DefinitelyNotARobot

Have you ever given up on life?

13 posts in this topic

And how did you deal with it/are currently dealing with it?

I'm interested in hearing other people's experiences and stories.

beep boop

i think i've kind of gave up early on many things in life as a kid

then had a phase of not doing anything and then tried to make a "come back"

Well, the best way to deal with is not to overthink. 

"Nothing is either good or bad but thinking makes it so." - William Shakespeare

And then you learn to smile more like a dog.

yes. 2 years ago or so, i did not deal with it other than eating junk food and watching tv and waiting to die, the way i got out of it was just time realizing i'm not actually going to kill myself and setting up goals for myself and getting out. although if ur fucked just get help. fuck the shame

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

8 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Well right now I have given up on life pretty much 

Imagine a different life and work on that imagination. Every day. Believe you already have what you wish to achieve and sooner or later reality will start bending to get you what you desire. But you already have to feel like you have it.

Reality is only a mirror to your thoughts you had in your life up until now. We created all of the situations that are happening to us right now. Change your thougths to change the world around you.

Do this exercise. Forget that he tals about manifesting money. It can work for anything else too:

Edited by mojsterr

You create your own suffering. Be still and focus on God.

On 23/3/2022 at 10:21 PM, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

And how did you deal with it/are currently dealing with it?

I'm interested in hearing other people's experiences and stories.

@DefinitelyNotARobot

What is there to give up on? Sincerely, this is the first question I am posing to you.

What if instead of giving up on life we gave up on the notion that underpins our perception of life? How much suffering would we reduce for ourselves if we expressed our capability here?

In saying that though, let me entertain the potential reality of this idea of “life” as it stands in the general sense. 

Have I ever given up on life? Never completely, obviously, however I have experienced extreme enough self suffering that my body has has questioned the validity of its continuation. Let me share:

Confusing thundering rain and shuddering lightning

Blackened suffocating fears looming

A mind that inflicts damage on itself

Drowning in my own tsunami

Unable to escape this bind

Imprinted psychological tattoos of pain all over my body with a lasting burning ember sensation

Turned to charcoal is my chance for self love

Impenetrable are these creeping closing boxed walls of noise and falseness

May my processing of the minds appearances be the engine for what grows my light

Light, salvation

Freedom, open plain of being 

Let me not forget what was

Let me not forget so it can only become a was for someone else that experienced a similar ordeal

This was written just now, an accurate depiction of memories I have in my mind as a more or less permanent memory of what transpired over some several days. Believe it or not, in light of this I have never experienced classical “depression”.

To truly open up our mind beyond our own shackles we must question what we perceive as already there in our minds appearances of itself so that it can perform an automatic adjustment to include more, even if only a little. So whatever boundaries we have over our self perception of self, to question that architecture and in doing so, open it I.e. as a biological reaction.

When we understand that we have these boundaries in the first place at the end point of our opening we will see the conceptualisation of life and “what there is to give up on concerning” from a completely new light. And it will become the case that whatever light will now appear from the perspective of our awareness of at the very least that we have boundaries of the mind that create the walls that hold the perception of what we constitute as a life to give up on. Can you see, that it is better to give up on our minds boundaries of itself to open up those boundaries more than it is to give up on life relative to our notions of it, all things being equal?

At a deeper spiritual self-centric level I believe in a soul that “lives” in a body and to that level I believe that it is the soul that is giving up on life however for most people, they would have been better off giving up on their false notions of life rather than the life that governs them. Once this is realised you will see that they were never even giving up on life because when we perceive elide truthfully it’s impossible to actually give up on life, instead of was just the delusions that the person formed in relation to life that overtook them. When we understand that it was only ever a battle with delusion and the effects this had on our body it will create a space however small for our soul to begin to occupy our being more to open up its centres and let in the life that allows us to see better, greater and more accurate both questions and answers to those questions about life within the walls where we build this idea of a personal kind that we need to break down and open up to a higher and or more sophisticated truth.

How do I cope with it? 

(1) At the ground level, the slow but solid movement to increasingly more accurate truth through the removal and questioning of falsity, by first working to identify it. Falsity can be the very walls that live in the attempts at identifying it, which is what makes falsity and its offspring like illusion so fascinating to comprehend and through such, reach a deeper level of self-comprehension of the human condition. It is important not to identify illusion as bad, though it is also important to identify it as a wall between us and truth that we need to breakdown.

(2) Improvement of the relationship between our beings deepest functions that give rise to “life” and mind, life of mind, mind of life. Inclusive of our heart, soul, mind and body, understood increasingly better through increasingly more refined introspection.

(3) a direct focus on improving the power of the mind and its functions so that it can operate in accordance with and abide by what had best been discerned as truth including the process of truth discovery to increasingly higher levels.

You’re welcome.

Feel free to ask any questions, add any ideas, etc, my mind is… wide open.

A few times per year, usually lasts for about a week at a time. I don't do anything and it tends to just gradually go away again.

Just try your best not to take your shitty feelings out on family / friends / loved ones. It's easy to lash out when it feels like you've got nothing left.

If you can find any little thing to make life meaningful again, that will probably help. 

Many many times. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I have given up on my life in the past. I remember i was walking in town nearby my village. I had many mental issues and i decided to die. While walking i observed cars, people and buildings. There was some strange sense of peace in me, knowing i will die soon. Somehow i returned back home and something in me compeled me to keep on living, even do i knew it will be so hard to confront my demons...

I am still alive, still have many troubles, but i don't want do die by my own hand.

It is a mystery how all this happend. I think that i am here to accept myself, to heal my traumas and to help maybe only a few people to do the same...

To be integrated and wholesome human being in physical existence and to demonstrate that to a few other fellow human beings and animals ... I think that is the reason i am still here...

Edited by Bojan V

No

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Every day. I disconnected myself from it so I don’t feel self-hate around it. But the futility kind of numbs the self-hate anyway. 

Yarco and Bohan you have cute profile pics :)