The White Belt

Am I Obsessed With Leo?

22 posts in this topic

What's up guys?

So, I dream about Leo more than I dream about anybody else in my life, he's always there, giving me some profound advice. 

Sometimes I think people think he's just another YouTuber, but when I watch Actualized.org videos, I feel like i'm watching the Socrates of our day, in digital form. When he didn't post a video today I got a bit panicky and I went for a nap, and dreamed that he had finished making videos all together, and I hugged him to thank him for what he's done for me. 

Maybe it stems from my father. He's not a bad man in essence, but his suffering over-takes him, and I see him as a pretty shitty role-model. So perhaps Leo is like a role-model for me.

I dunno. What do you guys think? Should I detox from Actualized.org for a while? Is this an issue, or am I justified thinking like this because I've found a good role-model. Somebody who works his ass off, and never upholds himself to blatant bullshit, like so many of us do.

Thanks! 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

@BeginnerActualizer if your obsessed with Leo, then thats what is, or is it your mind that is obsessed with Leo, and you are observing it?

You don't have to detox from actualized.org just don't get all caught up in identification with your thoughts that are appearing in your awareness.

Thoughts are coming and going in your awareness, but when thoughts are not, you still are, so its obviously the case that thoughts are not fundamentally What you are.

Edited by Callum A

Callum has the right idea I think. 

It sounds like you're a little obsessed, but big deal, the mind gets attached to things. I think 'detoxing' is just going to reinforce the idea that it's some kind of problem. Just notice it. There is an energy charge behind the attachment that is using the image of Leo to express itself. If it wasn't on Leo it'd be on something else. So it's not a problem, just an opportunity to unravel it and grow. When it arises, notice it and unconditionally feel. It will unravel and have positive effects on the rest of your experience and other subjects. 

Well.. I would recommend taking this as an opportunity to meditate, contemplate, go through his earlier videos, find out what you haven't embodied and spend time on working on it. Use the time dreaming about him to dream about your future. What would Leo want you to do? Maybe program your subconscious mind with affirmations like "I am not attached to Leo as a father figure, I just embody his material and advice" "I am  growing everyday and are not attached to any guru/gura"

..or if you feel any romantic or sexual attraction towards Leo, use affirmations like "I am french-kissing Leo Gura in my white Ferrari in Las vegas", and visualise it as vividly as possible, making it very emotional and juicy..

Maybe send him a private message, being honest with him, asking why...why did he not upload the video? He promised!!! Tell him your feelings and be rock bottom honest, leaving nothing hidden, and you will be free from your mind and can move one (as suggested in Radical Honesty)..Maybe this can lead to greater things... What if this IS your zone of genious and life purpose? "Making people wise people releasing their advices when promised" You can be even more specific... "Make sure leaders in Consciousness/Actualization-youtube channels release their content every Sunday as expected"

There is a lot of potential... Who said your life is about your life? Supporting a bigger cause, helping a larger movement with the right values to spread, making it BIG, HUGE, GREAT! A greater cause, the greatest movement of the 21th century!!!! MAKE AMERICA GR....Actualized.... Yes... YES!!! That's it!!!! MAKE AMERICA ACTUALIZED!!! MAKE AMERICA ENLIGHTENED!!

Just some suggestions

@BeginnerActualizer Obvious parent substitution. You were neglected by your father and Leo is a persona your inner child can attach itself to. thats not baaad maan! =D`

It is the first necessary process for healing :). Many people when they go to therapy they tend to fall in love with their therapist. Same thing there, they finally get guidance that they were not given from very young age. 
So just acknowledge that, and perhaps look into things like therapy, shadow-work, obv. do meditation n shit.. :o).

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@art Hey. Thanks for the reply. Here's my response to your suggestions;

2 minutes ago, art said:

Use the time dreaming about him to dream about your future.

I don't get a say on what I dream 

3 minutes ago, art said:

Maybe program your subconscious mind with affirmations like "I am not attached to Leo as a father figure, I just embody his material and advice" "I am  growing everyday and are not attached to any guru/gura"

..or if you feel any romantic or sexual attraction towards Leo, use affirmations like "I am french-kissing Leo Gura in my white Ferrari in Las vegas", and visualise it as vividly as possible, making it very emotional and juicy..

That's going to give SO much more rise to any thoughts. 

4 minutes ago, art said:

Maybe send him a private message, being honest with him, asking why...why did he not upload the video? He promised!!! 

