Wildcattt555

Possible effects of chronic lsd use

68 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I read in an academic book about public health (latest edition from 2021) that LSD is neither physically damaging nor addictive, only that it might produce terrifying experiences. However, I'm not sure if that applies to 5-MeO-DMT. It has a much beefier pharmacological profile. I think these are valid concerns. Martin Ball (5-MeO master) lately worsened his pre-existing sleep problems to dangerous levels.

All drugs have a toxicity level.  People have died from drinking water and taking aspirin.  That’s why we go to a doctor or a shaman to prescribe medicine.   The woman who guide’s me under Bufo Alvarius trained under a respected Shaman in Mexico City.  She had to take Bufo every day for 26 days.   When I go on the journey, she takes the remaining Bufo after I have smoked, and goes on the journey with me.  I have seen her do this for a group of 10 people, taking the Bufo every time.   She is the sharpest most alert person I have ever met and is humble and wise.  America is a hyper individualist country that has little respect for tradition and the wisdom of the ancestors.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

6 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Wildcattt555 Interesting post, Some thoughts:

• Can you give us more background information about you?How old are you (I am really curious, you have a different point of view and I ask me if it it is the age) 
    • Are you on spiritual path towards awakening?
    • how often did you took psychedelics?

I ask these questions because I feel, that these "LSD-talking", rambling about spiritual stuff can be strange to outsiders. This has nothing to do with brain damage of LSD, but of the experience you had, no one can understand if they have not much experience of psychedelics.

I dont share your opinion, how you see Leo as unhappy/unhealthy whatever. For me right now it is the opposite and I followed him every video since years. He developed HUGE (still improving of course). Also how are you so sure that he messed up his serotonin receptors,  LSD, 5 meo cannot do that. 

@Carl-Richard Martin Ball is fine now, or did I missed something? These sleep problems he had before 5 meo

6 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Wildcattt555 Interesting post, Some thoughts:

• Can you give us more background information about you?How old are you (I am really curious, you have a different point of view and I ask me if it it is the age) 
    • Are you on spiritual path towards awakening?
    • how often did you took psychedelics?

I ask these questions because I feel, that these "LSD-talking", rambling about spiritual stuff can be strange to outsiders. This has nothing to do with brain damage of LSD, but of the experience you had, no one can understand if they have not much experience of psychedelics.

I dont share your opinion, how you see Leo as unhappy/unhealthy whatever. For me right now it is the opposite and I followed him every video since years. He developed HUGE (still improving of course). Also how are you so sure that he messed up his serotonin receptors,  LSD, 5 meo cannot do that. 

@Carl-Richard Martin Ball is fine now, or did I missed something? These sleep problems he had before 5 meo

Google lsd and serotonin.    To say it can’t have an effect when that is the neurotransmitter it directly acts on, and also  make some claim about 5 meo where u couldn’t possibly have long term data. Seriously this is wildly ignorant. Even   Ssris can have lasting negative impact, but a drug infinitely more potent is safe? Because you take the ssris every day and the psychedelic a few dozen times a year??    And you’re sure it’s safe doing this for a decade like Leo has(will)? 

just wow. 

It’s amazing how confident people can be when the know nothing about the topic.     

Edited by Wildcattt555

1 hour ago, Wildcattt555 said:

but that’s also kind of a leftist inspired ad hominem attack. You know I said nothing to suggest that I don’t believe in science.  I specifically asked for links to scientific studies that could counter my opinion. 

It was more about the general vibe I got from other users here.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

8 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It was more about the general vibe I got from other users here.

Wow,  what a cunty response. You’re a mod ?! And stupid. The general vibe you got from people blindly asserting lsd has no long term side effects from chronic use was that I’m anti science???Lol fuck you dude.  little passive aggressive douche. 
 Yes people who use the drug I’m warning against are going to attempt to undermine what I’m saying out of fear . And none of these people have any medical background. It’s very obvious.  I’ve said my peace there is no reason to be here. This place will be gone in a few years anyway.. Leo is misleading you guys for money  drugs are bad  bye  

Edited by Wildcattt555

1 hour ago, Jodistrict said:

All drugs have a toxicity level.  People have died from drinking water and taking aspirin.  That’s why we go to a doctor or a shaman to prescribe medicine.   The woman who guide’s me under Bufo Alvarius trained under a respected Shaman in Mexico City.  She had to take Bufo every day for 26 days.   When I go on the journey, she takes the remaining Bufo after I have smoked, and goes on the journey with me.  I have seen her do this for a group of 10 people, taking the Bufo every time.   She is the sharpest most alert person I have ever met and is humble and wise.  America is a hyper individualist country that has little respect for tradition and the wisdom of the ancestors.

