Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
faith

Please Comment On Spirituality And Binging

2 posts in this topic

I have days where I can't help and I will binge on practically everything - food, entertainment, and sleep. The worst is that I can't control it (or at least I think I can't), I just can't stop. And I don't feel bad afterwards. I think I enjoy it. Maybe I feel empty too. 

However, on the days that I follow my path, I feel just as great, if not better. The bottom line is some days I can implement a healthy, productive, spiritual lifestyle, and on other days all I do is lay in bed feeling half numb and half tired, but secretly enjoying it.

Would anybody provide any thoughts on binging behaviours and how to reconcile it with a spiritual path? I would appreciate some input.

Thank you :)

19 minutes ago, Danielle said:

Try to moderate it, Like Leo said, expect ego backlash and be aware of what you're doing as much as possible. That binging is just your way of being unconscious.  It's certainly difficult to eliminate all addictions and negative behaviours. Maybe the problem is you are not fully committed to your path and that is the reason you secretly enjoy it. Don't be hard on yourself and you'll soon see that, as your awareness increases, you'll naturally navigate towards more "spiritual" behaviour. It'll just seem pointless to engage in those  old actions. Also try to find the root cause of binging. Good luck :) 

Thank you very much Danielle. Binging is rather a wide scale problem. i was just watching "The Last Samurai", a movie with Tom Cruise about Japan, and I thought to myself "My, what a people! Their discipline to their art and life had such a strong resolve that it makes my knees weak just thinking about it". Too bad these ideas evolved in a relatively small region of the globe, and even in those places was only practiced by some denominations. And now I hear kids are suffering from ADHD more and more, and just wonder what the future will bring.

Thank you :)

Wish you love in your life!