He never promised anything.

I really hate to be a dick, and I know you were trying to be helpful. But these are all horrible suggestions! No offence! I still appreciate you commenting.

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

9 minutes ago, art said:

Well.. I would recommend taking this as an opportunity to meditate, contemplate, go through his earlier videos, find out what you haven't embodied and spend time on working on it. Use the time dreaming about him to dream about your future. What would Leo want you to do? Maybe program your subconscious mind with affirmations like "I am not attached to Leo as a father figure, I just embody his material and advice" "I am  growing everyday and are not attached to any guru/gura"

Don't do affirmations my dude. At least not in this way.

11 minutes ago, art said:

There is a lot of potential... Who said your life is about your life? Supporting a bigger cause, helping a larger movement with the right values to spread, making it BIG, HUGE, GREAT! A greater cause, the greatest movement of the 21th century!!!! MAKE AMERICA GR....Actualized.... Yes... YES!!! That's it!!!! MAKE AMERICA ACTUALIZED!!! MAKE AMERICA ENLIGHTENED!!

Just some suggestions

Your life is about your life like... :D Heyy... This is a horrible advice.
Sorry.

@BeginnerActualizer
Even from your nickname on the forum you have placed yourself into a "child-like" or "student-like" or like... u know what I mean i a lil padawan.
And that's fine, it is a stage of development, you are where you are.
Before you start working on detachment, some sort of attachment is needed isn't it =D.
Just be aware of whats happening.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

1 minute ago, Martin123 said:

Don't do affirmations my dude. At least not in this way.

Your life is about your life like... :D Heyy... This is a horrible advice.
Sorry.

@BeginnerActualizer
Even from your nickname on the forum you have placed yourself into a "child-like" or "student-like" or like... u know what I mean i a lil padawan.
And that's fine, it is a stage of development, you are where you are.
Before you start working on detachment, some sort of attachment is needed isn't it =D.
Just be aware of whats happening.

:D LOL! I was just trying to have a little fun with you. My serious advice would be: Shadow work, uncovering your childhood wovs, check out other sources, many great self-help/nonduality teachers out there.. No reason to be attached to one teacher, there are plenty of others that can help you with advices that can make you Enlightened, Actualized, Happy, Rich or whatever you desire. Contemplating WHY are you feeling panickly about it.

16 hours ago, BeginnerActualizer said:

What's up guys?

So, I dream about Leo more than I dream about anybody else in my life, he's always there, giving me some profound advice. 

Sometimes I think people think he's just another YouTuber, but when I watch Actualized.org videos, I feel like i'm watching the Socrates of our day, in digital form. When he didn't post a video today I got a bit panicky and I went for a nap, and dreamed that he had finished making videos all together, and I hugged him to thank him for what he's done for me. 

Maybe it stems from my father. He's not a bad man in essence, but his suffering over-takes him, and I see him as a pretty shitty role-model. So perhaps Leo is like a role-model for me.

I dunno. What do you guys think? Should I detox from Actualized.org for a while? Is this an issue, or am I justified thinking like this because I've found a good role-model. Somebody who works his ass off, and never upholds himself to blatant bullshit, like so many of us do.

Thanks! 

I had only one dream with Leo, but it was profound for me. Already posted about it on the forum. 

It's showing you that your subconscious is so deep and there's a lot to explore. 

In my dream Leo was completely friendly and he allowed for anyone to call him and just talk. He'd show me that I am the entire dream by experience, literally the stuff out of which the dream is made of.

Then he just talked to me about his ordinary life like we're friends and he's just sharing his hidden talents of playing musical instruments and stuff about his girlfriend,  home,  etc...

He just talked peacefully,  with no attachment, excitement etc. He was also listening to what I had to say and never judged, justflowed with the conversation wherever it is headed, even if it was irrelevant. It wasn't forced interaction,  he was happy talking to anyone ):)))

Edited by Dodoster

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

I've noticed that its easy to get attached to people you feel help you in some way and put them up on a pedestal. The easiest way to deal with this is in my experience to focus on the message, and not the person. After a while of just focusing on the message instead of the person your subconscious will adapt and it will just happen normally. You'll also be able to attain more information and in a deeper level. Focusing on the person just removes concentration from the real point of the video. Use awareness and it will happen.

Also, Leo is probably the one that can solve it for you!

Edited by AxelK

@Dodoster Jesus! One of my dreams was so similar it's scary. He was like at a party with a load of self-actualizers/spiritual seekers, and he was so friendly, just talking to anybody. Also he was with his girlfriend.