We can't say for sure before we study these things more closely. Does it work as a general stressor where people with pre-existing conditions may become worse, or does it cause specific organ damage? Or is it completely innocuous? All this is speculation.

6 minutes ago, Wildcattt555 said:

Wow,  what a cunty response. You’re a mod ?! And stupid. The general vibe you got from people blindly asserting lsd has no long term side effects from chronic use was that I’m anti science???Lol fuck you dude.  little passive aggressive douche. 
 Yes people who use the drug I’m warning against are going to attempt to undermine what I’m saying out of fear . And none of these people have any medical background. It’s very obvious.  I’ve said my peace there is no reason to be hear. This place will be gone in a few years anyway 

I wasn't talking about you is what I meant. Jesus calm your tits xD

9 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I wasn't talking about you is what I meant. Jesus calm your tits xD

Lol sorry then but it definitely ( could have been) read that way ! Ha

I have irritability issues and paranoia from dozens of trips.  Both slight but not entirely joking 

Edited by Wildcattt555

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Wildcattt555 All I'll say to you is, be careful with your projections, assumptions, and self-confirming narratives.

You don't know me as you think you do.

One thing you can say about Leo Gura, is to make sure to give him space to think and brainstorm, trust me this is for the benefit of the future of mankind. Focusing on the details, and emotional stuff is our job. But Leo's ability to THINK thoroughly and BRAINSTORM new ideas is nothing short of a "SUPERPOWER."

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

We can't say for sure before we study these things more closely. Does it work as a general stressor where people with pre-existing conditions may become worse, or does it cause specific organ damage? Or is it completely innocuous? All this is speculation.

In the 1960s, in response to the LSD hysteria, the scientists promptly produced a study that proved LSD damages chromosomes.  This was widely believed for years until it was debunked.   Since then, science has done little research for 50 years thanks to illogical laws.  Western culture blindly believes that science is the gold standard of truth, but there are other sources of knowledge.  The chemical “5-meo” has been used by our ancestors going back thousands of years, as it appears in yopo, which I have taken and can be as powerful as Bufo.  If these chemicals had harmed the tribe, they would have been filtered out generations ago.  

“I avoid synthetic drugs and I prefer the organic hallucinogens, because I believe that a long history of shamanic usage is the first seal of approval that one must look for when selecting a substance for its possible effects on personal growth. And if a plant has been used for thousands of years, one can also be fairly confident that it does not cause tumors or miscarriages or carry other unacceptable phys­ical risks. Over time, trial and error has resulted in the choice of the most effective and least toxic plants for shamanic use.”

Terence McKenna. Food of the Gods (Kindle Locations 3663-3666).

Vincit omnia Veritas.

21 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

In the 1960s, in response to the LSD hysteria, the scientists promptly produced a study that proved LSD damages chromosomes.  This was widely believed for years until it was debunked.   Since then, science has done little research for 50 years thanks to illogical laws. 

and now we're over that hurdle, as mainstream academia is distributing "pro-LSD propaganda" in their public health university curriculum. It's a great time to be alive :D

21 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

Western culture blindly believes that science is the gold standard of truth, but there are other sources of knowledge.  The chemical “5-meo” has been used by our ancestors going back thousands of years, as it appears in yopo, which I have taken and can be as powerful as Bufo.  If these chemicals had harmed the tribe, they would have been filtered out generations ago.  

“I avoid synthetic drugs and I prefer the organic hallucinogens, because I believe that a long history of shamanic usage is the first seal of approval that one must look for when selecting a substance for its possible effects on personal growth. And if a plant has been used for thousands of years, one can also be fairly confident that it does not cause tumors or miscarriages or carry other unacceptable phys­ical risks. Over time, trial and error has resulted in the choice of the most effective and least toxic plants for shamanic use.”

Tribes have also used tobacco and alcohol for shamanic purposes; not exactly the pinnacle of health. Survival is resilient. Evolution primarily operates on reproductive fitness, not health and longevity. If you can reproduce before you penis falls off, then that's completely OK from an evolutionary standpoint.

