Mu_

Lisa Cairns-Realization vs Self Improvement

9 posts in this topic

2:20-7:20 is where she talks about this, but feel free to watch the whole video.

Been wanting to share this video for a while. This was probably one the most critical videos I watched that helped me let go in a certain way and stop waiting for my personality and actions and feeling of "me" to change or fade away before I could be enlightened.  I found that by understanding whats pointed to in this video, it helped lift a tremendous weight and pressure to be perfect and saintly as a prerequisite to awakening.  This isn't to say just be an ass, but there is so much spiritual idea's and pressure, which can and do create a story that need to happen before you are ready to understand who you are.

Yes, a crucial distinction.

Awakening says nothing about how you will behave afterwards. And it will not automatically fix all your behavioral problems.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yes definitely. Which is why energetic work is needed after awakening to cleanse the body of unwanted thought/feeling patterns.

Enlightenment alone won't cure your trauma and dysfunctions, you'll just be an enlightened traumatized and dysfunctional person.

There are practices such as Yoga and taichi which can be used to both awaken and develop a healthier psychology, but those things both require attention and intention to work on them. You can practice yoga and not awaken much, you can also practice yoga and awaken but not heal yourself and develop a healthy psychological-emotional wellbeing, you can also practice yoga and not awaken or heal your psychology but develop nice abdominal muscles and a tight ass. You can also do all of the above. 

It's all about the intention and attention.

Edited by Spence94

4 hours ago, Spence94 said:

Enlightenment alone won't cure your trauma and dysfunctions, you'll just be an enlightened traumatized and dysfunctional person.

Seems to me that it's more like you'd be a traumatised, dysfunctional person who had a glimpse of enlightenment. Is it really possible to be traumatised and enlightened at the same time?

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

21 minutes ago, RickyFitts said:

Seems to me that it's more like you'd be a traumatised, dysfunctional person who had a glimpse of enlightenment. Is it really possible to be traumatised and enlightened at the same time?

Did you watch the video? She explains it well.

15 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Did you watch the video? She explains it well.

I watched some of it, I've listened to this sort of thing quite a lot over the years and it's in one ear and out the other at this point to be honest. I should probably just give up trying to wrap my head around it.

Edited by RickyFitts

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

6 hours ago, RickyFitts said:

I watched some of it, I've listened to this sort of thing quite a lot over the years and it's in one ear and out the other at this point to be honest. I should probably just give up trying to wrap my head around it.

I know what you mean, this stuff is often shared in ways that make it seem like Awakening changes all things on all levels simultaneously (which can happen, but is not always the case).

Take for example, Ive been a drug user or a alcoholic in which the behavior pattern has created physical/neurological changes and dependencies.  Ten minutes later I have a awakening experience in which you could say Self-Realization/God undersanding/Enlightenment happens.  It sticks, there is new found freedom, well being and understanding, however the body may go through a biological response neurochemically in which there is response coming from the cell level for what its use to, this will be felt emotionally and may be uncomfortable while its happening.  This may feel like a urge to go consume what ever that thing was that was use to being consumed hourly.  Not giving in, may feel uncomfortable.

This pattern will still be there until its dealt with, but it may and often does feel less overwhelming and as a result the change over time to reeducate the brain/body/cells food/alchohol consumption/drug patterns will take place, sometimes rapidly, sometimes it may take some time.

there are two hearing every message the ego and the god

your trouble is you yourself as ego can't get god's attention can you

that's what meditation does