r0ckyreed

What do you desire and fear the most? Why?

30 posts in this topic

desire: oneness, happiness, love, abundance

fear: fear itself, division, the opposite of happiness, scarcity

Edited by PurpleTree

15 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

What I mean by a true potential is to give it your all and not have any regrets. Live life to the fullest and have the highest level of mastery that you can possibly have on your deathbed.

1. There is nothing to achieve in life. This is the first illusion and one that is purported by society so they can make USE of you. Every achievement you make will give you a brief dopamine hit and then you will ask "That was great but now what's next?" If you continue this way in the hopes that you will somehow reach some new level of happiness....you won't. You cannot attach your happiness to anything outside of you. I learned this early on in life by studying the most successful people throughout history and they all learned this lesson. 

2. Regret is an expression of your beliefs. You CHOOSE to regret. If you CHOOSE to regret you create the emotion of GUILT. You feel GUILT because you are JUDGING yourself. When you do that you create a "SHADOW" or parts of yourself you hide from yourself to escape your judgment and walk around with REPRESSED GUILT. 

3. Live your life with no regrets. Understand that you were TAUGHT to regret. As a toddler you didn't regret anything because you were too busy exploring the world and that regret was taught to you so that your caregivers and teachers could CONTROL you and curtail potentially any disruptive/dangerous behavior they assumed you might engage in. Its a necessary evil to some extent but then as Adults we have to transcend that part of our conditioning or suffer the consequences.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

I desire to work hard and I fear losing myself to hard work. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

5 hours ago, Razard86 said:

1. There is nothing to achieve in life. This is the first illusion and one that is purported by society so they can make USE of you. Every achievement you make will give you a brief dopamine hit and then you will ask "That was great but now what's next?" If you continue this way in the hopes that you will somehow reach some new level of happiness....you won't. You cannot attach your happiness to anything outside of you. I learned this early on in life by studying the most successful people throughout history and they all learned this lesson. 

2. Regret is an expression of your beliefs. You CHOOSE to regret. If you CHOOSE to regret you create the emotion of GUILT. You feel GUILT because you are JUDGING yourself. When you do that you create a "SHADOW" or parts of yourself you hide from yourself to escape your judgment and walk around with REPRESSED GUILT. 

3. Live your life with no regrets. Understand that you were TAUGHT to regret. As a toddler you didn't regret anything because you were too busy exploring the world and that regret was taught to you so that your caregivers and teachers could CONTROL you and curtail potentially any disruptive/dangerous behavior they assumed you might engage in. Its a necessary evil to some extent but then as Adults we have to transcend that part of our conditioning or suffer the consequences.

I appreciate your perspective.  For me, true potential is not about achievement, but more about being all that I can be.  We all have unique gifts, skills, and talents.  True potential is using gifts, skills, and talents in my life and to follow my heart.  

As with regret, if I did not follow my heart and dreams, if I lived my entire life the way I did not want to live it, then I would experience regret.  One of my biggest fears is being too scared to take risks and follow my heart.  Another fear is to also lose my comforts that I have now and to suffer.  So, I am kind of in a bind lol.

I do not really regret anything in my life so far because I still believe that I have time because I am still young (25).  But I have dreams to travel to national parks this summer, and I would be mad at the opportunities I let slip by.  I believe that regret can be a choice and a matter of perspective, but I also think that it is an emotion that happens to us in association with us seeing the opportunities we missed in life.  To a certain degree, it is a choice, but on another level, it does not seem to be if one lives their entire life realizing that they were climbing up the wrong latter.  All emotions are valid, it is just what we do with them that matters.  I see regret as a sign that I am capable of more than I realize, and I let myself and opportunities pass away.

5 hours ago, ZenSwift said:

I desire to work hard and I fear losing myself to hard work. 

I resonate with this.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

On 22/03/2022 at 0:40 AM, r0ckyreed said:

What do you desire the most?

Trust, Peace, Love, Joy

On 22/03/2022 at 0:40 AM, r0ckyreed said:

What do you fear the most?

Fear

8 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

Fear

I never understood this answer.  Fearing fear is fearing to feel.  There is nothing wrong with the emotion of fear, it is how we use it.  Fear is one of the most powerful emotions we have that can motivate us and enhance us to succeed, if used in a conscious manner.  The pit scene from the Dark Knight Rises (Batman Movie) is a great example of how useful the emotion of fear is.  

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

6 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

I never understood this answer.  Fearing fear is fearing to feel.  There is nothing wrong with the emotion of fear, it is how we use it.  Fear is one of the most powerful emotions we have that can motivate us and enhance us to succeed, if used in a conscious manner.  The pit scene from the Dark Knight Rises (Batman Movie) is a great example of how useful the emotion of fear is.  

Well, you asked me what I fear most.

The answer is: everything that leads me to being afraid.

Fear is always about refusing an experience. It is a rejection, a resistance of the present moment. I dislike indeed that rejection per se.

If fear is not there, there is acceptance.

Of course, the emotion of fear is useful to a certain degree. But to know I don't need to put my hand on a hot stove, I don't need to fear it. Fear is useful as long as you aren't mature enough to know whether an experience is dangerous or not.

i want my life to be in stabilized and evolving positively

one fear i have is the economy breaking down big time

one day this will all be memories

What do you desire the most?

- To know the Truth of what I am, my highest Self, intimately, fully, completely, light and dark, in and out, EVERYTHING.

What do you fear the most?

- Facing my dark side, my insecurities, need of love and approval, my repressed sexual drives/desires, my prejudices, biases, beliefs, fantasies, and so on.

- Being 100% authentic.

Why? Be specific!

- I am afraid that my mental idea of who I am will be shattered when I realize what I actually am.

- I am afraid that I will be reject able, unlovable, weird, outcast, alienated, spit on, killed, for being me. I haven't thought deeply enough about what it all boils down to, I have heard that the root of all fear is fear of death.. Maybe that's it, 

What do you desire and what do you fear at the most fundamental level and why? 

Desire: To be complete, whole, and integrated. Ultimately, Self Love.

Fear: Being rejected, hated, or killed, for being ME. 

Why? Because I have been fragmented, dis-integrated and self hating, and it was literal hell. Because I intuit that if I live authentically, whatever that means, I will have lived the Good life, for me.

Why? Because I have been rejected, hated, and even threatened to be murdered for who I am. I am afraid of that repeating.

Edited by Realms of Wonder
Incorrect format

Welcome, to the authenticity evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMc_MGhRl-1t3MoV36uG1A

I desire renown, money, good organic food, sexual dreams, connections from the astral, more love for humanity and whatever Enlightenment may self-realize.

I would like to say I only desire Enlightenment, and love but it wouldn't be so accurate from my perspective. If I did, I would be sitting in meditation every waking moment and think of nothing else.

Fear definitely exists, as well. Though, often the only time I feel fear is within some kind of void or elder god within my dream state. It is actually good when it happens, because it means I am integrating with a far larger aspect of myself.

I would like to imagine that if faced with death in the waking world, I would not fear it, but my dreams indicate that this is mostly not the case for the personality I am, in this moment. Maybe someday or in some future life.

Edited by Rokazulu