I'm not dismissing the utility of ancient knowledge, nor am I buffing the utility of scientific knowledge by simply applying either model in a particular situation. I say "why not both?" Be critical of all knowledge, not just the one you don't like.

@Wildcattt555 Thanks for Response, 

Can you answer my other questions? As I said, I am really curious about your age. Because your POV seems so different and fresh. 

Your logic is right, something which is infinite more Potent can have Serotonin syndrom effects. But be open minded that you can be fine if you approach this intelligent(no over dose). 

I Googled lsd and Serotonin syndrom. Nothing really out there. Lsd is not Mdma you know, it is proved as non toxic but of course with rectless usage you can damage yourself somehow. But this you can say to anything so this is no big insight

Edited by OBEler

17 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Wildcattt555 Thanks for Response, 

Can you answer my other questions? As I said, I am really curious about your age. Because your POV seems so different and fresh. 

Your logic is right, something which is infinite more Potent can have Serotonin syndrom effects. But be open minded that you can be fine if you approach this intelligent(no over dose). 

I Googled lsd and Serotonin syndrom. Nothing really out there. Lsd is not Mdma you know, it is proved as non toxic but of course with rectless usage you can damage yourself somehow. But this you can say to anything so this is no big ido when  meditating because I thought I was going to leave my body.   Forced kundalini awakening. Bad idea. 

( my account has been Suspended twice for the same incident. , is why I couldn’t respond normally) 

Edited by Wildcattt555
Spelling error

4 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

In spite of these choices, it's curious that the brain tumour that eventually killed Terence McKenna was mushroom-shaped. 

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

2 hours ago, Wildcattt555 said:

count Leo as proof if you’re a fan, but there is a reason  they micro trip in Silicon Valley  …. Key word, micro  

If it’s so great and safe why do wealthy  people with access to the best shit, best medical care and best nutrition exercise so much caution ⚠️ 

That's pure demagoguery, don't you think? people who microdose do it for other reasons. and say that if the rich do it like that, it will be for a reason... omg

21 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

That's pure demagoguery, don't you think? people who microdose do it for other reasons. and say that if the rich do it like that, it will be for a reason... omg

Screw it im not explaining it to you  if you want to dismiss anything I say because I’m being a “demagogue “ lmfao go for it  

Edited by Wildcattt555

I don't know dude... I've been tripping for 10 years, 5 of those intensely. I feel great, my health is also much better

I take care of myself like never before. You need to teach yourself grounding. This is very important. and be wise and intutive with dosage. 

What doesn't work for you doesn't mean it's like that for everyone. It's not good to generalize psychedelics. It's how you go about it. 

16 minutes ago, Wildcattt555 said:

Screw it im not explaining it to you  if you want to dismiss anything I say because I’m being a “demagogue “ lmfao go for it  

Don't get angry. If you are in a forum you are explaining to everyone. I was just saying that I was shocked to read those things. you are supposed to talk to intelligent people who have been deeply informed, there are not people who think that if they do it like that in silicon valey, it will be that they know something that we do not

3 minutes ago, Luminescence said:

I don't know dude... I've been tripping for 10 years, 5 of those intensely. I feel great, my health is also much better

I take care of myself like never before. You need to teach yourself grounding. This is very important. and be wise and intutive with dosage. 

What doesn't work for you doesn't mean it's like that for everyone. It's not good to generalize psychedelics. It's how you go about it. 

That’s great for you. I never once said everyone who uses psychedelics a lot will have issues.    

25 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Don't get angry. If you are in a forum you are explaining to everyone. I was just saying that I was shocked to read those things. you are supposed to talk to intelligent people who have been deeply informed, there are not people who think that if they do it like that in silicon valey, it will be that they know something that we do not

Plz Don’t call me a demagogue and don’t say you were shocked to read something that wasn’t shocking. If English isn’t your first language then fine , it’s understandable . But if it , is you are really something else. I’m not in an emotional argument with you about elitism.  That’s something you fabricated from your interpretation of my post. 
like on what planet do I have an obligation to explain my post to u. I feel like I’m getting trolled hard 

Edited by Wildcattt555

22 minutes ago, Wildcattt555 said:

I’m getting trolled hard

It is not like this. if you start a thread about such a serious topic, and also interesting, I read it completely, I think there are good points, and suddenly I read that about silicon valey and wealthy people and I feel a blow to the face, nothing more. I'm in my right to express my opinion. You could answer and show me why I'm wrong, agree with me, or ignore me. This is a forum