MarkKol

Do you have anything to lose in this life?

11 posts in this topic

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. you are already naked. there is no reason not to follow your heart"

this quote of course, Is about courage. maybe I'm taking this quote too literally but there really is nothing to lose in this life, other then life itself which is debatable. should I be courageous? "you are already naked" means you're not carrying anything of true value, so why not live on your edge? should I just quit my job and go to India for a couple of months for example? why not? should I even have a job? this quote is completely irrational which scares me to be honest. I don't even have to ask my friends and family, they will take this quote is a negative way. is there a point in living safely? 

what are your thoughts on this quote my rational friends?

Edited by MarkKol

It’s a personal preference of how one wants to live their life. Do you want to thrive in life, or cope with life. It’s a subtle difference maybe, but has a big impact how one’s life is going to play out. Most people in life are trying to cope with life, that’s something we have to be aware of.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Should you go all in on life or should you just rest, relax and enjoy life??

Edited by hyruga

forget life ... what have you done of value today ... don't go to bed til you have done something of value ... then you can die happily

On 3/19/2022 at 1:47 PM, MarkKol said:

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. you are already naked. there is no reason not to follow your heart"

this quote of course, Is about courage. maybe I'm taking this quote too literally but there really is nothing to lose in this life, other then life itself which is debatable. should I be courageous? "you are already naked" means you're not carrying anything of true value, so why not live on your edge? should I just quit my job and go to India for a couple of months for example? why not? should I even have a job? this quote is completely irrational which scares me to be honest. I don't even have to ask my friends and family, they will take this quote is a negative way. is there a point in living safely? 

what are your thoughts on this quote my rational friends?

Don't go to India. It's not some romanticized spiritual wonderland with mystics roaming the streets. It's just pollution, and a frustratingly morally uptight, stage blue population that don't even fully understand the vedic texts. If you like horrible traffic, rabid stray dogs everywhere, cigarette smoker, and chaos, then please go. But don't waste your education and life for a false idea of the "spiritual" path. You will be disappointed.  

You can always lose your freedom, reputation, sanity, health, time, family and long-term friends. Losing things like that could limit what's possible for you in this world and your experience. So it makes sense to be careful and not risk them that much. But this shouldn't stop you from living on the edge and from following your dreams and your intuition.  

I believe you can't live that freely. In a way, you'll have to live by the rules of society. If u want to be all in or halfway, its your preference. Sense of freedom is relatively an illusion of the mind.

17 hours ago, kray said:

Don't go to India. It's not some romanticized spiritual wonderland with mystics roaming the streets. It's just pollution, and a frustratingly morally uptight, stage blue population that don't even fully understand the vedic texts. If you like horrible traffic, rabid stray dogs everywhere, cigarette smoker, and chaos, then please go. But don't waste your education and life for a false idea of the "spiritual" path. You will be disappointed.  

When I was thinking about this, I was just looking for a cheap country to live inn for some time.