P.S, guys, it's not sexual. I think it's just a strong admiration, and I probably gave too my rise to it by posting it here, and yet, it was nice to just lay it out there a bit.

― Shunryu Suzuki

Dirty ol' dishwater counts, right?

Well, maybe if you just kept it simple, recognizing that there was something new and exciting in your life, and that Leo may have been the bringer, but what he brought was the important thing, you could get ahead on the journey further and faster than if you were to concentrate too much on the teacher.

He's great to watch, I learn and am entertained, impressed & inspired, but mostly grateful that he's so effective. I found Actualized.org at just the right time of burning curiosity in my life, so perfect to have him as a meta-source right now. Plus he cracks me up at the wrongest moments in the midst of making a point sometimes, it's pretty precious.

I think you should not worry and you're not obsessed. 

It is your subconscious who has found a way to communicate to you and help you out in the best way it can. Guess thats through Leo's words.

What you need to do is try to become lucid in those dream and take advantage of your very own Leo (yeah not in a sexual way please :D)

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

I  don't think you are obsessed.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

I love him too also. However I don't post here a lot, I can not imagine what I will do if he is gone. Sometimes at work I re-listen to his videos so many times to grasp the idea. I wish we could meet him in person, something like conciousness convention. I love him but it has nothing to do with erotic or sexual desires. Yes, more like my guru. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Sometimes I think if I'm obsessed too, I used to use this word a lot, obsessed, I've been obsessed about fitness, nutrition, drawing, psychedelics, some books, some authors, I chose to change the word "obsessed" to passionate, some of my passions are gone, since I dug so much into it, I feel like I know enough or experienced a lot about the subject and it's time to go to the next one, but actualized.org has been in my life quite a while, it's an occurring passion, and you know why? Because it's about life, Life is endless, infinite, it's not a subject that you study about and that's it, there is no end, there is no truth, we just keep learning and experiencing and living, what can inspire me more than Life? Nothing, I keep doing what I'm doing, I don't have only actualized.org as a source of information, so that way I don't take Leo's ideas and opinions for me.

One of his videos he talks about a quote, I don't remember who wrote it but it's something like, the ship in the ocean, we are the ship and our thoughts/beliefs the ocean, we are in an ocean of ideas and opinions, reading stuff everywhere, a ship is supposed to be in the ocean not somewhere else, always moving and what is the ocean? It's water, it's always changing, that's how we should keep our thoughts/beliefs, don't hold on to anything permanently, absorb the ideas you think will serve for you, use it, experience it yourself, than after you learn you get better and jump to another idea.

sorry about my English, but im glad you talked about it because it's something I needed to clarify to myself and express it.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

On 1/22/2017 at 4:24 PM, BeginnerActualizer said:

What's up guys?

Thanks! 

Well, I think it's good that you're asking yourself these questions. But my thought is that, because you're considering this, it's more likely that you're just passionate about the things that Leo talks about. When I really resonate with someone, I tend to dream of them and think of them often. I tend to develop what I call "platonic crushes" on them. So, I feel attracted to them in a non-romantic kind of way in the same intensity that I would have a romantic crush. When I feel this way about someone, I know that I'm listening to something helpful to myself in some way. It's like my emotions and mind are telling me "Yes! This is exactly what you need right now!"

So, it's okay to have very strong positive emotions about a teacher. But on the flip-side, you must also recognize that teachers are just a mouthpiece and that you may go out of resonance with them eventually at different points in your journey. So, it's okay to feel a sense of love and admiration toward a teacher but it's very harmful to be attached. So, if you have a platonic crush on Leo, it's probably because you see reflected in him a part of yourself that wants to grow. Follow your intuition and emotions, and you won't go wrong. But do so in a detached way, and know that it's never been about Leo but only about yourself.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Many thanks for the continued responses!

― Shunryu Suzuki

On 22.1.2017 at 10:24 PM, BeginnerActualizer said:

So, I dream about Leo more than I dream about anybody else in my life, he's always there

and I hugged him to thank him for what he's done for me.

Oh boy...

I too had once those feelings (and still have) ... for Putin. nohomo

Nah just kidding, I used to love Leo too but only the pre-enlightenment Leo. He was humble yet raw and real and he spat out some profound life advice and philosophy,  he changed my life forever back then.

Here's my key; Philosophy. A freak like me just needs Infinity.