Preety_India

Why is Indian society so judgmental?

47 posts in this topic

@kray women goddesses are namesake. In reality women are treated worse than animals. Practices like sati existed even before colonialism. It's the colonials who actually got rid of it.. 

Please don't fly it in my face that women in ancient India were treated so nice. No. Hinduism is deeply misogynistic towards women. There are temples where women are not allowed. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 3/22/2022 at 11:46 AM, PurpleTree said:

@preety why do you change your avatar every day?

she's wasting her time on this forum, threads like these confirm my suspicion that people overthink dumb questions like this, every culture has its cons, some don't mind them and some do, it's exposing yourself to other cultures that make you aware of pros and cons of your own, that's why multicultural peope who enjoy traveling a lot find their home country the least interesting.

If you don't like your country then just move, but over time you're probably going to start complaining about it as well. Contrary to your "immigration is bad" belief

Thinking about your profile picture & browsing pinterest for a new one everyday is not healthy, this forum is doing you more harm then good.

If you pay to much attention to approval and aesthetics (externalities) it prevents you from being creative, conceptual & philosophical. And despite being external you still lack its only strength which is practicality.  carl yung "who looks outside dreams who looks inside awakes"

(I'm sure that quote has other applications as well)

That's my perspective, and I might get banned for it depending on how people take it in, stage green sensitivity tends to get on my nerves very naturally, so sorry for the burst.

@Preety_India they’ve been hurt by the west

always put down 

I’m East Asian, never experienced bullying that other Asian friends I have had.

Love and Life

4 hours ago, MarkKol said:

she's wasting her time on this forum, threads like these confirm my suspicion that people overthink dumb questions like this, every culture has its cons, some don't mind them and some do, it's exposing yourself to other cultures that make you aware of pros and cons of your own, that's why multicultural peope who enjoy traveling a lot find their home country the least interesting.

If you don't like your country then just move, but over time you're probably going to start complaining about it as well. Contrary to your "immigration is bad" belief

Thinking about your profile picture & browsing pinterest for a new one everyday is not healthy, this forum is doing you more harm then good.

If you pay to much attention to approval and aesthetics (externalities) it prevents you from being creative, conceptual & philosophical. And despite being external you still lack its only strength which is practicality.  carl yung "who looks outside dreams who looks inside awakes"

(I'm sure that quote has other applications as well)

That's my perspective, and I might get banned for it depending on how people take it in, stage green sensitivity tends to get on my nerves very naturally, so sorry for the burst.

It seems you're the one who cares a bit more than me. Maybe you need to take time off and focus on other things than ruminate on what others do with their time.

33 minutes ago, OceanRiver said:

@Preety_India they’ve been hurt by the west

always put down 

I’m East Asian, never experienced bullying that other Asian friends I have had.

Yea i get that point. But the society was even more judgemental before western influence.

indian society is stage blue. why do u expect stage blue to behave like orange or green

1 minute ago, itachi uchiha said:

indian society is stage blue. why do u expect stage blue to behave like orange or green

Are you telling me that a society should always be stage blue ?

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

Are you telling me that a society should always be stage blue ?

nope

our generation will be orange and above

Just now, itachi uchiha said:

nope

our generation will be orange and above

I think it has less to do with stage blue or stage orange and more to do with ingrained social attitudes.

Even a stage orange society can be judgemental.

5 minutes ago, Rokazulu said:

Your individual expression with members of your society, can be an shining example of how humans can more preferably interact.
This may appear too challenging, but luckily we can't physically do anymore than whatever we know to do in the moment.

Thank you for the input. You are right.

On 3/22/2022 at 8:59 AM, vizual said:

Everyone judges people, it's part of human nature. We all judge, it's how we survive. The key is not to try and stop people from judging, that's a fools errand. It's to inform people so they can make better, more compassionate and more informed judgments.

And still, single don't have to date single moms if they don't want to. Just like they don't have to date transgender women. But you don't have to be judgmental about them as well. 

When I speak for me personally; I don't want to date single moms, but I don't judge them negatively for being a single mom. I respect single moms, it's gotta be pretty tough. But I personally don't want to date that out of personal preference. And there's nothing wrong with that, we don't all have to want the same thing in life

I use to confuse judging and logic. To judge something is to rate it as either good or bad, Desirable or undesirable. For example you could have a choice between a longer harder more dangerous route to a destination, or a shorter, easier and safer path. The logical choice is the shorter path but it doesn't mean you demonize it as bad. You can easily NOT demonize it by understanding if you wanted to workout and challenge yourself the longer path is the better option. So it depends on the objective whether something is advantageous or disadvantageous to you. Its neither good nor bad just relative to your goals.

So you can use logic to determine a decision without demonizing it. To judge something is basically to conclude it as bad/guilty/unworthy to exist/ v.s. good, innocent/great part of existence. As long as you do not deem something as bad, you have not judged it. So everybody doesn't judge they just have goals and as long as they can respect the existence of things outside their preferences then no judgment is there.

How you know judgment has taken place is when disrespect, discrimination, subjugation, exploitation, etc. is pursued against the "lesser" thing.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

On 02/04/2022 at 5:38 AM, Preety_India said:

@kray Practices like sati existed even before colonialism. It's the colonials who actually got rid of it.. 

Edited by Truth Seekah

Please don't fly it in my face that women in ancient India were treated so nice. No. Hinduism is deeply misogynistic towards women.

There are temples where women are not allowed. 

1 hour ago, Truth Seekah said:

So if there's a "place of worship" which allows for the rape of children it should be allowed because of religious "diversity". And secular rules and standard should not be applied to religion. 

Another idiot who thinks that everything should be allowed "because God said so".

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@Truth Seekah you have absolutely no defense against the condition of women in India and how they get treated. 

I'm an Indian woman and only i know how i get treated. It's a deeply sexist misogynistic society with double standards and totally male dominated, nobody can simply change a person's mindset, we aren't children to be manipulated like that. The condition of women in India is awful and your videos are plain ignorant and lack substance. 

On 03/04/2022 at 3:40 PM, Preety_India said:

@Truth Seekah you have absolutely no defense against the condition of women in India and how they get treated. 

I'm an Indian woman and only i know how i get treated. It's a deeply sexist misogynistic society with double standards and totally male dominated, nobody can simply change a person's mindset, we aren't children to be manipulated like that. The condition of women in India is awful and your videos are plain ignorant and lack substance. 

@Truth Seekah tell that to rape and sexual assault victims including me. 

Your lack of sensitivity is just astounding. 

Don't bother talking to me again because I don't appreciate lack of sensitivity. It's a brick wall.