Striving for more

listening to Andrew Huberman = waste of time?

11 posts in this topic

started listening 1:54 Hour video called "The science of setting & achieving goals" by Andrew Huberman ... 

Then I realized after 40 minuts like, wat the fuck am I doing. 

All u gotta do is just do the work & not quit, like what's the point of this shit? 

And for goals u just set them & use commonplacebook, that's all you need. 

I feel like with people like Andrew Huberman I never learn anything, he speaks a lot but none of it is practical for me, I don't ever get what he says & no practical changes occur in my life, not because I don't apply the "advice", but because the advice has no substance. 

Maybe I will just give up on learning from others full stop. never read or listen to anything again. You only need to know so much basic stuff & then just do it, I think I learn more from life experience, tbh I don't even need to learn anything else in my life, I am done. Ijust want to make money & fuck & do all the other cool stuff now, a life of doing & being. 

If anyone has gotten practical value from videos like these & feel he's worth listening to patiently, then hit up the comments. 

Edited by Striving for more

You need loud guys/ladies who can get you to take action so this is why  business leaders like Gary V, Grant Cardone, Tony Robbins can work for some people.

Some teachers focus more on the mindset or meditation so you can discipline yourself and eventually, you don't need anyone to get yourself started.

3 hours ago, Striving for more said:

started listening 1:54 Hour video called "The science of setting & achieving goals" by Andrew Huberman ... 

Then I realized after 40 minuts like, wat the fuck am I doing. 

All u gotta do is just do the work & not quit, like what's the point of this shit? 

And for goals u just set them & use commonplacebook, that's all you need. 

I feel like with people like Andrew Huberman I never learn anything, he speaks a lot but none of it is practical for me, I don't ever get what he says & no practical changes occur in my life, not because I don't apply the "advice", but because the advice has no substance. 

Maybe I will just give up on learning from others full stop. never read or listen to anything again. You only need to know so much basic stuff & then just do it, I think I learn more from life experience, tbh I don't even need to learn anything else in my life, I am done. Ijust want to make money & fuck & do all the other cool stuff now, a life of doing & being. 

If anyone has gotten practical value from videos like these & feel he's worth listening to patiently, then hit up the comments. 

The thing is you would not listen to him if you could do it already. If something is broken repairing it 
takes a lot of time. Additionally he could be used as a reminder how the system works.

Though in general you are right.

@Striving for more I like Huberman a lot, seems like a really charismatic guy. He’s just very much a scientist who takes a scientific perspective towards just about everything. Nothing wrong with that persay, but if you’re not that much of a science nerd than Huberman is likely not going to be for you.

Huberman is very theoretical. I agree, it's difficult to apply any of that knowledge.

From my experience, I have been watching these kind of videos (Lewis Howes, Jay Shetty and similars...) for the last year or so, every day during breakfast. I really needed inspirational messages like that to sink in, and it has been very useful. I got to a point where I feel I don't need them anymore, and it does seem a waste of time. I guess you need to find that place where you just take action with your life. Whatever floats the boat.

On 23/03/2022 at 3:20 AM, hyruga said:

business leaders like Gary V, Grant Cardone, Tony Robbins can work for some people.

Respect for Tony Robbins ... But Gary V & Grant Cardone are cringe & have some toxic Grindset takes 

Especially Grant Cardone, at least Gary V has some business ability, Grant Cardone is full of shit !!! Complete scammer & just an empty guy & an utter imbicil 

Watched Jordan Belforts  & cofeezilla video & see Grant Cardone as just an empty scammer. 

23 minutes ago, Striving for more said:

Respect for Tony Robbins ... But Gary V & Grant Cardone are cringe & have some toxic low IQ Grindset takes on life

Especially Grant Cardone, at least Gary V has some business ability, Grant Cardone is full of shit !!! Complete scammer & just an empty guy & an utter imbicil as well

Go watch Jordan Belforts  take on him + Watch a cofeezilla video & you'll see Grant Cardone for the empty scammer that he is. 

I didn't say they are not toxic. I said they work for some people.

Grant is highly intense. Back in the good old days when twitter just started, Grant made 100+ tweets daily if I am not wrong. And also 10+ videos per day. The difference between Grant's Networth (600 mil) and Jordan's networth (-100 mil) though is ~700 mil.

So I skipped through timestamps in science of setting goals video & it has some practical tips : 

Example : "It's double as effective to visualize the negative consequences of not achieving your goal than to visualize the positive outcome". 

so i'll skip through heavy science & context & go straight to the tips because his perspective seems to be worthy of consideration

However, I've looked up criticisms that he uses low quality studies & so his claims can't be trusted .. i don't know.  

5 hours ago, Striving for more said:

So I skipped through timestamps in science of setting goals video & it has some practical tips : 

Example : "It's double as effective to visualize the negative consequences of not achieving your goal than to visualize the positive outcome". 

so i'll skip through heavy science & context & go straight to the tips because his perspective seems to be worthy of consideration

However, I've looked up criticisms that he uses low quality studies & so his claims can't be trusted .. i don't know.  

These summaries might be helpful

https://podcastnotes.org/category/huberman-lab/

edit:

https://www.listennotes.com/de/podcasts/huberman-lab-scicomm-media-FB5OVUfl4PZ/

Edited by Epikur

Im working my way through the huberman podcasts.

I tend to look for simple solutions that intuitively make sense to me. And one of those that huberman has given me is the importance of getting sunlight in your eyes in the morning. 

Very simple, very actionable and strikes me as worthwhile.

Basically i listen to the podcasts and write down a few key pointers that I can put to the test. Don't get bogged down in all the theory, focus on putting the practical suggestions to the test if you are moved to.