r0ckyreed

What do you desire and fear the most? Why?

30 posts in this topic

What do you desire the most?

What do you fear the most?

Why? Be specific!

When responding to these questions, think about what it all boils down to.

Does all desire boil down to love, happiness, and peace of mind?

Does all fear boil down to death? 

What is the root of fear and desire?

What do you desire and what do you fear at the most fundamental level and why? 

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

Desire: Change

Fear: Change

Why: unknown, curious, dangerous, potential, inspiring, hopeful, destructive, amazing

BUT ALSO

Desire: Sameness

Fear: Sameness

Why: feels known, comfortable, easy, simple, reliable, present, boring, lame, problematic, horrible

Edited by PepperBlossoms

I desire true love

I fear darkness of humanity 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I desire true love

I fear darkness of humanity 

Both are within you.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Just now, RickyFitts said:

Both are within you.

I'm aware

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

12 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I'm aware

?

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

To know everything.

Abandonment.

• Why? Be specific!

1. Insecure

2. Because real love is worth fearing losing

When responding to these questions, think about what it all boils down to.

• Love. I still want to experience it all after knowing it all. 

• all 4 combined. Bliss.

Chaos.

What is the root of fear and desire?

Chaos.

What do you desire and what do you fear at the most fundamental level and why? 

Love. Most difficult.

Love and Life

Good answers.

I desire Truth, Love, and total confidence. I want to know as much as I can about reality, and I want the deepest Love and connection to it. I want total freedom. To know reality and fall in love with it. 

My ultimate desire is freedom and adventure, which means doing the most with my freedom to get me the deepest truth, love, and confidence. 

What I fear is pain, losing my abilities and strengths, and to not live up to my full potential and fulfill my dreams.

I guess it all boils down to my fear of death or my fear of not being/feeling free. My biggest fear probably has to be not living up to my potential. 

Life to me has become a way to prepare to die in peace when all I desire is extinguished if that is possible and my full potential has been actualized. 

The roots of it all my be to feel important. I desire something because I think it is important and I fear because I think it is important and matters.

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

I am going to argue that all of your desires ultimately boil down to giving you happiness and peace of mind. And all fear is the fear of loss and death, your own egoic annihilation is the biggest one.

Why chase love, knowledge, success? What does it give you? Peace of mind and happiness? And what you fear is losing happiness and life itself?

12 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

All my wishes fulfilled.

12 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Having an unfulfilled life.

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

Good answers.

I desire Truth, Love, and total confidence. I want to know as much as I can about reality, and I want the deepest Love and connection to it. I want total freedom. To know reality and fall in love with it. 

My ultimate desire is freedom and adventure, which means doing the most with my freedom to get me the deepest truth, love, and confidence. 

What I fear is pain, losing my abilities and strengths, and to not live up to my full potential and fulfill my dreams.

I guess it all boils down to my fear of death or my fear of not being/feeling free. My biggest fear probably has to be not living up to my potential. 

Life to me has become a way to prepare to die in peace when all I desire is extinguished if that is possible and my full potential has been actualized. 

The roots of it all my be to feel important. I desire something because I think it is important and I fear because I think it is important and matters.

Not sure how you can realize your true potential when your true potential is a limitless possibility. Good luck with that one.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

want to go to bed tonight collapse into bed utterly exhausted then to get up tomorrow just as exhilarated and exuberant

fear it not gonna happen but trust me it's okay i have put in the work today and i am ready and willing to call it a day

4 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Not sure how you can realize your true potential when your true potential is a limitless possibility. Good luck with that one.

What I mean by a true potential is to give it your all and not have any regrets. Live life to the fullest and have the highest level of mastery that you can possibly have on your deathbed.

I want to be free from suffering, but I fear it too much ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I desire freedom and authentic expression, no hiding who I am, I desire to live life as my authentic Self.

I desire a deep, genuine connection and bond with other like-minded people. 

I desire to live life effortlessly and with deep-rooted trust. 

I fear people rejecting me, laughing at me, ridiculing me, not taking me seriously, being perceived as odd or strange. 

I fear living a conditioned life caring too much what other people think and not being brave enough to genuinely show myself wholeheartedly and authentically. 

I fear being visible and probably "attackable" 

I fear not being able to become free; free in my mind and free in my finances. I fear being trapped of some sorts. 

23 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

hhmm... with the desires I would say yes. With my fears.. I feel it's mostly rejection (which is sort of a social death) and being trapped in some way, which is maybe a sort of death as well (stagnation/inauthenticity) 

Edited by Pilgrim

7 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I want to be free from suffering, but I fear it too much ?

Good.

3 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

hhmm... with the desires I would say yes. With my fears.. I feel it's mostly rejection (which is sort of a social death) and being trapped in some way, which is maybe a sort of death as well (stagnation/inauthenticity) 

Good.  

Start noticing how irrational all fear is.  Even though your rational mind knows your fears, it still is succumbed by them in the same way you are entranced by your dreams at night.  The best time to contemplate fear is when you fear.  Same with desire.  Fear is the opposite of desire.

We desire life and fear death.  We desire what makes us feel more alive and we fear what makes us feel more dead.  That is what it boils down to.  

There are so many things that I fear, and they are all linked to death.  Even though I rationally know that death is imaginary, that life is a dream, I still fear death.  I still fear the end of all illusion that I know of.  

Even though I say all emotions are irrational, I believe that our emotional mind is more intelligent than our rational mind.