Someone here

existence is eternal

32 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, zurew said:

haha, i was about to say that.

Yeah that's the amazing think about infinity (reality) its always both: absolute certain and also absolute uncertain. 

The rule of thumb is: Infinity can never conserved in some kind of law. Infinity is every law and no law.

Also this description is also not complete, because the description is finite. 

10 minutes ago, Vynce said:

Yeah that's the amazing think about infinity (reality) its always both: absolute certain and also absolute uncertain. 

The rule of thumb is: Infinity can never conserved in some kind of law. Infinity is every law and no law.

Also this description is also not complete, because the description is finite. 

yap, cannot be limited down to any method or sentence or concept. <--- even this one is incorrect because its finite. <---- and this one

and i could go like that to infinity.

44 minutes ago, zurew said:

yap, cannot be limited down to any method or sentence or concept. <--- even this one is incorrect because its finite. <---- and this one

and i could go like that to infinity.

Actually, if your are doing this logic circling about infinity, always contradicting and correcting the last sentence, your egoic mind tastes what its like to be infinite. 

That's exactly the reason why our egoic minds feels uncomfortable doing that. 

They are designed to negate infinity. 

Edited by Vynce

7 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

But, for this to be true, wouldn't linear time have to be fundamental? As I understand it, it never began so no time has ever progressed, it is what it is right now and it is absolute, so it can not "cease" to be, because again, it's happening NOW and now is all there is, so by definition, this is all there is. Therefore making concepts like eternity or non-existence just that, concepts.

Yes, you are correct, time has never started and thus never progressed.  And yes NOW is all there is.  The ceasing I'm talking about, would be the death of God.  But who knows if that will ever occur or is possible, all I'm saying is its unknown.

On 23.3.2022 at 11:26 AM, JosephKnecht said:

@Someone here You talk too much.

Go sit in a corner for 10 days. 

This is solid. Talking about reality and truth ain't gonna get you nowhere.

I'd suggest you to get you hands dirty. Get some psychedelics and realize the absolute truth for yourself. Talk is cheap, truth is holy.

21 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Actually Existence may not be forever.  Its forever up until this moment, which really isn't a moment in time, but the idea that Existence will continue is not guaranteed. 

This is wrong. Existence is an absolute.

19 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

existence cannot cease for one reason: it exists. it does not pass from one point of non-existence to another, since those points do not exist, they never existed. if existence lasted an instant, that instant would be eternity...but anyway, who knows the mechanic of existence? Only speculating

(Here is the explanation, but ultimately you have to realize this through direct experience).

Time, future, things changing, etc. are all imaginary. There exists no future in which existence could cease to exist. Existence simply is.

It can be called Eternal all day long.

But it's not Eternal for a someone or an entity.

So in that sense it's not even really Eternal because it's not a something to be for a someone.

The individual apparently experiencing reality is an illusion....so this is already death because no one was ever alive... and in that sense death also isn't real because something that was never alive cannot die.

So an illusory individual attempts to escape death by believing the soul or the true self is eternal or what not.

And the cosmic joke is there ALREADY isn't anyone that goes on living after body death....IT'S AN ILLUSION OF SELF!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 23/03/2022 at 2:35 PM, Mu_ said:

Actually Existence may not be forever.  Its forever up until this moment, which really isn't a moment in time, but the idea that Existence will continue is not guaranteed. 

If Existence were to cease, it never be known and there will cease forever to be anything at all forever.  This idea that God can not cease to exist, is a myth.

But the good news is, it hasn't happened.....yet?

Have a nice day.

Do you think the 'insight' that existence is eternal could be a coping mechanism (I'm thinking for the fear of death) masquerading as a spiritual insight?

I'd love to get your thoughts on this one. Thanks, Orion ^_^

30 minutes ago, softlyblossoming said:

Do you think the 'insight' that existence is eternal could be a coping mechanism (I'm thinking for the fear of death) masquerading as a spiritual insight?

I'd love to get your thoughts on this one. Thanks, Orion ^_^

Very much so it could, however ultimately its not about overcoming fear of death, or overcoming fear of being eternal.  But again, both are very much what can appear to happen.

3 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Very much so it could, however ultimately its not about overcoming fear of death, or overcoming fear of being eternal.  But again, both are very much what can appear to happen.

Is it about not fearing? And to heal* fear, should I openly feel it or keep trying to focus on something else that isn't uncomfortable?

*Does healing mean lastingly overcoming?

Thanks again ^_^

Edited by softlyblossoming

21 hours ago, softlyblossoming said:

Is it about not fearing? And to heal* fear, should I openly feel it or keep trying to focus on something else that isn't uncomfortable?

*Does healing mean lastingly overcoming?

Thanks again ^_^

Look into fear as much as you want, its just fear afterall.  But at a certain point it may become irrelevant or boring and you'll want to do something else.  But more to the point, getting use to anything/being with a pleasant attitude is probably better than being with something with a poor attitude.