd call here green or yellow in its own internal advancement or are people crushed in a different way?

I always thought Russians best position was to be the bridge between the east and the west, trading its massive natural resources to both. But it pulled back further each year, which led to the cycle of NATO expansion -> Russian Regression -> Repeat. All fueled by proxy wars and wars by association around the globe.

Anyway, that's the past now.
The future is set to be China, Russia, Iran with their allies.
Standing against Europe, America and its allies.

Obviously around the world different countries are forced to choose, remaining neutral becomes more difficult. I remember India news talking about how difficult they were finding it, someone suggested the league of neutral nations should be formed to give people a third option. Which would be very popular undoubtedly.

I hope, I really hope that we don't keep splintering like this, but that's the path people are taking. Splintering into two or more powerblocks with a sadly nationalist wave that is still present in consciousness and being propagated further. It doesn't make for a safe future.

It is not going to happen in the nearest future.

Propaganda is so bad, russians do not have any choice, literally, very close-minded, choices are made for them, they do not have question these choices. They do not know what is like to have president other than Putin! They grew up with Putin, please think about it. 

Even people on this forum, (I mean russians)  I have been reading their posts for years, we talked about consciousness and self-development. I cannot believe they support invasion. So, everything we work on here, flies out of the window when it comes to putinism. 

Russia only understands the language of violence. They do not give a shit about democracy. 

I think when they'll start to wipe their assholes with old newspaper, maybe then.... they would ponder that something definitely is not right. 

How do I know? My dad lives in Moscow, he supports people who are killing his family in Mariupol now. Technically he proclaims the violence. 

My half-sister, also in Moscow, thinks all the videos I send her is fabrication made by Ukrainians. 

What kind of democracy are we talking about? 

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@PurpleTree I think they' suffer economically a lot. There country is built upon corruption. Take out the corruption and you gut the system. 

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

@PurpleTree It won't happen (at least not in a foreseeable future) and we shouldn't even entertain such thought because it's pointless. 

It's like asking what will happen if N.Korea looked more like the west. 

Things today are they way they are because they work. We cannot expect every country to be like the west, just because some people think democracy is the only right way. It's not for some people. Some people like being told what to think and do. Some people's mentality allow for authoritarian social systems to thrive. Some people are not developed enough to see a problem in it. 

@somegirl I agree, but if we dig deeper, it is also not their choice, it just happened for them  to be born on that territory. They have zero control over their thinking, as much as us, people living in different parts of the world. We are just lucky to have access to different systems, other than communism. History, survival and territory you live in are totally in control of your mind. Only few people can stay open-minded. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

I'm sure Russia will eventually be more in line with the West, but it will be many decades. This war it will set that back probably even 30+ years from now when Putin and his regimes vice on the country is long gone and there is plenty of opportunity to reintegrate back into the global economy. Regular Russians will eventually get tired and force a new direction for their nation for better or worse, it's not like they haven't done it before.....

Despite it's gargantuan size, they are clearly more identified with Europe than Asia, and will likely be compelled to be aligned with geopolitically and married economically to a Federated Europe in some way, to protect themselves from the inevitable rise and confrontation with China.

It's hard to predict the future though.

hrhrhtewgfegege

18 minutes ago, somegirl said:

Things today are they way they are because they work. We cannot expect every country to be like the west, just because some people think democracy is the only right way. It's not for some people.

I see what you're saying, but I think if we take an honest look at history it's pretty clear neo-liberalism won the struggle of the 20th century. Most countries economically and even culturally in some ways are trying to imitate the American model. I agree whether or not the remaining underdeveloped countries should be expected to follow that model as it stands is a good debate to have.

It's fair to wonder whether or not it's the best system, as we should always question everything. But whether people like it or not or pretend it doesn't exist in order to resist it is probably irrelevant, since it has become the dominate force and the foundation for most of humanity in our current era.

In other words we can't go back, we can only build new things on top of it.

hrhrhtewgfegege

I mean look at Afghanistan as an example. Some people wanted to force that part of the world into democracy. It backfired. People (at least not a large amount) are not developed for that yet. They didn't even fight back that much. In other words, they didn't have such a strong will and a reason "why". 

They have a long way to go before they become more "like the west". 

Whereas when you see a french revolusion in 1789, people were willing to die for values and morals they believed in. People were ready for freedom. 

How the west got to afford this civilized lifestyle today, however, is a matter of another discussion. Hint: it was not pretty, nor moral.

On 3/24/2022 at 0:42 PM, PurpleTree said:

because the general populace might have freer life.

“security comes first” is the staple of slave mentality. 
Hehe purp the slave  hihihi 

(If you end up summoning demons summon the “demons of liberation“ so they can show you what freedom looks like) :x

Putin and his corrupt cronies would be out of power.

And there's the rub.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Putin and his corrupt cronies would be out of power.

And there's the rub.

Well, it looks like Putin already made it worse for himself and everyone else in Russia. He should've just accepted that there was nothing that he or anybody else can do stop the westernized countries continuing to be the dominant nations of the world. 

He should've just enjoyed all of what he already had going for him in Russia and maintain the status quo there until the end of his days.

Edited by Hardkill